PDA

View Full Version : Introduction- Missouri diver

Fireman6458
03-20-2009, 09:44
Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I met DW on scubaboard and he invited me over to this group. I have to say there are some really interesting posts and can't wait to meet some of you and go diving. I live in Northeast Missouri (Moscow Mills if you have ever heard of it!) about 50 miles from St. Louis. I am a career fireman and am fairly new to diving, but can't wait to get some more dives under my belt. I am into the cold water as it is what I grew up swimming in and what I got certified in. Probably won't get to do a Tropical dive for a few years to come, so I think I will fit in at DDCN ! I will be in Branson from June 14-20th and plan to get in a few dives while I am there at Tablerock. If anyone is going to be down around that time let me know and we can meet up. I will be going solo as the family will be with me on vacation, but they will be at my daughters National Championships for dance. I would like to start out with some easy dives as it has been awhile since I have been wet. Just want to put that out there as I don't want you to come down expecting a 130' dive. I am still building my confidence and that will come with experience. I invested in quality equipment and that will definitely help. So if you do not mind helping a guy out, I would love to start diving with some of you. I also go to New Melle ( Dive-Stop) and Mermet Springs on occasion and am looking at going to Pennroyal in Kentucky in May. Alright I'll stop rambling now and read some more posts! See ya underwater soon.:smiley20:
Chris

Dark Wolf
03-20-2009, 19:43
6458, glad that you decided to come check things out. There are some very good divers from up around your area. Of course, you can always head down this way any time. We have a pretty active group in SW Mo.

Again, welcome to the board and look forward to meeting and diving with you.

DW

navyhmc
03-20-2009, 19:51
Welcome to the group.