PDA

View Full Version : Hoseless Buddy Check

Travman
03-18-2009, 23:53
I suspect I know the answer to this question. But I was wondering if anyone has been able to setup their buddy check on a hoseless AI computer with a buddy who has a different brand transmitter?

I suspect none of the manufactures allow it, but I thought I'd throw the question out there.

CompuDude
03-19-2009, 00:12
Nope. Different frequencies, different encoding.

Oceanic MAY be able to talk to Aeris, though, since they're the same company (and pretty much the same computers).

But ScubaPro <> Suunto <> Oceanic/Aeris.

MxDiver
03-19-2009, 00:14
Good question, maybe in between two computers which are the same under a diffferent brand like aeris and oceanic
CD beat me to answer while I was typing, the virtual keyboard on the iphone sucks for quick answers

clararhb
03-19-2009, 22:42
Not being rude but why would you want to? If you can't trust your buddy then don't dive with him.

Travman
03-19-2009, 22:55
Me and my buddy are both relatively heavy breathers, so we are limited by air consumption rather than NDL when diving at our most common range of 20-30m. So its good to know how each other are doing on air, as we tend to alternate a bit as to who uses the most air now. Hand signals are fine, but it would be nice to be able to use the buddy check on the computer as we both have them, but we have different brands.