PDA

View Full Version : under wetsuit wear for very busty women

scubagirlj
03-25-2009, 09:05
any ideas for what to wear under wetsuit when you have DDD bust? all bathing suits have underwires, not comfortable under WS & BC-tried sportsbra, had stuff spilling out all over-tried shelf bra sport camisole, got LOTS of help from boat crew, if you know what i mean-tempted to go commando, so to speak-HELP!!

unclepooty
03-25-2009, 10:54
You just thought you got a lot of help from the boat crew before. Try that commando idea:smiley32:

bottomdweller
03-25-2009, 11:09
If you decide to try the commando idea, Send me a PM I would love to dive with you!!!

robjoubert
03-25-2009, 11:18
Have you considered going commando under a lycra skin suit or rashguard? You would at least be protected from all us "hounds" :smiley30:

Foo2
03-25-2009, 11:39
ok boys...back to the cave. this is a legit question.

Lulubelle
03-25-2009, 11:49
Yes, the extra "help" on the dive boats is always interesting.

Personally, I have found an underwire bathing suit that is comfortable enough to wear under my wetsuit, I don't think about it. So maybe trying some more suits to get a better fit is the answer.

If you are still in your bikini years, there are companies online that can make bra sized bikini tops that will fit as well as your regular bra.

Consider just wearing a regular bra under a skin.

Regardless of what you wear underneath, the skin will make life a bit easier for you.

Go "commando" at your own risk, remember, you may get more "help" that you want to have. And don't let Navyhmc see you, he likes the girls to be well secured.:smiley36:

unclepooty
03-25-2009, 12:51
Sorry, I was only concerned for her safety:smiley2:

mocepts
03-25-2009, 13:21
:ttiuwop:

Lulubelle
03-25-2009, 13:27

Dudes, calm down and go back to your cave. This is a legitimate challenge for some women and the OP posted a legitimate question asking for suggestions from other females. She would have posted her question in Man Laws if she was looking for your help.

They are breasts, every girl has a pair. Go surf the internet if you want to look at some and be done with it. Otherwise, leave us alone and let us share our secrets in peace.

Plus, some of you fellows probably have bigger breasts than we do anyway....:smiley36:

scubagirlj
03-25-2009, 13:42
this was a ? for us girls-don't see any guys asking what to do with their XL junk, do you?-think i will try my "sassybax" cami, it fits like a skin-diving tropical and don't need to be too warm

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
03-25-2009, 13:43
Hey, here's a serious answer from a guy.

I don't know much about this issue but I will note that it's possible to remove underwires. My wife doesn't like them so she often removes them from her bras.

din
03-25-2009, 13:52

I don't know much about this issue but I will note that it's possible to remove underwires. My wife doesn't like them so she often removes them from her bras.

do you just pull the wire out with some needlenose pliers?

mocepts
03-25-2009, 14:07

Dudes, calm down and go back to your cave. This is a legitimate challenge for some women and the OP posted a legitimate question asking for suggestions from other females. She would have posted her question in Man Laws if she was looking for your help.

They are breasts, every girl has a pair. Go surf the internet if you want to look at some and be done with it. Otherwise, leave us alone and let us share our secrets in peace.

Plus, some of you fellows probably have bigger breasts than we do anyway....:smiley36:

Sheesh, must have hit a nerve or something. And BTW, just looking at the 1st page of your posts, there are 15 posts in the Man Laws forums.

I still love ya though Lulubelle. Especially since your a Tarheels fan. Go Heels!

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
03-25-2009, 14:07

do you just pull the wire out with some needlenose pliers?

Truthfully I don't know. I'd have to ask my wife how she does it. Of course she's going to ask me why I want to know :smiley2:

Lulubelle
03-25-2009, 14:21
Sheesh, must have hit a nerve or something. And BTW, just looking at the 1st page of your posts, there are 15 posts in the Man Laws forums.

I still love ya though Lulubelle. Especially since your a Tarheels fan. Go Heels!

Mo,without a doubt, the Man Laws Forum provides the best entertainment on the forum. Such pathology to toy with!:smiley29:

And yes, you did hit a nerve of sorts. We all come with what we were given, not what we might choose (I'd choose a good old B). To have most of an entire gender make the assumptions/jokes they make based on just one of those features...gets really, really old after a while. But, if you are pulling for my Heels this tourney time, all is forgiven.

Truthfully I don't know. I'd have to ask my wife how she does it. Of course she's going to ask me why I want to know :smiley2:

I've never removed one but occasionally they will work themselves out. Poke a small hole in one end of the fabric covering the underwire on the side against the skin and it can be worked right out.

dallasdivergirl
03-25-2009, 15:20
Have you considered a sport top? I have some nike ones that would probably work like a tankini.

Check out title 9 sports (http://www.titlenine.com/) I get their catalogs and they have some serious sports bras, I just looked and they have up to DD swimsuits.

MxDiver
03-25-2009, 15:44
My sister is also well endowed, her solution is to wear a sports bra with a lycra shirt over, this helps her get in and out of the wetsuit and keeps everything in place. I┤ll head back to the cave now

julz
03-25-2009, 18:29
i'm a DDD as well i just wear a sports type swim suit with a high neckline keeps everything supported and is comfortable

scubagirlj
03-25-2009, 18:37
where did you get it?

julz
03-26-2009, 17:24
i don't remeber i've had it for a while but i think rebox makes some good ones and speedo you might try figleaves.com - Bras, Panties, Swimsuits, and Full Figure Lingerie (http://www.figleaves.com) they make have a lot of stuff for bustier women

robjoubert
03-27-2009, 11:10
i don't remember I've had it for a while but i think rebox makes some good ones and Speedo

Speedo - Speedo - Women: Shop By Sport: Swimming (http://www.speedousa.com/family/index.jsp?cp=3124324.3128419&categoryId=3131432)

Tyr - Women : TYR Sport Online Store (http://www.tyr.com/shop/women-c-30.html)

Nike - NikeStore. Shop the Official Nike Store for Shoes, Clothing & Gear (http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=USLP&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/hf-10001+4294967024/t-Women's_Swimming)

(I used to work in this clothing area - just note that the competition swimsuits are made to be tight fitting so be careful of the sizing if you order online)

fanatique
03-27-2009, 11:31

Low blow! Man tits are a sensitive (ha!) issue.

But a rash guard is a good idea, all the benefits of going commando while still maintaining some propriety.

scubagirlj
03-27-2009, 13:05
tried the speedo store- to get bust to come even close to fitting the torso was for a 7' woman! am going to go with the uni-boob sports bra with rash guard this weekend, a very unattractive look to say the least, but my husband won't be able to accuse my of overexposure, would really be more comfortable without the sports bra but might attract too much attention during SI since my rashguard is white!

Straegen
03-27-2009, 15:36
My wife likes the UA compression shirts or a sports bra with no underwire. Sometimes she just wears a standard tight fitting bathing suit with no underwire, but I believe she prefers the compression shirt.

scubarobin
04-14-2009, 09:06
any ideas for what to wear under wetsuit when you have DDD bust? all bathing suits have underwires, not comfortable under WS & BC-tried sportsbra, had stuff spilling out all over-tried shelf bra sport camisole, got LOTS of help from boat crew, if you know what i mean-tempted to go commando, so to speak-HELP!!

I have several sports bras (Champion brand, with underwire), I get them in either black or another color other than white. I wear them under my swimsuit and they look cool even when they show as they look stylish.... well, at least to me! Plus I don't have the boob overflow problem or fall out when I bend over. :smiley20:

Lulubelle
04-14-2009, 09:26
i don't remember I've had it for a while but i think rebox makes some good ones and Speedo

Speedo - Speedo - Women: Shop By Sport: Swimming (http://www.speedousa.com/family/index.jsp?cp=3124324.3128419&categoryId=3131432)

Tyr - Women : TYR Sport Online Store (http://www.tyr.com/shop/women-c-30.html)

Nike - NikeStore. Shop the Official Nike Store for Shoes, Clothing & Gear (http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=USLP&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/hf-10001+4294967024/t-Women's_Swimming)

(I used to work in this clothing area - just note that the competition swimsuits are made to be tight fitting so be careful of the sizing if you order online)

The problem with these makers is that they do not have a range of bra cup sizes. You can't just get a bigger suit to fit your bust because then the rest of it is too big. The biggest cup size any suit maker makes in a one piece that I am aware of is a DD. And those are not sport suits.

For those who can wear a bikini, the options are limitless online as there are swimsuit makers who make bra sized bikini tops in every size.

I have several sports bras (Champion brand, with underwire), I get them in either black or another color other than white. I wear them under my swimsuit and they look cool even when they show as they look stylish.... well, at least to me! Plus I don't have the boob overflow problem or fall out when I bend over. :smiley20:

This is a good idea, but the sports bra makers also do not make a full range of sizes for bustier women. I have to wear regular bras for working out as I can't find my size in a sports bra. There are a few that make a good range of sizes but the proportion between the band size and cup size is fixed which for me is a problem as I have a narrow band size. Ennell will make custom size sports bras which I may resort to. They are some kind of ugly, look more like a vest, but you can bounce all you want and they will stay put.

Maybe I'll try a regular bra that is wearing out a bit under a rashguard with a bikini bottom.

Martin2
04-14-2009, 09:26
Champion makes some really great sports bras both with and without an underwire. They've been a lifesaver when I'm at the aquarium and in and out of wetsuits all day long.

Surprisingly enough, Kohl's seems to have the best selection (at least in this area).

scubarobin
04-14-2009, 10:47
[quote=Lulubelle;290309This is a good idea, but the sports bra makers also do not make a full range of sizes for bustier women. I have to wear regular bras for working out as I can't find my size in a sports bra. There are a few that make a good range of sizes but the proportion between the band size and cup size is fixed which for me is a problem as I have a narrow band size. Ennell will make custom size sports bras which I may resort to. They are some kind of ugly, look more like a vest, but you can bounce all you want and they will stay put.

Maybe I'll try a regular bra that is wearing out a bit under a rashguard with a bikini bottom.[/quote]

Not so:
Champion® Powersleek® Sports Bra (http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_PlusSize-Champion/CH1691.aspx)

Lulubelle
04-14-2009, 12:02
Not so...
Champion® Powersleek® Sports Bra (http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_PlusSize-Champion/CH1691.aspx)

Scubarobin, i was so excited to think that perhaps my search was over, so i clicked on the link. While they certainly make a range of sizes suitable for most, they don't come anywhere close to making one that would fit me, so I will still stick to my assertion that the sports bra makers don't have all of us athletic girls covered yet.

Any one else have any sources, I've been all over the net, to ever athletic store in the world, etc.

Swimsuits are certainly more limited even than sportsbras

L

scubagirlj
04-14-2009, 14:56
Got that right Lulubelle! Not all of us look like 12 year old boys! High end stores like Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus have larger selection of larger cup size bras and I have been able to find some without underwires that resemble bikini tops that will do under a rashguard, support and modesty-someone could sure make a killing if they looked at the market for a good sports bra for us "well-endowed" women

Lulubelle
04-14-2009, 21:22
Got that right Lulubelle! Not all of us look like 12 year old boys! High end stores like Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus have larger selection of larger cup size bras and I have been able to find some without underwires that resemble bikini tops that will do under a rashguard, support and modesty-someone could sure make a killing if they looked at the market for a good sports bra for us "well-endowed" women

I AGREE, there is a big (pun intended) market for us. Both for sports bras AND swimsuits. I'd pay a fortune for either if they fit. I may get to if I go custom with the Ennell ones. They are hideous, but who cares.

Do share what brands you have found for non underwire bras in bigger cup sizes. I don't mind a wire but agree that one without would probably feel better in the water. And that plus a rashguard sounds like a good idea. Do you just wear a bikini bottom or shorts on the bottom? Or just go commando?

Nordie's can't help me in bras for the most part, mostly because my torso/band size is pretty narrow and my cup size...not. I'd have an easier time if I had a bigger band size.

Honestly, I think there is a missing link in sportswear period. Let's go into business! Oh, crap, I can't, can't get affordable health insurance without being under a larger employer plan.

scubagirlj
04-14-2009, 21:43
don't laugh too hard but have you tried Frederick's(of Hollywood)? not all trashy undies but might do for hard-to-fit types, Bali, Wachol and Playtex make larger cup sizes w/o wire but you wouldn't want general public to see you in one, kind of hideous to look at-there is a site called exelnt.com that does custom bathing suits, both one and two piece-I just go commando on the bottom and keep my w/s folded to waist during s/i, not exactly a fashion statement but once that sucker comes off it's not going back on until its dry(can't fit into InstDry suits,damn!)-last trip I kept a pair of nylon shorts in my dive bag and did the "beach towel around the waist" change after last dive of the day and no one was the wiser, until now!

julz
04-16-2009, 21:59
Bali bras are nice fairly comfortable and not as ugly as some other brands.

Foo2
04-17-2009, 14:48
Have I got a treat for y'all!!! I was browsing and found this site. They have things all the way to a 50L breast size....that's right "L"! They have swimsuits, bras, and even nightgowns. See what you think.
Bras Shopping for Small to Plus Size Bras, Swimwear Including Bra Sized Swimsuits, and Lingerie (http://www.biggerbras.com/)

Here are some of their bathing suits some with cup sizes of 40G
One Piece Tank Top Swimsuits (http://www.biggerbras.com/catalog5-types/swimwear-one-piece-tank.shtml)

If you would like a swimsuit with an underwire in a one piece...
One Piece Underwire Swimsuits (http://www.biggerbras.com/catalog5-types/swimwear-one-piece-underwire.shtml)

Cotton no wire bra - biggest size 48DDD and in tons of colors
Cotton no wire bra at Lane Bryant - Visit lanebryant.com for women's plus-size clothing and lingerie in sizes 14-32 (http://www.lanebryant.com/pagebuilder/lane_bryant_product_page?pagesize=3&my_nav=cacique_intimates&cat=bras&subcat=no%20wire&item=5358239&s19c=1)

Sports bra - biggest size 46DDD
http://www.lanebryant.com/pagebuilder/lane_bryant_product_page?pagesize=4&my_nav=cacique_intimates&cat=bras&subcat=sports%20bra&item=1423078&s19b=Active%20|%20Sports%20Bras&s19c=1

Foo2
04-17-2009, 14:55
I found more sports bras up to a 48H:

Plus Size Lingerie | Bras | Sports Bras | Soft Cup Sports Bra | Hips & Curves (http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/bras/sports-bras/G2066/plus-size/soft-cup-sports-bra)

Foo2
04-17-2009, 14:57
One more site :
Plus Size Apparel from JMS !! (http://www.jms.com/)

scubagirlj
04-17-2009, 16:00
glad i'm not the only one who has time to surf the net-thanx for the site suggestions!

Lulubelle
04-17-2009, 18:20
For your research time! I'll have to carefully plunder through these. The first one I checked, one of the sports bra ones, doesn't make a small enough band size to fit me in the cup size I need. That always seems to be the challenge. I need a bigger ribcage. Or a surgeon.

Raparee
05-27-2009, 18:05
Those seem like some great links. I finally gave up on Victoria's Secret for swimwear (even though I love their BioFit). I went over to UK sizing and tried a tankini top from curvylicious (http://www.curvylicious.co.uk/index.php). I know, sounds suspiciously trashy, but it isn't. I got a great tankini top (36DD US is a 36E UK with a lil give/take) and there are plenty of conversion tables. I have trouble with general measurements as if you put me in a standard table, I'd wear a 40 and that would fall down to my hips! They're good about working with you to find things that fit, too. And hey, even with conversion rates (google xe converter for those) and shipping, you get a helluva deal! Most of the larger swimwear I've seen costs upwards of $100 and more! This site has much better deals. I didn't get an underwire tankini top this time around, but it has individual cups with good cup and side support. I'm not squooshed and have a nice shape, plus some support.

Other than that, I find a good sports bra under a dive skin works wonders, but I know they're harder to find. Try looking at bras designed for horseback riding, as they're sturdier (due to the bounce involved). I had some of those bookmarked at one time, since I ride, and will see if I can find them again to see if those might help.

scubagirlj
05-27-2009, 19:24
i galloped racehorses for 20 years and there was no bra that gave good support, thank god they started to require safety vests!-did find a 1 piece from Speedo that has lined cups(called Ultraback)in plus size with short torso-works like a dream, though i wouldn't want to pull a "Bo Derek"(running down the beach for those of you that don't remember)-had to go to Speedo website then call customer service but was worth the end result!!

Cheddarchick
05-27-2009, 19:30
The only problem with sports bras is they take forever to dry out....so we always look like we are......leaky.....I have found if you find a bra you like buy 10 of them and hide them away. It seems like they go out of style quickly. I loved the Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria front hook full coverage...can't get it anymore in the cotton non padded style.....sigh...man I loved that bra. No slipping straps, no bulges out the top, could wear it under tank tops and not have the straps hang out....sigh...

21isfun
05-29-2009, 01:35
I like to wear a Nike Dri-Fit or other quick dry type fabric sportsbra under a rashguard. This is for several reasons 1) quickdry bra and rashguard dry out quickly and keep me from sunburning on the boat 2) bra eliminates annoying feel of swimsuit hooks, knotted strings, and/or shifting of the swimsuit 3) rashguard still covers anything that may have still shifted 4) I like rashguard under my wetsuit (even a shorty). I am not a DDD, but I am a disproportionate 32D with a short torso so I feel your pain.

caburrid
07-25-2009, 08:57
This has become an issue for me since I had my kids. I am very top heavy now and am trying to find a comfortable bra or alternative to wear with my wetsuit. It is a pain, and I can tell you especially with sensitive breasts after giving birth, it can be a real challenge for me. I really do appreciate the suggestions here and will try to find one that will work for me.