PDA

View Full Version : Finally - getting back to N.FL in May

in_cavediver
04-01-2009, 16:33
Ah - just booked the accomadations for a week in Florida. Been trying to do this since February but the stinkin economy kept my wife from getting time off. (and if I went without her - I might as well not go home).

May 3rd - I'll be back in Luraville for a week! With luck - I may see some of the others down there.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
04-01-2009, 16:59
Ah - just booked the accomadations for a week in Florida. Been trying to do this since February but the stinkin economy kept my wife from getting time off. (and if I went without her - I might as well not go home).

May 3rd - I'll be back in Luraville for a week! With luck - I may see some of the others down there.

That's great news! I know you have to be psyched.

I'm going to be diving out of Morehead on the Tortuga that week. It will be my ocean dive since last September. I can't wait to smell the iodine in the breeze. The quarry's ok but I miss real diving.

UCFKnightDiver
04-01-2009, 18:12
If you would like to do an intro dive or 2 let me know.

in_cavediver
04-01-2009, 19:16
If you would like to do an intro dive or 2 let me know.

I know our first few dives will be pretty laid back and *might* qualify as intro but we tend to pack lots of gas and 'putter' around even if we don't go far. I'll know lots more once the wife and I lay out a game plan (which we usually do on the 12hr drive).

my e-mail is loganm@purdue.edu and I have a crackberry so as the time comes closer - drop an e-mail etc

sunchaser1997
04-01-2009, 20:46
In case you end up bored while in North FL, Morrison Springs is open again. We went last week, vis outside the cavern was horrid (under 2 feet) but cleared up once you entered the cavern. It was nice to see it back open, the improvements that have been made are quite nice. Hit Vortex just for grins, swam to the grate along with a cast of thousands. Didn't need the permanent line, just follow the trail of dive lights.. was good to get in the water though.

UCFKnightDiver
04-01-2009, 22:21
I think morrison will probably be totally blown out by then.

TommyB
04-02-2009, 09:23

I know you mentioned wanting to go to Eagles Nest. Let me know and I'll see about getting a couple of people together and we can head over there.

I'll be in NFL for most of that week also
Dayo Scuba Cyber Cafe - Calendar (http://www.scubadiver.cc/forums/calendar.php?s=&c=1&week=&month=5&year=2009) prolly just hanging out with TJ.

shoot me a pm or email and see what I can arrange for some fun stuff- You staying at Bill R's or in Live Oak?

Tommy