PDA

View Full Version : Your ST Forum Favorite Avatar

Vercingetorix
08-23-2007, 10:29
With over 900 members, there are a lot of avatars here. Other than your own, which avatar do you like best and why?

My favorite is YellowfinKunkfish. I smile whenever it see it. It captures that "decisive moment" as photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson used to say. We we can clearly see the eyes of the diver and fish and they are having a "moment". Perfectly framed and lighted, the photographer captured that special moment. It also helps that the fish looks pissed that she has invaded his(her?) space.

namabiru
08-23-2007, 11:13
You know, Vercingetorix, I really like your avatar. It does make me chuckle.

dallasdivergirl
08-23-2007, 12:48
Now that you have got this in my head I am checking everyone's out.

diverkatie
08-23-2007, 20:56
Your ST dressing room photo makes me wish I had a picture of when my husband went to try on his very first wetsuit...

He walked out of the dressing room with the zipper of his wetsuit in the front, which would have been OK if it was a front zip wetsuit :) He said that he didn't know - but, the kneepads on the back of his knees should have been a bit of a clue...And, it just didn't seem to fit very well when it was on backwards :)

If only I'd had a camera that day - it was priceless...

Osprey
08-23-2007, 23:06
I like dmdoss' because of all the awesome debate it causes, lol

Vercingetorix
08-24-2007, 12:39
I like dmdoss' because of all the awesome debate it causes, lolWhen I started that thread, I was glad dmdoss had that as his avatar and his signature. It made the debate take-off that much more quickly.

MOF/NMOF never fails to excite and incite.

mike_s
08-24-2007, 13:33
I was going to use this one, but they limit file size of the avatar for some reason.
http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/break_dance_bear.gif

some of the ST avatar's are rather interesting.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/avatars/fantasy_art_ladies/megaart40.gif

I posted the URL to show that it wasn't from an outside source....

ScubaToys Larry
08-24-2007, 13:35
I was going to use this one, but they limit file size of the avatar for some reason.

Yea... when tommy was helping me get this set up, he dumped thousands of smilies and avatars to the server. We'll he runs 75 game servers - and those folks are a little out there.... You should see the ones I deleted!

Flatliner
08-24-2007, 13:37
dallasdivergirl You get my vote.

mike_s
08-24-2007, 14:51

Yea... when tommy was helping me get this set up, he dumped thousands of smilies and avatars to the server. We'll he runs 75 game servers - and those folks are a little out there.... You should see the ones I deleted!

anyway you can increase the avatar file size limit? My 'dancin bear' is stuck in slow-motion on my avatar with the small file size!

kevinj1
08-24-2007, 16:03
Osprey--you have a cool one--that blue background is very nice...

Osprey
08-24-2007, 16:13
Aww thank you! Blue is my favorite color, and it's the only semi-underwater one I have

NitroWill
08-27-2007, 15:06
BobbyWombat's avatar is probably mine :smiley36:..

http://forum.scubatoys.com/customavatars/avatar581_1.gif

Cheddarchick
08-27-2007, 15:25
I like Dee's...It makes me happy for some reason....

Osprey
08-27-2007, 22:42
Platypus has a really funny one too :)

thor
08-28-2007, 09:09
Platypus has a really funny one too :)

He did, but I think he changed it to just a picture of a platypus. Too bad. His old one was my favorite.

Osprey
08-28-2007, 09:14
Aww that's ok, the platy is the best mammal around!

Disneymom
08-28-2007, 09:36
I can't pick one!! I like Mike S's, Platypus Man's old one, Rick's, and Yellowfinkunkfish's.

TommyB
08-28-2007, 09:58
I was going to use this one, but they limit file size of the avatar for some reason. .......

anyway you can increase the avatar file size limit? My 'dancin bear' is stuck in slow-motion on my avatar with the small file size!

We limit the size of the avatars and the type of avatars due to not everyone that visits is on a high-speed connection.
It's more important to load the content of the forums then an animated avatar :)

If you can get it to fit in the size requirements, then it's not an issue with the animation.

Tommy //

greyzen
08-28-2007, 10:03
Disneymom's is the coolest.
Ever.
Period.

End of Thread.

dallasdivergirl
08-28-2007, 10:12
I like NitroWill's.

Dee's

Foo2's smile

I can see rick being the kid with the knife

Don't make me choose

Vercingetorix
08-28-2007, 10:35
I can see rick being the kid with the knifeThanks for that vote of confidence, little lady.

Whereas YelloffinKunkfish's avatar makes me laugh, yours makes me think. I am reminded of a Rembrandt painting. Kinda wonder what's going on behind the eyes. On the other hand, your first photo in your signature is goofy:smilie39:

dallasdivergirl
08-28-2007, 11:18
It's not goofy. It's "holy H*ll, it's hot in this dressing room wearing a 5 mil with a hood & my face is being squeeeezed so I must immortalize this"

thank.you.very.much!

I can see rick being the kid with the knifeThanks for that vote of confidence, little lady.

Whereas YelloffinKunkfish's avatar makes me laugh, yours makes me think. I am reminded of a Rembrandt painting. Kinda wonder what's going on behind the eyes. On the other hand, your first photo in your signature is goofy:smilie39:

Vercingetorix
08-28-2007, 13:38
It's not goofy. It's "holy H*ll, it's hot in this dressing room wearing a 5 mil with a hood & my face is being squeeeezed so I must immortalize this"

thank.you.very.much!

On the other hand, your first photo in your signature is goofy:smilie39:OK...goofy in a charming sense:smiley36:

// does that get me out of the doghouse???

quarrydiver
09-09-2007, 22:05
I'd have to split my vote between yellowfinkunkfish and osprey.

jwdizney
09-09-2007, 22:25
man, there's a lot of good ones.. but i gotta vote the home team.. DisneyMom! (she made it herself, too..)

I also like yellowfinkunkfish just a really cool pic!

scuba Widow
09-09-2007, 22:32
finflippers has my vote

YellowfinKunkfish
09-10-2007, 07:12
With over 900 members, there are a lot of avatars here. Other than your own, which avatar do you like best and why?

My favorite is YellowfinKunkfish. I smile whenever it see it. It captures that "decisive moment" as photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson used to say. We we can clearly see the eyes of the diver and fish and they are having a "moment". Perfectly framed and lighted, the photographer captured that special moment. It also helps that the fish looks pissed that she has invaded his(her?) space.

Thank You!! (someday I'll share the entire picture, so everyone can have a good laugh!)

My favorite is jwdizney's, it's cute, and he said he drew it himself, so I'm impressed!

Charlotte Smith
09-10-2007, 07:51
Yellowfinkunkfish has my vote ...it is too cute!

Vercingetorix
09-10-2007, 08:09
finflippers has my vote

man, there's a lot of good ones.. but i gotta vote the home team.. DisneyMom! (she made it herself, too..)A bit biased, are we?