PDA

View Full Version : Man Stores vs. Girly Stores

james.earnhardt
08-22-2007, 22:53
How many of you had nothing to do on a weekend or simply around the house and need or feel the urge to go to a Man store. Talking about Lowe's, Home Depot, Bass Pro Shops. Problem though, the wife finds out that you want to have some man time alone to look at power tools and she ends up going with you. Well 10 minutes of boredom on her part turns into well you got to go to your store now it's my turn. Yeah that turns into Pier 1, Bath and Baody Works, Women's Clothing stores and so on. Next thing you know your whole man day went from "man that's a cranking stero who cares if its $3,000" to "does this outfit make my but look big" or "here smell this, new blueberry cuccumber lavender blend limited edition body lotion"? Didn't buy the stereo but we did buy the $39.99 bottle of lotion.

dmdoss
08-22-2007, 23:46
I hate it when they have to smell every freaking scent there is.

GONEHAWKN
08-23-2007, 05:15
what i like is when they spend 2 hours shopping in one store and after having touched everything 3 times, THEY FRIGGIN BUY NOTHING!!!

GONEHAWKN
08-23-2007, 05:16
God I Love The Man Forum!!!!!!

Jaymeany
08-23-2007, 06:45
It the hovering that kills me at the man store. When I'm at the woman store I look around and make mental notes of what to make fun of latter. WHen we go to one of my stores she hovers and I can just see her thinking "is he really thinking of buying that? I mean I NEED those heels in a different shade of red because I have that one shirt that matches that one pair of pants and neither matches anything else and I don't have shoes that..." Bang :anim_pistol:

deepdiver47
08-23-2007, 07:10
Men are mission shoppers, we set off on a mission to get what we want and then get out of there. An example of this is Xmas
shopping. That is IF we go to the store at all as we tend to shop on the internet.

Women are magnet shoppers. They are attracted to everything so they are constantly touching, smelling, eye balling and cringing about different items that they think we care about but really we don't.

Krakenn
08-23-2007, 07:14
For me the worst bit is when you have to walk through the lacey Bras and knickers section of the Store I mean sheez honey!

Kraks

deepdiver47
08-23-2007, 07:21
krak, grow a pair and say "no" then sit on a bench outside!

Krakenn
08-23-2007, 07:38
But if I dont I dont get to play with Miss Snugglepot!

Sigh

Kraks

mike_s
08-23-2007, 08:40
Ok... So I got a "gift card" once to BROOKSTONE. I do not consider BROOKSTONE to be a "man store".

In fact it's a pretty useless store in my opinion.

The funny thing is that they sell tools. The tools are nothing special and they sell them because they come in a plastic case and they know that women will buy them either for themselves or as a gift for others.

The funny thing is that while I was in there trying to figure out what to spend my gift card on, some guy was looking at the tools.

One of his buddies comes over and tells him "Put those tools down. Those are sissy tools". I nearly laughed my ass off right there.

oh... what did I get? I got a "breathalizer" that would read your blood alcohol content. Of course being a MAN, I had to test it. Piece of crap read all over the map. It even blew .06 for someone who wasn't drinking. I took it back and got my money back.

Jaymeany
08-23-2007, 08:45
Go to the store, talk with a slur and tell them "I just drove 30min here to return this. I pounded a 6 pack just before I left and look;" Blow into item, try it the wrong way first then laugh and turn it the right way. No matter what the reading is say." see its broke I'm way higher then that!" I would love to hear that response. :smiley2:

obviously i don't condone dui but i think it would be funny and edgy

greyzen
08-23-2007, 08:55
Dude you guys are all doing it wrong.

I married a Physical Chemist... she BEGS me to let her go to Home Depot/Lowe's/etc. and actually registered for a new power drill when we got married.

One of the funniest fights we've never had was who got to hold the electric screw-driver when putting the kitchen table together. I finally opted to just play on the computer and let her have at :)

Sometimes when I do have to go through the womens section, I just have fun with it and get all creepy with the bra's... flirt with the displays "How you doing? :wink:" stuff like that :D

94GTStang
08-23-2007, 11:30
My fiance doesn't mind going to Lowe's/Home Depot. She actually enjoys going there.

mike_s
08-23-2007, 12:05
Dude you guys are all doing it wrong.

I married a Physical Chemist... she BEGS me to let her go to Home Depot/Lowe's/etc. and actually registered for a new power drill when we got married.

One of the funniest fights we've never had was who got to hold the electric screw-driver when putting the kitchen table together. I finally opted to just play on the computer and let her have at :)

Sometimes when I do have to go through the womens section, I just have fun with it and get all creepy with the bra's... flirt with the displays "How you doing? :wink:" stuff like that :D

Beer? hell I tested it with Jack Daniels!!! :smilie39:

Vercingetorix
08-23-2007, 13:30
When I don't want the wife to go with me, I tell her I'm going to ScubaToys. She's been there once (bought my Christmas gifts there, including Atmos Regulator). I may go there for a specific item, but I'll look about to see what's on sale or any other gadgets I can't live without. She hates for me to go there, because I might come back with a new wetsuit, tank, training class registration, etc.

When she complains, I look her in the eye and say, "Darling, it's for my safety. You don't want me to die 60 feet down, do you? Ya can't have a funeral, because they won't find my body. Is that REALLY what you want?" She gives me The Look and walks off. And, I'm gone...

Fry's and Home Depot are just west on I-635 from ScubaToys, so, I gots ta stop there, too.

torrey
08-23-2007, 14:32
My fiance doesn't mind going to Lowe's/Home Depot. She actually enjoys going there.

My wife too...because she still has dreams of new lighting, new ceiling fans, new bathroom fixtures, new roman shades, new paint on the walls, new plants, etc...

BSea
08-23-2007, 14:32
what i like is when they spend 2 hours shopping in one store and after having touched everything 3 times, THEY FRIGGIN BUY NOTHING!!!
I was told by a women that the 3 hours looking is called "Shopping". The 20 minutes a man spends in the mall is called "Buying".

I said they were both "Torture". It just depends on how much you want to endure.

mm_dm
08-23-2007, 14:51
Most guys I know would rather be drawn and quartered rather than be drug in to a store for 2 or 3 hours with no concrete goal. It is a state worse than death. You don't realize until you got sucked into it that Hell came equipped with fluorescent lights and full length mirrors.

tedtim
08-23-2007, 17:04
what i like is when they spend 2 hours shopping in one store and after having touched everything 3 times, THEY FRIGGIN BUY NOTHING!!!Simple solution - head for the TGI Friday's or other restaurant. They alway have a bar with a big screen TV or ten. Sit back, relax, have a cool beverage of you choice, some nachos, and wait.

greyzen
08-23-2007, 17:57
tedtim - good suggestion.

I also recommend becoming an irresponsible shopper for your gadgets. She keeps you in the store for an hour, you wander off and go spend lots of money on something stupid. Or, get 'excited' about the shopping trip and make her miserable.

"Oh oh honey, what about those shoes?"
"Oh babe.. try on this night gown..."
"While you try those on, I'm going to go get you some stuff" *grab random stuff that is 'too small' and hand them to her over the wall*

Krakenn
08-24-2007, 05:06
Hey Greyzen - Did you ever ask/wonder what she is really doing with all those power tools?

Kraks

ReefHound
08-24-2007, 07:10

Are you actually married? Most married men I know would be delighted if their wife would go shopping and would BUY NOTHING.

Vercingetorix
08-24-2007, 10:38

Are you actually married? Most married men I know would be delighted if their wife would go shopping and would BUY NOTHING.I beleve GoneHawkn is referring to dragging him along for two hours and buying nothing. Now, if the wife wants to go by herself for two hours and buy nothing...Right On!!!

scuba Widow
08-24-2007, 11:21
finflipppers has it great. I don't like to shop and if I did I wouldn't go with him...he gets grumpy when he has to spend money unless it is for scuba equipment.

NucMed Man
08-24-2007, 12:42
My wife has no problem letting me go to "Man Stores" and never wants me to come with her during Women's shopping junkets. Unfortunatly, if I buy anything I usually have to spend a hour defending the purchase. That is unless it was to repair a Honey-Do, then I only have to spend a 1/2 hour explaining.

DivingsInMyBlood
08-26-2007, 08:00
Yesterday i had no idea I had sinned so much in my entire life, what did i do to deserve this horror that was put upon me?

It all started early yesterday afternoon with a visit to our local walmart store (heck if ever there were such a place on earth) I swear we were in there for and hour and a half (i wanted to die to end this pain) isle by isle we went down (I wanted to scream how slow everbody was and how nearly all the isle were blocked by women leaving their carts there whilst they looked around). Now I know some new divers can feel too smoothered when their wearing that wetsuit for the first time and they feel like they just have to get out but this was way worse than any other shopping trip I have ever been on. Perhaps its me aging more (25) but I'm not sure. My dad has it right he always goes to the pub then meets up later.

How do you guys combat these trying times? I swear I was walking around with my fists cleanched all the time yesterday.

On the other hand when its shopping for me I'm in and out of there like the SAS (bing, bang, done).

Jaymeany
08-26-2007, 08:04
Punch a mannequin. You don't hurt anyone but you are asked to leave. :smiley20:

Krakenn
08-26-2007, 08:22
Hey bro you will spend the first 10 yrs trying to fight for your soul after that time you WILL be assimilated :borgsmile:

You will then remember the joke why does a woman smile when she walks down the aisle on her marriage day. :banned:

Just remember bro, we the down trodden are all behind you, your not on your own sonny - fight for your life man!

Smiles

Kraks

Vercingetorix
08-26-2007, 08:45
You will then remember the joke why does a woman smile when she walks down the aisle on her marriage day. I think we should note that Krakenn is not married. Someday, his day will come.:smiley36: He's so young...so naive...so innocent.

She's smilin' because now the ring on her finger matches the ring through his nose.

Krakenn
08-26-2007, 08:50
Aint it the truth pops

Kraks

Vercingetorix
08-26-2007, 09:04
Aint it the truth pops

KraksPops? Pops? Listen here, ya young whippersnapper. As soon as I get my walker, I'm coming after you to lay a beat-down with my cane on your sorry a$$.

Now...get off my lawn...

Krakenn
08-28-2007, 07:05
Bejesus Ricky Pookums - Are you one of them old guys that likes tying peeps up and hititng them. We heard about people like you here in Australia.
You goota get your water checked Pops.

Smiles

Kraks

Buoyant1
08-28-2007, 07:42
I won't go shopping with her unless I have an "outlet"...there HAS to be a "man place" or I won't go! And if I HAVE to go, I won't go in!

I won't go in the foo-foo stores! no way...no how

and she's know NOT to ask me "if this makes my butt look big" because I will answer "Yes..it's because you have a big butt...I'm going to Circuit City now...

greyzen
08-28-2007, 07:48
Hey Greyzen - Did you ever ask/wonder what she is really doing with all those power tools?

Kraks

If it lets me sleep at night, I'm fine with it :smilie39:

Naw, she gets all girlie about power tools... it's kinda eerie...

Vercingetorix
08-28-2007, 08:03
Are you one of them old guys that likes tying peeps up and hititng them. We heard about people like you here in Australia.

Smiles

KraksDamn straight, sonny. But I have pay to those young ladies a lot of money.:smiley36:

You're an Aussie? Well now, that explains it...a lot. Friggin' Fosters piss you send us...

I won't go shopping with her unless I have an "outlet"...there HAS to be a "man place" or I won't go! And if I HAVE to go, I won't go in!

and she's know NOT to ask me "if this makes my butt look big" because I will answer "Yes..it's because you have a big butt...I'm going to Circuit City now...I now have a new hero.

georoc01
08-28-2007, 09:01
Ok... So I got a "gift card" once to BROOKSTONE. I do not consider BROOKSTONE to be a "man store".

In fact it's a pretty useless store in my opinion.

The funny thing is that they sell tools. The tools are nothing special and they sell them because they come in a plastic case and they know that women will buy them either for themselves or as a gift for others.

The funny thing is that while I was in there trying to figure out what to spend my gift card on, some guy was looking at the tools.

One of his buddies comes over and tells him "Put those tools down. Those are sissy tools". I nearly laughed my ass off right there.

oh... what did I get? I got a "breathalizer" that would read your blood alcohol content. Of course being a MAN, I had to test it. Piece of crap read all over the map. It even blew .06 for someone who wasn't drinking. I took it back and got my money back.

Brookstone sells those personal massagers that can be lots of fun in the bedroom. Can be a useful toy out of there.

Harshal
08-28-2007, 10:28

and she's know NOT to ask me "if this makes my butt look big" because I will answer "Yes..it's because you have a big butt...I'm going to Circuit City now...
Take her to Fry's.............lol Most girls hate Fry's.........:smiley32:

yankeefan21
08-28-2007, 11:27
So, we just bought a new house with over an acre of land that needs to be mowed. We also have my two family unit that we moved out of with 3/4 of an acre that we are now renting out.

How is it that it's okay for her to spend $2,000 on throw rugs [to cover the incredible hardwood floors I just wasted 18 hours of my life refinishing!] and 1 set of drapes but I can't buy a $1,400 riding tractor WITH bagger?!

Harshal
08-28-2007, 11:31
So, we just bought a new house with over an acre of land that needs to be mowed. We also have my two family unit that we moved out of with 3/4 of an acre that we are now renting out.

How is it that it's okay for her to spend $2,000 on throw rugs [to cover the incredible hardwood floors I just wasted 18 hours of my life refinishing!] and 1 set of drapes but I can't buy a $1,400 riding tractor WITH bagger?!

NOT FAIR....................
Women don't have fair word in their dictionary..........:smilie39:
Or you can let her push mow the acre.......... next thing you would know is she is standing in Sears.......:smiley36:

greyzen
08-28-2007, 11:33
Yeah I would suggest she see what it's like to mow with the push mower.

yankeefan21
08-28-2007, 12:02
The CRAZY part is she understands the NEED for the mower. Really. She does. BUT - she just HAD to have the rugs and drapes!

Grrrrrr!

TopSully
08-31-2007, 14:27
Don't want to go to women's stores? Bring along a handheld video game (it doesn't matter if you even know how or care how to play it) Play it with the volume up the whole time she's shopping. It'll drive her to distraction and embarrassment. You'll never be asked to go again. Everyone's happy.

yankeefan21
09-04-2007, 11:04
Yeah - I tried a similar strategy when it came to dishwashing. I "washed" the cheese grater first...

Wife was NOT amused.

Osprey
09-04-2007, 13:59
I buy more power tools than my fiance knows what to do with. I am a home depot addict!

Osprey
09-04-2007, 14:01

You know I am all about sprucing up a home but I can NOT imagine spending more than $100 on rugs, CHEAPER if possible. I mean... I wipe my feet on them, they're going to get nasty and ruined!

As for the tractor, I prefer them to anything I have to push.. I'll go with that! :smiley20:

AggieDad
09-05-2007, 05:09
Guys, I am truly blessed. When we drive through the Dallas area my wife knows I am going to ScubaToys and she is usually telling me to buy a few little things (t-shirts etc) and she LOVES to stop at Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas. Her family is from Broken Arrow OK and there is a Bass Pro about two miles from their house. We go there and have lunch and just look. When the new Cabela's opened in Buda TX we went opening weekend and I asked her if there was anything that she wanted to look at and she replied "A youth rifle". We bought her a Ruger M77 .243 with a "cute" stainless Nikon scope. She killed three does and one hog with that gun in one day. She also reminds me that I didn't let her shoot a beautiful axis buck either.

Going to a "girly" store and sniffing things....I will do it all day long gladly. OOOPS! I guess that doesn't sound too good. I don't mind sniffing sweet smelly stuff or looking at girl stuff for her.

Treat them like Queens and they will treat you like a King.

33 years last week.

kingfish
09-05-2007, 05:46
I hate getting dragged around buying clothes for me....
I refuse to try anything on now.

She has started to buy clothes for me and bring them home for me to try on.

Jas.

Suther2136
09-05-2007, 12:13
I don't go shopping at the girlie store any more! I hate going and after a few trips, many years ago, my wife likes to go on her own or with our daughter. I'm free baby. BTW she hates the man stores and is happy to let me go alone or with the guys. Did I mension she let's me play golf and dive? I think I got a keeper.

divingmedic
09-05-2007, 17:56
For me the worst bit is when you have to walk through the lacey Bras and knickers section of the Store I mean sheez honey!

Kraks
I can spend all day in that section. I have a Victoria's Secret right across the street from my station, some days I take the ambulance across the street and park and watch the ladies go in and out and wonder what they are buying. :smilie40:

divingmedic
09-05-2007, 18:09
I endured this trauma for awhile. Then one day when she drug me out "shopping" I was standing by one rack of clothes and backed into and farted. She then walked over and started looking in that rack and got a good whiff. She goes alone now.

drdiver
09-05-2007, 18:44
I endured this trauma for awhile. Then one day when she drug me out "shopping" I was standing by one rack of clothes and backed into and farted. She then walked over and started looking in that rack and got a good whiff. She goes alone now.

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: