PDA

View Full Version : The Dive Stop

skdvr
04-10-2009, 09:43
I saw a few things on The Dive Stop website that some of you locals may be interested in and I just wanted to pass them along...

For the weekend of April 11th and 12th 2009
If you buy a season pass, You will receive two FREE daily entry passes!
AND a card for 10 air fills

We are also giving away air fill cards. For every 10 fills you will receive 2 free!

COLD CASH!
In the quarry at Dive Stop, We have hidden two disk.
One for a FREE single season pass
One for a FREE family season pass

Refer a friend
If you refer a friend to Dive Stop
You will receive 10 to 20% off courses

By the way before anyone asks. No, I do not work for The Dive Stop, it is just a local quarry that I would like to see succeed.

Phil

Glub000
04-10-2009, 16:11
Hoping to get down there sometime this summer. I have kids in the St. Louis area and we are looking for a close place to dive. Been to their website and it looks like a promissing spot. Are there any "better" times during the summer to visit? I know some places have algae blooms or other local conditions that can change viz levels. Any recomendations would be a help. We are all OW certs but thinking about AOW, is the water deep enough for AOW cert?

clararhb
04-10-2009, 18:25
"Local" I assume as in the St Louis area? I did a search and found nothing for Dive Stop.

skdvr
04-11-2009, 06:43
Hoping to get down there sometime this summer. I have kids in the St. Louis area and we are looking for a close place to dive. Been to their website and it looks like a promissing spot. Are there any "better" times during the summer to visit? I know some places have algae blooms or other local conditions that can change viz levels. Any recomendations would be a help. We are all OW certs but thinking about AOW, is the water deep enough for AOW cert?

Really the only thing you have to worry about at The Dive Stop is rain, as they do get some runoff into the quarry. It is really pours then it can mess up the vis. Yesterday we had about 15 or 20 ft of vis... It is not a huge quarry so if you get a few people in there that are good and getting into the silt then it can screw it up pretty quickly. Depending on where you are in St Louis it is between 30 and 50 min away. The owner Dave is a super nice guy as well as the rest of the staff there... It is definately worth checking out when you make it down here...

Phil

skdvr
04-11-2009, 06:44
"Local" I assume as in the St Louis area? I did a search and found nothing for Dive Stop.

Yes, sorry. Local to the St. Louis area.

Their website is Dive Stop (http://www.dive-stop.com)

Glub000
04-12-2009, 19:42
Thanks skdvr, We will definatley try to get there (hopefully a couple times) this summer.

sabbath999
04-14-2009, 16:12
I saw a few things on The Dive Stop website that some of you locals may be interested in and I just wanted to pass them along...

For the weekend of April 11th and 12th 2009
If you buy a season pass, You will receive two FREE daily entry passes!
AND a card for 10 air fills

We are also giving away air fill cards. For every 10 fills you will receive 2 free!

COLD CASH!
In the quarry at Dive Stop, We have hidden two disk.
One for a FREE single season pass
One for a FREE family season pass

Refer a friend
If you refer a friend to Dive Stop
You will receive 10 to 20% off courses

By the way before anyone asks. No, I do not work for The Dive Stop, it is just a local quarry that I would like to see succeed.

Phil

I showed up there later Saturday right after the last diver had left and bought a family season pass for the two of us. We went down and looked at the quarry (we dove it several times last year), the vis looked to be pretty good (guessing around 20 feet on the surface) but the water is too cold for my gear.

Got the air fill card and a couple free passes for some friends, and we will be spending some time there again this year.

Look forward to meeting you there sometime Phil.

skdvr
04-15-2009, 04:14
Look forward to seeing you out there...

Later
Phil

maverick
04-24-2009, 09:30
Looks like a good place 4 a dive.

skdvr
04-25-2009, 05:31
Sure is... Come on out and check it out...

Phil

scbagrrl74
05-16-2009, 10:52
Any update on the vis? We're thinking about going down this evening and diving tomorrow, but with yesterday's storms I was hoping someone could give me an update!

Coastie6
05-16-2009, 11:13

Yes, sorry. Local to the St. Louis area.

Their website is Dive Stop (http://www.dive-stop.com)

Phil, Looks like their web site is down right now. I'm assuming this a dive shop with a quarry onsite?

snagel
05-17-2009, 06:41
Actually, this is a quarry with a future dive shop on site (not sure if the dive shop is up and running yet).

Odd that the website is down.

The last report we have on » Midwestmuckdiving (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com) is for early May and the viz was 15-20'.

Snagel

skdvr
05-17-2009, 06:48
Yeah, as snagle said it is mainly just a quarry, with airfilly and some rental equipment. It is a new place that is just getting up and running.

Scbagrrl can you give us an update after you guys get back??? I wish I could have made it out there to join you guys but I have my nephews b-day party today. I hope that you guys had fun...

Phil

Coastie6
05-17-2009, 07:50
Odd that the website is down.

Yesterday I got a message that said the site was under maintenance. Today I get the following when I try to pull it up:
"Safari can’t open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://dive-stop.com/”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page."

I'll keep checking in, sounds like a neat place.

scbagrrl74
05-17-2009, 20:39
Scbagrrl can you give us an update after you guys get back??? I wish I could have made it out there to join you guys but I have my nephews b-day party today. I hope that you guys had fun...

Phil
We didn't end up diving. I have been feeling a little rough, but thought that maybe I'd feel better by Sunday morning. We drove down, set up camp, had dinner, took a nap, and packed up to come home. It ended up being colder than I expected and I did not prepare well for that. I didn't want to risk getting any more sick; we are going to Florida this Friday and would like to be at 100%.

We did look at the water, and it didn't look too bad, considering the rainfall on Friday. David said the viz on Saturday was about 10-15ft, but that it should improve by Sunday. We saw two other people diving there on Saturday evening, but didn't talk to them.

We'll have to get together sometime this summer to dive!

Keri

skdvr
05-18-2009, 02:59
Let me know the next time you guys are going to try and make the trip and I will try to make it out there...

Phil

Fireman6458
05-22-2009, 16:55
Anyone going to be there on 5/24? I will be there with 4 or 5 other guys from our FD dive team. I plan on being there first thing in the morning. I will be in a black crewcab GMC pickup with a LDS logo on the tailgate. Hope to meet some of you and have an awesome day of diving.

skdvr
05-23-2009, 06:09
I wish that I could but of course I am working.....

Have fun....

Phil