PDA

View Full Version : Updates for Midwest Page

snagel
04-10-2009, 09:49
Many who are not diving dry are starting plans for the upcoming dive season in the midwest.

I thought it would be appropriate to do some housekeeping on the www.midwestmucking.com (http://www.midwestmucking.com) page and need input. Let me know of any of the following:

1) Any Dive Spots that need to be added.
2) Any Dive Related Links that need to be added or updated.

We put this together to help everybody out with the local dive conditions. So if you have any updates to the page or to the diving conditions, let us know.

Snagel

skdvr
04-10-2009, 10:54
It is a very nice site, the work is GREATLY appreciated...

BTW - Your link in the body of your message is not correct..

Thanks
Phil

snagel
04-10-2009, 11:06
Thanks Phil,

Wow, how did I screw that up.....its Midwestmuckdiving (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com)

Should not be typing before I have several cups of coffee in me.

Snagel

clararhb
04-10-2009, 18:33
There are three in Indiana that I know of. France Park, Hidden Paradise and one that is in Linton, IN which I can't think of off the top of my head.

clararhb
04-12-2009, 17:41
Twin Lakes is the one that I couln't think of. I know that they don't have a web page. I might have coordinates if that would help. Though it is far from being a good dive site.

terfmop
04-12-2009, 19:27
"Wilderness Lake" at Fowler Park in Terre Haute is divable. Not spectacular, but local and free

clararhb
04-14-2009, 14:31
"Wilderness Lake" at Fowler Park in Terre Haute is divable. Not spectacular, but local and free

What depth? From what I can find online it is about 10-15'.

Coastie6
05-10-2009, 18:26
Snagel, Nice job on the site. I will be using it as a resource. I'm still "warming up" to the idea of landlocked diving in the Midwest. I now live on Table Rock but can't say as I've been too excited about it. Probably just need to hook up with the right bunch of folks. As has been said on this forum, any diving is better than not diving. But I miss the taste of salt water in my mouth! Thanks again for the Midwest dive site.

snagel
05-11-2009, 06:03
Thanks, and help keep us all updated as you dive the midwest.

Table Rock and other sites in the midwest is not ocean diving, but not bad. We had some terrible flooding last spring and pretty much all the lakes never recovered. So, diving last year really was "muck diving". Table Rock actually came out of it and there was some good diving in the summer last year there. This year, it sounds like all the other lakes - Norfork, Bull Shoals, and Beaver are doing great. I'm hearing viz up to 40 feet. I was at Table Rock in April and unless you went deep, viz was only in 10' range.

Normally, Table Rock is a nice lake to dive. Dewey Short seems to be the easiest, but there is a great wreck dive off Indian Point called the Zebulon Pike - check that out some time. Since you are in the area, plan a trip to Mermet Springs some time - you'll love it. It is about a 5 hour drive for you, located in southern Illinois.

Maybe our paths will cross some time. Have fun, and welcome to the Midwest.

Snagel

navyhmc
05-11-2009, 06:16
Does this mean a dive party at your place Coastie? (Will you let Navy Chiefs on the lawn? :smiley36: )

Coastie6
05-11-2009, 20:54
Does this mean a dive party at your place Coastie? (Will you let Navy Chiefs on the lawn? :smiley36: )

Chief, you and Snagel are welcome anytime. Have a 24' pontoon sitting on the lift in our slip, always have cold brew on ice and a there's fire pit on the front lawn for evening BS sessions. Just no "knee deep sailor" jokes.

Coastie6
05-11-2009, 21:03
Thanks, and help keep us all updated as you dive the midwest.

Table Rock and other sites in the midwest is not ocean diving, but not bad. We had some terrible flooding last spring and pretty much all the lakes never recovered. So, diving last year really was "muck diving". Table Rock actually came out of it and there was some good diving in the summer last year there. This year, it sounds like all the other lakes - Norfork, Bull Shoals, and Beaver are doing great. I'm hearing viz up to 40 feet. I was at Table Rock in April and unless you went deep, viz was only in 10' range.

Normally, Table Rock is a nice lake to dive. Dewey Short seems to be the easiest, but there is a great wreck dive off Indian Point called the Zebulon Pike - check that out some time. Since you are in the area, plan a trip to Mermet Springs some time - you'll love it. It is about a 5 hour drive for you, located in southern Illinois.

Maybe our paths will cross some time. Have fun, and welcome to the Midwest.

Snagel

Will do. You and the Chief are welcome when you're in the area. If you've seen some of my equipment posts you'll note that I'm in the process of ordering new gear (BCD, Reg & gauge combo w/computer). Plan to do the combo order this week and the BCD next. The reg will likely have to wait till early June.

I've been on our dock every evening and the vis looks surprisingly good for the rain and rise in lake level we've had. Spoke to some guys who dove the dam last week and they said vis was about 12'. On another note, the bass are moving onto the beds.

skdvr
05-12-2009, 04:31
Coastie - Where on the lake are you??? I will be down there in July for a week with my wife and babies, maybe we will be able to get together for a dive or two... I will be basically just across the main channel from the Dam just near Point 2...

Phil

Coastie6
05-12-2009, 06:05
Coastie - Where on the lake are you??? I will be down there in July for a week with my wife and babies, maybe we will be able to get together for a dive or two... I will be basically just across the main channel from the Dam just near Point 2...

Phil

Phil,

PM sent.