PDA

View Full Version : post rating system?

din
03-28-2009, 12:12
is there any way we could get a rating system or thanks thing like on SB, so that we can let people know we appreciate their help without cluttering up the threads with posts that only consist of "thanks, guys"?

nrembis
03-28-2009, 12:28
there is a thankyou mod for vbulletin that can be installed, it is not hard to do

can be downloaded here:

[AJAX] Post Thank You Hack - vBulletin.org Forum (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=165673)

edit to add..... I forgot to mention to use this mod, larry may have to update the forum since ST's version of vbulletin is severely behind on updates and is one of the reasons we are seeing the large amounts of spambot member signups

fanatique
03-29-2009, 09:23
I feel that it will just be another layer of responsibility for the mods. While it's a good suggestion you shouldn't demand too much of a free forum. :D

nrembis
03-29-2009, 09:29
I feel that it will just be another layer of responsibility for the mods. While it's a good suggestion you shouldn't demand too much of a free forum. :D

Actually you have that backwards, this particular mod reduces the potential responsibility of forum admins and moderators.

ScubaToys Larry
03-29-2009, 10:13
We are actually in the process of updating the forum software (thanks to Tommy - when he's not in a cave) and after we update, we'll look into tacking on that mod.

din
03-29-2009, 16:03
thanks, larry. oh, wait...! :D