PDA

View Full Version : Swepco 4/4/09

DivingCRNA
04-05-2009, 21:34
Dove SWEPCO yesterday to straighten out some gear issues. We were going to teach rescue, but one of the two students hurt her back and has an Oriskany trip coming up, so wanted to heal for that. CANNOT BLAME HER! It was also REALLY WINDY! 20 mph or so making a lot of waves. Rescue would have been tough.

So we worked on gear configuration. Did some drills, played with deco bottles. I need a 40 cf now.... grrrrr.... That will show me for playing with other people's toys.

Water was 72 degrees and vis was maybe 2 feet. Max depth of 20 feet. There were people doing OW check outs. Must have been rough in the vis.

I sweated my butt off. Part of my issues had to do with buoyancy and my new drysuit. I had to wear the heavy undies to work on it. I think I got it, but I need to try the Kydex plate and then get my valves in valve drill position.

I might be set for Tec Deep this summer!!! Woohoo!

navyhmc
04-05-2009, 21:49
What is SWEPCO?

Sansho
04-05-2009, 21:55
Dove SWEPCO yesterday to straighten out some gear issues.

SWEPCO is a transmission fluid, but somehow I don't think that's what the reference is ...

navyhmc
04-05-2009, 22:28
Hopefully google is my friend...

South West Electrical Production Company. Somewhere is NW Arkansas. Still don't know any more than that.:smiley20:

DJCAREY
04-05-2009, 23:53
SWEPCO is a small lake in Silaom Springs, Arkansas. It's heated by an AEP power plant.

navyhmc
04-06-2009, 00:02
SWEPCO is a small lake in Silaom Springs, Arkansas. It's heated by an AEP power plant.

Aaaand we thank you sir! :smiley20: :smiley20: