PDA

View Full Version : Which type of Guy were you or are you at a Bar?

emt
03-20-2009, 23:31
The Four Types Of Men You Meet At A Bar - Love + Sex on Shine (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/the-four-types-of-men-you-meet-at-a-bar-415742/;_ylt=AjLwj8uUZrR.7uDmRdvImxgIb6U5)

1. Kamikaze Guy - He lives by the One-In-Ten Rule: if I hit on ten women, odds are at least one of them is on the rebound, depressed about her best friend's surprise engagement or simply looking to make a mistake. I'm too scared of rejection to be this guy, but I respect his tenacity.
2.Sneaky Guy - He's hitting on you but doesn't want you to know it. Instead of asking for your name or inviting you to dance, he'll complain about how long the bartender is taking and hope you'll take the bait. I pull this move on occasion, but usually if I'm interested I'll just introduce myself
3. Passive Guy - He's either shy or confident that he's so damn sexy you'll hit on him. Sometimes this guy is me - on account of shyness, not self-confidence - but after a few drinks I become more assertive
4. Scavenger Guy - He opens up shop right around closing time, preying on girls who have had a little (or a lot) too much to drink.

The artice implies #4 is the scum; but, even the ocean needs some sharks to clean up & it's hard to tell who's playing possum and deceiving whom.

Splitlip
03-21-2009, 00:01
Great post emt.

I however, will not admit to 1,2,3 or 4.LOL

Straegen
03-21-2009, 00:58
I'll fess up... 1 until 4 time rolled around.

Tully Mars
03-21-2009, 11:58
Bar scene really isn't my thing, unless of course I'm drinking.

If I am drinking I'm likely already with a friend.

Kind of leaves me out of all 4 cats.

Black-Gorrilla
03-21-2009, 16:08
women go to bars? all i see there is booze and friends... never seen a woman at a bar

emt
03-21-2009, 21:10
In a Bar/Night Club (about 30yrs ago) I played many of these characters. Probably starting with #3 as the shy guy in the earlier yrs. Then moving on to #1 Kamikaze Guy. I even played the #4 scavenger guy a time or two but I was totally unsuccessful so I quit #4 quickly. I was not a #2 Sneaky Guy so maybe that was why I was unsuccessful as #4 scavenger guy.
Just like playing baseball if you don't take a few swings you'll never hit the ball at the plate and I think #1 was most successful for me once I got up the nerve to take a few swings.

navyhmc
03-22-2009, 06:01
To be brutally honest, I never was one for the bar scene. So I guess I will say none of the above.

Fireman6458
03-22-2009, 09:23
I was #1 for a long time with some success. I tried #3 on my bartender and we have been married for 8 years now! Worked for me, cheaper beer prices and a hot chic to boot.:smiley20:

emt
03-22-2009, 11:14
No #2 Sneaky Guys? A good friend of mine used to tell me how he would lie to the girls all the time. He said he told almost every girl he was with that he "loved" them, etc. etc. He also said no means yes when coming from a girl (I didn't believe it nor try it) .
I always expected him to end up in jail with his theories; But, as far as I know, jail never happened for him.
He was a good friend and the type of guy willing to do almost anything. But, he was not the type of guy I would want any of my girls to go out with.

highdesert
03-22-2009, 13:30
I knew a guy years ago .... no, it really is not me, wish I'da thought of it though ... who would tell all the women he met in a bar that he was celibate. No, not gay, just not into sex. Well, amazing the number of women who took that on as a challenge, to "cure" this poor guy. Man, did he get "lucky", and often!

Straegen
03-22-2009, 17:45
The "celibate" guy sounds like a guy talking to me. I would be really surprised if a woman fell for that unless she wanted to go home with him anyway in which case he could have told her he was an idiot and only she could cure it with equal success.

Been a few years, but walk up chit chat for a minute or two watch the body language and the hair flipping. If she is into you, you will know it pretty quick. If she is, buy her a drink and close the deal. If not, move on to the next lovely lady. If she is into you, you can near read the phone book and come away with a legit number or better.

To add to the list there is a #5 category which is the good looking guy... he doesn't have to do anything but walk up and she will buy him a drink. Doesn't need a wingman, doesn't need any "game", he just picks the one he wants and done deal. I unfortunately do not have that superpower, but know a couple guys that do. Their "luck" with women never ceases to amaze me.

Oh and #4 works very well. Sometimes people don't want to feel alone and a bar at last close is a lonely place to be. That is true for a man or a woman.

scubastud
03-23-2009, 09:53
I was the bartender guy.. I guess number 6... worked at a nightclub, and more times then not, there was a girl waiting for me to get off work...
I was studly like that. heh (oh that was many many many moons ago)

mocepts
03-23-2009, 10:07
I was "Religious Guy"? You know, the one that was just always praying to get lucky.. :smiley36:

MSilvia
03-23-2009, 10:19
women go to bars? all i see there is booze and friends... never seen a woman at a bar
I met my wife at a bar. I had already been stood up that night, and was there for the drinks and live music. I guess, since I wasn't trying to pick anyone up, I used #3.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
03-23-2009, 12:01
I met my wife at a bar. I had already been stood up that night, and was there for the drinks and live music. I guess, since I wasn't trying to pick anyone up, I used #3.

Agree - there are women at some bars. :smiley36:

IME not looking has been the best way to find.

emt
03-23-2009, 12:35
Straegen, I've noted one of my girls doing this around guys: " Been a few years, but walk up chit chat for a minute or two watch the body language and the hair flipping. If she is into you, you will know it pretty quick."

Yea, In your 50's it just sort of becomes funny when you see your kids doing the hair flipping, etc. I'm glad I waited till I was older to have kids as I don't think I would have thought it was funny if I was still in my 30's seeing my girls doing the body language etc.,etc. with the guys. Now I'm just glad to see the kid's being "normal".