PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow Lake

I Like 2 Dive
03-20-2009, 02:20
Anyone ever dive Dale Hollow? Heard some stories, would like to hear some from actual divers.

Straegen
03-20-2009, 08:39
Never dove it, but awesome lake. I fished it for years. I have caught some enormous lake fish out of there as well including several striper, carp, a few drum and some catfish that would give some sharks a run for their money. Place can get pretty murky on some days, but catch it at the right time and I bet vis is very good.

snagel
03-20-2009, 11:04
Never dove it, but heard stories of an "actual" under water town. I did some research awhile back and heard a lot of stories about the town, but didn't meet anybody who actually dove it. Sounds like another Oasis to me.

Be interested too in hearing anything about the diving as well.

S. Nagel

cummings66
03-20-2009, 19:48
Here's an article on it;
Herald-Citizen Online Edition - Cookeville, TN (http://www.herald-citizen.com/index.cfm?event=news.view&id=DD0F9ADF-19B9-E2E2-6786B4CC5C47B957)

I Like 2 Dive
03-20-2009, 20:28
I heard stories too of the town. I guess there's supposed to be a school house with the desk still in the classroom as well as light bulbs still in the sockets. I too have fished that lake, some days seemed like I could see 60ft below the boat, but never dove it. Maybe someday....

Queen
03-21-2009, 06:46
I did my AOW and Rescue there in '84. We were on a houseboat for a week and saw some great stuff...very cool diving!

I Like 2 Dive
03-21-2009, 18:23
I did my AOW and Rescue there in '84. We were on a houseboat for a week and saw some great stuff...very cool diving!

What did you see?

Queen
03-22-2009, 07:07

What did you see?

Mostly trees, a couple of old trucks, and one small building that looked like it could have been a house or store. Unfortunately I was busy doing all the training dives and didn't get to explore much.

Straegen
03-22-2009, 08:23
Most of the larger lakes in the area were backed up as part of the TN lakes project in the 40s. Cookeville is my home town and pretty much all my family still lives there. It is a great place and they have some stunning lakes including Dale Hollow.

clararhb
03-22-2009, 16:05
I've never dove it but know a couple of people that have. There are a few building and bridges from what I heard. The biggest problem is finding them.

Dale Hollow SCUBA Friends
03-30-2009, 10:29
Hi, My name is Kristi. My husband and I dive Dale Hollow Lake all the time. The diving there is wonderful. The viz is to 30 ft if you know where to go!
The fish are very interactive> There are grave sites, building foundations and bridge spans to dive on.
We are at Sunset Marina and we absolutely love diving Dale Hollow!!