PDA

View Full Version : Strap for computer

scubastud
03-20-2009, 09:37
Happy with my lil Mares Nemo.. except for the wrist strap... would like a little more heavy duty, and just a little too short when i wear over a wetsuit..
Any suggestions? (Don't want to console, I prefer on wrist)

The Great Kazoo
03-20-2009, 12:59
I put bungees on my Galileo Sol. I just drilled the pin holes out a little and it works perfect. No more buckles...

thor
03-20-2009, 13:53
I've also seen people use a piece of PVC pipe cut in half and using bungee to attach computer. I'm about to add bungees to my Aeris computer. Luckily DSS makes a boot for it. I've also seen people cut the strap and put bungee right on the strap pins.

CompuDude
03-20-2009, 14:21
I put bungees on my Galileo Sol. I just drilled the pin holes out a little and it works perfect. No more buckles...

Interesting, got pics? I've considered converting my Sol to bungees. I wish there was a DSS mount for it, like all my other gauges! Although I haven't been that annoyed by the strap so far. Still, I'd be curious to see what you came up with.

scubastud
03-20-2009, 16:20
Yes please I would love to see a picture too!

buddhasummer
03-22-2009, 21:25
You could try a "waterbourne" strap I fitted one to my Suunto, they have the option of lengthening when used with a wetsuite or drysuite.

The Great Kazoo
03-22-2009, 22:03
Here are my pics. It doesn't move at depth...

CompuDude
03-22-2009, 22:52
Here are my pics. It doesn't move at depth...

Oh, gotcha. Clever! Looks sturdy, and nicely redundant.

I've been reluctant to make any permanent changes like that but it's worth considering. I don't think that mod would work on computers that are less absurdly oversized than the Sol, though. :smiley36:

The mods I've seen involve punching a pair of small holes in the strap itself (which is cut to short stubs), and threading the bungee through that. Destroys the strap, of course, but that's replaceable and the rest of the computer is unaffected. I've considered adapting that technique to my computer, but only punching one side of the strap and looping the bungee through the slot for the other side.

This thread (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dir/173532-bungee-mount-uwatec-smart-tec-2.html) (starting post #20) shows another mod that could probably be adapted to the Galileo computers as well.

The Great Kazoo
03-23-2009, 07:47
I also did my UWATEC Bottom Timer. It works Great!

fanatique
03-30-2009, 14:12
Consider a zulu/nato/bond type strap. These last forever, and can easily be taken off the computer and thrown in the washing machine.

obrules15
03-31-2009, 02:00
Happy with my lil Mares Nemo.. except for the wrist strap... would like a little more heavy duty, and just a little too short when i wear over a wetsuit..
Any suggestions? (Don't want to console, I prefer on wrist)
My Nemo came with an accessory strap that gives 3 extra inches. It might still be in the box.