PDA

View Full Version : Please fill out more of your profile info

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-22-2007, 17:20
At the risk of sounding like DandyDon on the SB would everyone please at least fill out your locations in your profile. It would be nice to at least know what state you're from.

Also it would put your answers and questions into better perspective for everyone else if we can tell how many dives you have what cert level(s) you have attained etc. :smiley20:

Jaymeany
08-22-2007, 17:24
Done. It never saved the first time I did it so I had to redo it. But here it is.

No Misses
08-22-2007, 17:32
I whole heartedly agree. If soeone is asking questions about the rig that I dive. I can see if they are in my area and offer to let them see it in action ;-) If they are in CA, I can tell them to go find Compudude:smiley36:

finflippers
08-22-2007, 17:41
How many dives someone has is always nice when trying to respond to their questions.

TxScubaBear
08-22-2007, 19:19
Plus it helps when you can see how many potential dive buddies you have close by!!

DivingsInMyBlood
08-22-2007, 19:37
fully agree with you matey, fill em in people.

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-22-2007, 20:02
Done. It never saved the first time I did it so I had to redo it. But here it is.

Thanks! :smiley2:

I whole heartedly agree. If soeone is asking questions about the rig that I dive. I can see if they are in my area and offer to let them see it in action ;-) If they are in CA, I can tell them to go find Compudude:smiley36:

True :smiley20:

How many dives someone has is always nice when trying to respond to their questions.

That was one of my thoughts as well :knegg:

Plus it helps when you can see how many potential dive buddies you have close by!!

That was my hidden agenda behind my original post :wave2:

fully agree with you matey, fill em in people.

Thanks for all your support so faqr everyone :smiley37:

NitroWill
08-22-2007, 20:02
Thanks Don! :smiley36:

Griff
08-23-2007, 09:07
At the risk of sounding like DandyDon on the SB ............

So I'm not the only one he annoys????

Good point though. It would sure be nice to see some more folks local to me around here.

No Misses
08-23-2007, 09:11
‘45’. I am a Chicago transplant. I lived there in the 80’s. I really miss the mom ‘n’ pop restaurants and sandwich shops that were on every street corner. It wasn’t until I moved away that I realized that most of the rest of the country has been taken over by chain restaurants. I miss the “1 of a kind” places. Of course things my have changed in Chicago in the last 20 years. If they have, don’t tell me. I will keep the memory alive. :smiley14:

WV Diver
08-23-2007, 09:27
I agree and would suggest to Larry if he reads this thread to make more details available on the profile page. This is just a personal issue with me for some reason, I like to know as much as I can about people. I like the detail on the profile page that SB has, it is the best of the boards for this I think.

ParrotHead
08-23-2007, 11:54
Guilty as charged - Just did it.

Foo2
08-23-2007, 12:46
Ok guys, let's try not to pick on Don. He's a nice guy! And he keeps things interesting over there.

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-23-2007, 12:56
‘45’. I am a Chicago transplant. I lived there in the 80’s. I really miss the mom ‘n’ pop restaurants and sandwich shops that were on every street corner. It wasn’t until I moved away that I realized that most of the rest of the country has been taken over by chain restaurants. I miss the “1 of a kind” places. Of course things my have changed in Chicago in the last 20 years. If they have, don’t tell me. I will keep the memory alive. :smiley14:

Keep the memories. It isn't total replacement yet!... but....and most of the local corner bars are all but gone.:smiley19:

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-23-2007, 12:56
Thanks Don! :smiley36:

You're welcome Walter!:smilie39:

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-23-2007, 12:58
Ok guys, let's try not to pick on Don. He's a nice guy! And he keeps things interesting over there.

Not picking on him; he just needs to find a GOOD pic to use for his avatar and change up his standard post a bit. For the record he is one of the FEW regulars that I actually like!

DivingsInMyBlood
08-23-2007, 23:01

his a sound guy really friendly :smiley20:

thor
08-24-2007, 00:22
It would also be great if we could get everyone's mother's maiden names, and social security numbers, as well. Larry, can you add that to the list.

Buoyant1
08-24-2007, 07:04

Yeah...when some problems are brought to light, knowing their experience level helps with the answer! (see the gas consumption thread)

But the potential local dive buddy thing is a good thing as well!

(DandyDon! he's a trip! Nice guy though)

cummings66
08-24-2007, 10:43
I think all but the number of dives would be nice to know. I do not want to get into a judgement issue over the number of dives. I know divers with 6 dives that are better than those with 100.

I also think it's a bragging number that I won't participate in. If a person who's my buddy wants to know I'll tell them, but otherwise I'm not saying.

I do not want to appear to be better than anyone and this is one way a person can say I'm better than you are. I never want to be in that situation again.

In a nutshell, that's why I won't post my dive numbers, I do not want anybody who doesn't have a need to know to know because they might think that I'm better than they are, I am not. I'll say this time only that my dive count does fall into category I've seen listed here of 100 to 500 dives, only my buddy would ever know the exact number.

What my buddy needs to know from me is this, if I say I think I can do it I can do it. If I say no, then don't try to talk me into it because I can not do it and I know it, I will never say I can do something I can't.

The ultimate question for me is this;

DIRF. Do I really want to test myself? That is more an indicator of skill than any dive number I could post.

ohscubagrrl
09-06-2007, 11:54
Took me a while to figure out where it was. Not that it was hiding or anything :)

divingmedic
09-06-2007, 16:10
Done and Done

fire diver
09-06-2007, 16:24
I've posted my location from the start. I too like to see where people are based from. It really does help understand the reasoning some people have for things. Plus finding new local buddies is always a plus.

For years I have refused to post my number of dives. Same reason as above. But that came from SB. If you had fewer dives than one of the annoying people they would flame your responses for not knowing enough to trully know the answer.

I feel alot more comfortable here. Plus, that 100-500 is a huge range. I'll probably be sitting in this group for a few years at least.

FD

Bigg_Budd
09-06-2007, 16:55
Plus, that 100-500 is a huge range. I'll probably be sitting in this group for a few years at least.

I suspect Larry knew what he was doing when he built the ranges. He doesn't want this to turn into another pissing match like SB.

jo8243
09-18-2007, 13:42
It would also be great if we could get everyone's mother's maiden names, and social security numbers, as well. Larry, can you add that to the list.

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

sudnit5
09-18-2007, 13:49
Profile is done

diverdad
09-19-2007, 21:48
I like to know were people are from as well. Number of dives really does not concern me because most of you have more dive experience that i. So more than likely i can learn something from all of you.

wifeofdzorn00
09-20-2007, 09:40
I'm not a civer yet so I have as much info up as I can get there now. My husbnd is on me to take the course so i soo may be able to put more down.

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 09:47
Plus, that 100-500 is a huge range. I'll probably be sitting in this group for a few years at least.

I suspect Larry knew what he was doing when he built the ranges. He doesn't want this to turn into another pissing match like SB.
You said it! I will probably be in the range I am in now for a few years....who really cares (except for my buddy) how many dives I have ....

No Misses
09-20-2007, 09:50
wifeofdzorn00, are you sure that you're not a "civer"? Is there a hidden cipher in your post? "civer, husbnd, soo" I think that means that there is secret message in the deaddrop, at the corner of Walk and Don't Walk ;-)

Sorry, I had to go there. I also suffer from "dat finher syndron" from time to time :-)

Charles R
09-20-2007, 09:57
You need to get a cowboy hat and take a picture for your avatar if you really want to be DD. He is one of the few that never bash people on the other board but people seem to pick on him an awful Lot some one should bring him over and make him a MOD over here I think he would do a great job!

jpep
09-20-2007, 13:13
Previously done. :smiley20:

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
09-20-2007, 17:14
You need to get a cowboy hat and take a picture for your avatar if you really want to be DD. He is one of the few that never bash people on the other board but people seem to pick on him an awful Lot some one should bring him over and make him a MOD over here I think he would do a great job!

I agree that he is really a nice guy. I was being a little facetious!:smiley36:

dburg30
09-20-2007, 18:25
Mines easy :0 But it's done!

DivingsInMyBlood
09-20-2007, 19:24

His got my vote for a mod :smiley20:

DandyDon
06-12-2010, 15:16
At the risk of sounding like DandyDon on the SB ............

So I'm not the only one he annoys????

Good point though. It would sure be nice to see some more folks local to me around here.
Sometimes I join board where I know that they talk about SB, and see if anyone is talking about me. The Search function here sucks, but oh well...

MagnaBoxer
06-12-2010, 16:06
Hello Don, glad you finally made it. There are some really great people here, and many of them are also on SB. In this whole thread there was one comment that could have been considered as negative toward you. That is the one you chose to comment on? Please, most people here know you from SB and frankly I'm glad to see you here as I'm sure many others are. Hope you hang around and post much more frequently as I see you as a source of much good information and comaraderie. BTW, the search function was good enough to dig up this, nearly 3 year old thread. :smiley2:

Sincerely, Welcome to the board. (the other one)

Gofish
06-15-2010, 00:20
Hello Don,

I also enjoy reading some of your posts on SB. Your one of the few that seems to remain mostly positive in your postings....

navyhmc
06-15-2010, 04:29
What about Don? :smiley36:

Nah, a lot of good, friendly folks here. :smiley20: But! did you fill out your profile completely? :smilie39: