PDA

View Full Version : men v.s. woman when getting dressed

chewyjr15
08-23-2007, 14:54
Don't you just utterly hate how woman can take for ever to get dressed. They try on 6 different outfits and ask us how they look if were not enthusiastic they go back and change even if we say it looked good all they say is it makes me look fat let me go and change!

I HATE IT!

Foo2
08-23-2007, 15:20
When a woman asks you how she looks it's because she is already self conscious about that particular outfit. If you look at her and automatically smile and tell her that she looks gorgeous....she'll where that outfit as often as possible. If you hesitate, you may as well have said...no, you look fat. Don't bother trying to find out why we are this way. Don't try to fix it. Just smile and say, you look gorgeous. And try to sound convincing. ;)

BTW, please don't flame me for answering in the "Man's Laws"...I just thought you'd like some insight.

Cheddarchick
08-23-2007, 15:22
Well thats because most men need GRRRRanimals for thier clothes......

Vercingetorix
08-23-2007, 15:24
BTW, please don't flame me for answering in the "Man's Laws"...I just thought you'd like some insight.No flames here. This sub-forum is an equal opportunity space. Unlike others...:smiley36:

dallasdivergirl
08-23-2007, 15:31
Sometimes things just don't look right.

A guy thinks clean shirt, clean pants/shorts and shoes bam! done.

I have to figure which shoes I need to wear in what color, will it be hot or cold, and how much skin can I/should I show.

ertechsg
08-23-2007, 15:49
Tell her you're leaving in 30 min ,is she going ? Lucky my wife is not one of these type of girls.

Jaymeany
08-23-2007, 15:55
Who lied to you and told you it had to be clean? There are 4 piles of clothes. Each with sub categories.

Clean , clean enough, dirty, where is that smell coming from.

Clean is obvious

clean enough isn't obviously dirty but its just not fresh.
Sub category here is perma-dirty. work shirts that are now wearable rags. just wipe your hands on the shirt.

dirty is in line to be washed (this does not mean it will not be worn)

where is that smell coming from is the stuff that got left in the bag.

Let me know if I missed subcategories.

Wolfie2012
08-23-2007, 16:04
My wife's not that way but whenever we go out with one of her friends she usually gets ready at our house. On those days I know I can sit back and have several beers before we'll even be thinking about leaving. ;)Although, when we're supposed to go out to eat first it can be quite irritating having to wait for her!

creggur
08-23-2007, 16:09
When a woman asks you how she looks it's because she is already self conscious about that particular outfit. If you look at her and automatically smile and tell her that she looks gorgeous....she'll where that outfit as often as possible. If you hesitate, you may as well have said...no, you look fat. Don't bother trying to find out why we are this way. Don't try to fix it. Just smile and say, you look gorgeous. And try to sound convincing. ;)

BTW, please don't flame me for answering in the "Man's Laws"...I just thought you'd like some insight.

This is just not true....My wife asks "How do I look?"
1) I take the time to look at her so I don't get the "you didn't even look, you're just humoring me" response.
2) I then give her my honest opinion.

Those two scenarios:
1) You Look Great - Her response - "You're biased!!" and changes again anyway.
2) I don't really care for that shirt/shorts/shoes, but if you like it wear it!! - Her response - "I do like it" Then changes again anyway...

I was once asked if her jeans made her butt look big - My response was "No you're butt is making those jeans look big though"

Now this was early on in our relationship, and even though I went through about a week of hell, I've never had to answer that question again!!:smiley20:

By the way my wife is 5"1 and weighs 105lbs soaking wet, so neither her butt, nor her jeans look big, my whole point was that it was a silly question..She didn't think it was silly at the time..:smiley2:

tedtim
08-23-2007, 16:54

BTW, please don't flame me for answering in the "Man's Laws"...I just thought you'd like some insight.I can't see the dress you are wearing in your photo, but I am sure you look gorgeous in it. What do the rest of you guys think?

cummings66
08-23-2007, 16:58
I've been known to say, I'm going to get dirty so I'll grab the one from yesterday or prior. It doesn't smell too bad. I'm married and I'm not trying to impress anybody.

Phestr
08-23-2007, 20:42
I've been known to say, I'm going to get dirty so I'll grab the one from yesterday or prior. It doesn't smell too bad. I'm married and I'm not trying to impress anybody.

I'll go with that, but only if we're headed to the beach or something. If we're going out, the first 5 minutes are me showing her what I'm wearing and giving her the veto. Then I get out, so the fitting-room frenzy can ensue. We all say "I'm married, I don't have to impress anybody," right up until we get the look, or the "Are you gonna wear that?" Then we're all reminded there still is someone to impress, but it's just easier because she picked out most of your clothes.

quarrydiver
08-23-2007, 20:53
guess i'm lucky, she's pretty quick.

bullshark
08-23-2007, 20:59
well I am single so I've never had to deal with this problem lucky me I guess

BSea
08-23-2007, 21:22
I have to figure which shoes I need to wear in what color, will it be hot or cold, and how much skin can I/should I show.
I can't believe you posted in a man's forum about how much skin to show.:smiley5:

chewyjr15
08-23-2007, 21:53
great responses!

Vercingetorix
08-24-2007, 12:34
I was once asked if her jeans made her butt look big - My response was "No you're butt is making those jeans look big though"And yet, you're still alive. You, sir, are a man of courage. I bow in awe. :worship:

dallasdivergirl
08-24-2007, 12:43
I can't believe you posted in a man's forum about how much skin to show.:smiley5:

If it's for work, I will cover up. I work for a "christian" construction company (oh, the irony!) besides the fact that they keep COLD in the office. If it's going to be hot & I am outsideI wear as little as possible, usually a tank top and short board shorts. That should be a little better visual for you!

mm_dm
08-24-2007, 12:57
deleted

mm_dm
08-24-2007, 12:59
[tedtim]I can't see the dress you are wearing in your photo, but I am sure you look gorgeous in it. What do the rest of you guys think?[/quote]

I think you better duck...

TwIsTeD
08-24-2007, 14:55
I was once asked if her jeans made her butt look big - My response was "No you're butt is making those jeans look big though"

Now this was early on in our relationship, and even though I went through about a week of hell, I've never had to answer that question again!!:smiley20:

By the way my wife is 5"1 and weighs 105lbs soaking wet, so neither her butt, nor her jeans look big, my whole point was that it was a silly question..She didn't think it was silly at the time..:smiley2:

You know the smartest thing I've ever done is tell my new to me 5 years ago GF that I would not answer that question in any form. I still don't, I just act like she never said anything and just smile. I told her that on our 3rd date. totally out of the blue...
best of luck with you who have to say something.

georoc01
08-24-2007, 15:03
My ex gf always used to try and wear outfits to impress me, but to be honest, there was something about her workout outfits that turned me on. The fact that she always wore a sports bra to bed probably had something to do with that.

divnhank
08-24-2007, 16:13

Define "clean"? We have different levels of clean.

Vercingetorix
08-24-2007, 17:15

Define "clean"? We have different levels of clean.For instance, turn the used underwear inside out...clean underwear!

94GTStang
08-24-2007, 18:18
Hmm... my fiance is pretty quick about getting her outfits together. I just pick out which dive shirt or scrubs to wear for the day and I'm good to go

mm_dm
08-24-2007, 18:35
Consider yourself blessed

scubasamurai
08-25-2007, 12:54
it seems like it is built into their system to be 30 minutes behind on what time you tell them to get ready, i always tell them we are leaving an hour earlier and avoid the problem
plus men can get away with a tee and shorts, but women have to "think" about what they want to wear

DivingsInMyBlood
08-25-2007, 12:57
I usally tell my wife a FAKE time were leaving to go somewhere if we have to get dressed up so she is ready for the real time, guys take note it works like a charm. Just noticed your post above scubasamurai, you hit the nail right on the head.

Vercingetorix
08-25-2007, 13:59
I usually tell my wife a FAKE time were leaving to go somewhere if we have to get dressed up so she is ready for the real time, guys take note it works like a charm. Just noticed your post above scubasamurai, you hit the nail right on the head.Eventually, they catch on (the smart do at least). I've been married 14 years; she caught on long ago.

Jaymeany
08-25-2007, 14:28
Keep switching ho much time you fake. One time 30 min. extra next time 15 then 20 , 17, you get my drift. Keep her guessing!!!

"we have a meeting at 8:27, why 8:27, why not 8:30?"
"Because you will were here on time just to find out why 8:27"

DivingsInMyBlood
08-26-2007, 07:52
I usually tell my wife a FAKE time were leaving to go somewhere if we have to get dressed up so she is ready for the real time, guys take note it works like a charm. Just noticed your post above scubasamurai, you hit the nail right on the head.Eventually, they catch on (the smart do at least). I've been married 14 years; she caught on long ago.

Yeah i change it up for kinda how much time i figure she will really need, you know how dressy it needs to be, iv'e only been married for nearly 6 years so any of you vets got anymore great tips on these issue's? :smiley20:

TopSully
08-31-2007, 14:34
men don't. That's why they care about how they're dressed and we don't care. I've learned to live with it.

ScubaJenn81
09-01-2007, 15:57
I think the best thing to do is say, I am leaving in 20 minutes, you coming? And then stick to it. Be nice, but be firm.

CrzyJay456
09-01-2007, 16:11
men dress in jeans and a t-shirt to do anything, we actually care how we look.

Bigg_Budd
09-03-2007, 17:24
Don't you just utterly hate how woman can take for ever to get dressed. They try on 6 different outfits and ask us how they look if were not enthusiastic they go back and change even if we say it looked good all they say is it makes me look fat let me go and change!

I HATE IT!

What the heck are you complaining about, my man? You have a woman getting dressed/undressed multiple times... Bro, people pay good money for that kinda show!

Take advantage of the situation. Get you thread game on, go grab a beer, sit on the bed and enjoy the show. When she asks you if she looks fat, tell her "hell no, you look friggin' hot!". You may just get lucky.

Suther2136
09-05-2007, 12:17
Hey, if your waiting in the living room, yea it a drag. I find it much more fun to catch the show (whats the stripper tune you hum). Usually speeds things up, or takes much longer....dant, dant, dant...dant-dant-dant-dant...

Buoyant1
09-06-2007, 11:16
I can be up and out of the house on a saturday morning to go get some coffee in less than 10 minutes...she needs to do her hair and make up because she might see someone she knows! JUST TO GO GET COFFEE! AND we're at the beach where we know NO ONE!

mrbheagney
09-04-2008, 19:42
I tried to show this thred to my girl but she is getting dressed right now. There is no competition here.

Splitlip
09-04-2008, 20:24
Tell her you're leaving in 30 min ,is she going ? Lucky my wife is not one of these type of girls.

Nice tap dance.

John Yaskowich
09-05-2008, 07:48
I can be up and out of the house on a saturday morning to go get some coffee in less than 10 minutes...she needs to do her hair and make up because she might see someone she knows! JUST TO GO GET COFFEE! AND we're at the beach where we know NO ONE!
Last weekend my wife was "telling" me to take a wash my hair and dress nicely...to go to Home Depot at 8am to get paint. Excuse me but the only people I am going to see are other idiots getting up to get the stuff to work on their Honey Dew list. I finger combed my hair and checked that the my work shirt was reasonably clean.

MSilvia
09-05-2008, 09:19
At least you had the good sense not to tell her her butt made them look small!

Merrimorte
09-05-2008, 11:12

I HATE IT!

What the heck are you complaining about, my man? You have a woman getting dressed/undressed multiple times... Bro, people pay good money for that kinda show!

Take advantage of the situation. Get you thread game on, go grab a beer, sit on the bed and enjoy the show. When she asks you if she looks fat, tell her "hell no, you look friggin' hot!". You may just get lucky.

Yeah chances are I'd bite... er.. ya know... might just make me start taking longer than my usual 10-15 min to get dressed lol.