PDA

View Full Version : any recent reports from the Indiana/Illinois area?

terfmop
04-05-2009, 12:47
Only a few more days until I end my extended surface interval in Pensacola; but, does anyone have any recent reports of the Illinois/Indiana area dive spots? I'm wondering how Blue Springs will be this year; I'm going to be optimistic and say the vis will be in the 30-40' range all summer long (I'm still recovering from a bout of March Madness).

clararhb
04-05-2009, 21:34
I heard that BS was 15-20' just last weekend. Still cold at 41 from top to bottom. With the weather that is coming in it isn't going to warm up anytime soon.
As soon as a group hits the water at BS I would say that the viz is going to suck again. Lets face it the garbage is still on the bottom. Also they haven't done anything with the docks.

snagel
04-06-2009, 18:30
Could use some update at Home (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com)

S. Nagel

kat
04-06-2009, 22:49
Haigh is cold. Blue Springs is cold. Hawthorne is cold. Flordia is warm. Have fun.

clararhb
04-06-2009, 23:12
Looks like most of the "updates" are way out dated. Blue Springs was last posted on in September.
And when did BS get a bus?? Only thing I can think of is the armored car. It might be confused as a short bus.

snagel
04-07-2009, 05:52
Looks like most of the "updates" are way out dated. Blue Springs was last posted on in September.
And when did BS get a bus?? Only thing I can think of is the armored car. It might be confused as a short bus.

Yep, that is why we need to get some current updates going. We are debating on how long to keep the postings up and the thought is a year so people can go back and see when water temps start to warm up and or viz increases/decreases.

Anyway, we need everybody's help. Thanks.

S. Nagel

clararhb
04-07-2009, 10:44
If people knew about it that would help greatly. And when I first saw the girly figures I thought "is this a dive site"

I agree with the 1 year thought and reason for it.

snagel
04-10-2009, 09:33
We are tying to get the word out about Midwestmuckdiving (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com)

Many in the midwest have been checking it out and adding to it frequently. As the weather gets warmer, I'm sure it will be getting more and more traffic.

S. Nagel