PDA

View Full Version : BEER!! (whats your choice?)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Black-Gorrilla
08-23-2007, 16:07
good biers!!

i like

Stella Artois
Warsteiner
Yuengling

what do the rest of yous drink?

creggur
08-23-2007, 16:11
Ya know I'm not much of a beer snob, I prefer Bourbon.

When I buy beer though it's usually Heinekin...

If it's free, I don't much care...

Jaymeany
08-23-2007, 16:14
World Lager
Smithwick's
Carib (similar to corona)
Circus Boy
Hat #9

Hard liquor: Pyrat Rum or Jameson's Whiskey

fire diver
08-23-2007, 16:16
I like Shiner Bock. Ive heard a lot of good things about Yuengling, but we don't have it here.

FD

Jaymeany
08-23-2007, 16:20
I've always found that funny. Labatt and yuengling are the special give away beers here. a couple bucks for a pint if that. Then I move to NC and Labatt and the yueng are imports for $3.75 or more. I was like "you got to be kidding?!?"

bullshark
08-23-2007, 16:21
Coors light
Miller Light
Guiness

whatever you are buying

MxDiver
08-23-2007, 16:25
For beer
Bohemia
Tecate
Negra Modelo.
I really like Guiness but only on TAP, it's been a while since I had it.

Hard liquor: Vodka and Tequila "Reserva de la familia"

Black-Gorrilla
08-23-2007, 16:31
I've always found that funny. Labatt and yuengling are the special give away beers here. a couple bucks for a pint if that. Then I move to NC and Labatt and the yueng are imports for $3.75 or more. I was like "you got to be kidding?!?"

yuinglin is american, why would they charge it as much as imports? it's good, but for the price of an import, i'll have a real import.

Flatliner
08-23-2007, 16:33
Guinness, or Corona depends on my mood

Harshal
08-23-2007, 16:34
Corona....
or Black Lable (JW) + Club Soda

Jaymeany
08-23-2007, 16:35
Anything that traveled a certain distance got the up charge. Anyone who likes corona should seek out Carib at least once! If we ever dive together you can buy me one after in thanks:smiley16:

tedtim
08-23-2007, 16:40

If it's free, I don't much care...
That is truly the best beer in the world - free!

jeraldjcook
08-23-2007, 16:42
Warsteiner.

unclepooty
08-23-2007, 16:44
I'll settle for cold.....or even cool

tonka97
08-23-2007, 16:59
The best?

One answer.

There is really only 1 answer....

Arrogant Bastard

If you can find it, buy a truckload full.

Set up an I.V. drip, lie back, and smile.

MtnDiver
08-23-2007, 17:15
Being in Colorado where we have a microbrewery on every corner I am spolied....but heres the short list:
Anchor Steam/ San Francisco
Guinness/ Glycol draft
Estes Park Brewery anything/ Colorado
Sam Adams/ Cherry Wheat
New Belgium/ Sunshine/ Fort Collins
True Blonde/ SKA Brewing/ Durango
Pete's Wicked ale/ Strawberry Blonde

A Black and Tan with Sierra Nevade Pale Ale and Guinness...Hmmmmm

94GTStang
08-23-2007, 17:32
I'm not too big on beers... but really just about anything as long it's not a dark lager or of the stout variety.

I do like going to our art museum's Art on Tap thing every year. It's about 100 beers and only $40 bucks to get in. All you can drink and it has catered food.
http://www.okcmoa.com/p/9440/Default.aspx

Vercingetorix
08-23-2007, 17:36
Guinness
Sam Adams Lager
Most anything from a micro-brewery

Nothing Light or Lite
No American Pale Ales

thesmoothdome
08-23-2007, 17:48
Tonka97 knows beer from my part of the world :). Stone brewery makes some excellent stuff. If you have a chance check out their Imperial Stout and the Double Arrogant Bastard.

For daily consumption, Stone, Sierra Nevada, actually there are too many good microbrews to pick a single favorite. If I had to choose, I'd say anything that comes out of TP Brewing, my personal label, has to be my top choice.

DivingsInMyBlood
08-23-2007, 17:59
local micro brewerys all the way for me.

okanagan spring pale ale is good,
up here our beer has a little more punch to it.

jeraldjcook
08-23-2007, 18:11
No American Pale Ales

Not even Boulevard's Pale Ale???

CompuDude
08-23-2007, 18:26
I'm down with the Stone Brewing Co love, also.

Guinness
Newcastle
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Bass
Harp

When I'm in Mexico, I'm all over Pacifco Clara. When I'm not in Mexico, I'll drink it if it's chilled and free... and there are no better alternatives.

I'd rather go thirsty than drink Bud or any American light beer... or really any American, non-microbrew beer. MGD once in a blue moon when I feel like slumming.

Oh, and it's not exactly a beer, but I'm a HUGE fan of Lambics Raspberry Framboise as the occasional alternate to Guinness.

When I open the fridge, though, my hand goes to the Guinness by default. Only sometimes do I pause and ponder another.

Dark beers FTW!

Panhandle Joe
08-23-2007, 19:44
Icehouse It Taste good, It's American, And it just plain old gets you there quick!

brandon
08-23-2007, 19:51
Mmm... a few favorites in no particular order:

Black Butte Porter
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Rogue Shakespeare Stout
Rogue Chocolate Porter
Dos Equis Special Lager
Pacifico Clara
Sol
Alaska Amber
Alaska Pale Ale
Jubeale
Pyramid Hefeweizen
Pyramid Apricot Hefeweizen

Mmmm... makes me thirsty. I need to go to the boozery.

-B.

cudachaser
08-23-2007, 19:58
Dos Equias & hmmm Virgin Islands cheap rum

94GTStang
08-23-2007, 20:19
I
I'd rather go thirsty than drink Bud or any American light beer... or really any American, non-microbrew beer. MGD once in a blue moon when I feel like slumming.

That camel piss never ceases to amaze me. Can't believe people drink it. But I do live in redneck capital

thesmoothdome
08-23-2007, 20:36
Guinness
Sam Adams Lager
Most anything from a micro-brewery

Nothing Light or Lite
No American Pale Ales

Most micro brews feature American Pale Ales. Most of the mass produced beers like Miller and Bud are lagers.

Oh and while I'm at it, one of newly discovered favorites from this summer: Boulder Beer Co.'s Hazed and Infused. An unfiltered, dry hopped, but not over hopped, ale. Fantastic!

thor
08-23-2007, 21:15
Being in Colorado where we have a microbrewery on every corner I am spolied....but heres the short list:
Guinness/ Glycol draft
Sam Adams/ Cherry Wheat

I have to agree with your list.

Guiness ,
Anchor Steam
my favs and I'll add

Sam Smith's nutbrown Ale,
Sam Adams Stout

The darker, the better

cgvmer
08-23-2007, 21:37
I would have to say it was a Scotch Ale I brewed once I finished it off with a champagne yeast, then there was that pale ale with lots of kent goldings hops, (hoppy enough to be an IPA but no extra alcohol),

Wait maybe it was that HefeWeizen, using the Weihenstephan yeast.

Oh hell I like most of the beers I brewed.

chewyjr15
08-23-2007, 21:44
although not 21 i like:

becks
miller light
coors

Black-Gorrilla
08-23-2007, 21:47
sam adams sumer something (cant remember) was pretty good. had a lemony taste to it. refreshing.

dmdoss
08-23-2007, 22:27
Sam Adams

mwhities
08-23-2007, 22:31
Red Stripe Light!!

Michael

DivingsInMyBlood
08-23-2007, 22:32
I'm down with the Stone Brewing Co love, also.

Guinness
Newcastle
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Bass
Harp

When I'm in Mexico, I'm all over Pacifco Clara. When I'm not in Mexico, I'll drink it if it's chilled and free... and there are no better alternatives.

Oh, and it's not exactly a beer, but I'm a HUGE fan of Lambics Raspberry Framboise as the occasional alternate to Guinness.

When I open the fridge, though, my hand goes to the Guinness by default. Only sometimes do I pause and ponder another.

Dark beers FTW!

love the first one on your list, the black stuffs great. :smiley20:

reservecops
08-23-2007, 22:52
If I'm not drinking Captain Morgan Private Stock and Coke (with a lime), my second choice is always a Guinness.

In fact, I'm having a Private Stock, Coke & Lime right NOW! :)

RECDiver
08-23-2007, 23:56
None. Pussers Rum, thank you very much.

3rdEye
08-24-2007, 01:15
i'm a complete beer snob....let's see

right now being it's summer, i'll drink some wheat beers like a hefeweizen or belgian wit style, either from their respective countries of origin, or a microbrew, or I might have a munich lager or pilsner style.

in the fall, the weizen bocks and dopple bocks come out, or maybe a belgian pale ale.

winter is for belgian stong ales...pale or dark

things like IPAs or ESB's I usually like to have with a nice meal.

and on the off occasion, I might try a gueze or barley wine or belgian sour ale, and other not so common stuff like that.

I can pretty much enjoy a good lager year round. I'm fortunate to live very close to Victory Brewing company, which in my opinion is one of the best micros in the US. A lot of other decent micros in the Philly area as well. We have a good beer culture here.

today, i threw back a few anchor steams.

Krakenn
08-24-2007, 06:00
Victoria Bitter
Castlemain xxxx
Redback
Carlton Crown

Scotch for Winter and lots of red wine (Plonk)

Kraks

TxScubaBear
08-24-2007, 06:57
Sam Adams Boston Lager
MGD
Wellers & Coke
Jack & Coke

TAH 73
08-24-2007, 07:21
I knew Kracks was going to drop in here mentioning VB, I have lived in Whistler BC for the last 9 winters and I think Aussie day is bigger there than in Aus. One of the local bars imports about 500 cases of VB for the day, last year it was all gone by 2pm (bar opened at 7am)
Summertime beer is Corona, can't drink it in the winter, it doesn't just seem right.
Winter is Alexander Keith's or Rickard's Red, but I don't think any non Canadians would be familiar with these.

Krakenn
08-24-2007, 07:38
Puts hairs on your chest doesnt it lad?
None of that nancy boy low alco stuff with the old VB.

Smiles

Kraks

Axewizard
08-24-2007, 07:47
Ah beers....

After diving:

Corona or Dos Equis Lager with lime

Any other time: Shiner or Bud

scuba Widow
08-24-2007, 07:49
We prefer anything that is flavored like...Mike's Hard Lemonade

Charlotte Smith
08-24-2007, 08:04
Bud-Light...always

mulefeathers
08-24-2007, 08:14
http://www.mousecreations.com/beer_list.pdf

Here is a list of almost every beer I have tried. I know this because when I lived in Jax Fl I had a personal goal of trying every beer that European street cafe offered. They had a card that every time you tried one it would get stamped and marked off the list. Filled one and started on a second before moving from JAX.

MEL-DC Diver
08-24-2007, 08:18
I enjoy regional lagers and ales. I avoid everything that has the word "light" attached to it.

MEL-DC Diver
08-24-2007, 08:22
Puts hairs on your chest doesnt it lad?
None of that nancy boy low alco stuff with the old VB.

Smiles

Kraks

Kraks,
I am with you on the VB and crownies - quite good. Even though I am a Victoria boy (fully assimilated, thank you), I can go for a Tooheys on occasion.

jeraldjcook
08-24-2007, 08:27
I avoid everything that has the word "light" attached to it.

Sam Adams Light is too bad.

willardj
08-24-2007, 08:58
For get beer it's Crown or Rum and maybe Jose just depends on the week I've had.

mm_dm
08-24-2007, 09:17
Fat Tire
Shiner Blonde
Foster's
back when I used to knock down Whatney's...took awhile to get used to the taste.

CompuDude
08-24-2007, 15:22
Red Stripe Light!!

Michael
Oh, good point, like Pacifico in Mexico, in Jamaica I enjoy Red Stripe (not that you can get anything else most of the time!). Never drink it here, though.

I probably should have added Fat Tire to my list. Good stuff. Not the top of the list, but definitely makes the list.

thesmoothdome
08-24-2007, 15:26
I probably should have added Fat Tire to my list. Good stuff. Not the top of the list, but definitely makes the list.

New Belgium, the makers of Fat Tire, also make a GREAT winter brew called 2 below.

Suther2136
08-24-2007, 15:35
Coors light
Miller Light
Guiness

whatever you are buying

I can agree with the Guiness, but nothing followed by lite or light should even be considered beer. Also, Shiner Bock, Fat Tire, Tecate and too many Euro and American microbrews to count. Life is too short for cheap beer.

CompuDude
08-24-2007, 15:36

New Belgium, the makers of Fat Tire, also make a GREAT winter brew called 2 below.
I'll have to check it out.

Funny story: I was at a restaurant recently that listed Fat Tire under the Imported Beers list. As a Belgium Ale. :smilie39:

Disneymom
08-24-2007, 15:43
Moosehead!

(oops..... did I come in the wrong door?)

Bill22
08-24-2007, 15:44
Guiness
Negra Modelo
San Miguel
Kirin
Asahi

MEL-DC Diver
08-24-2007, 15:48
Fat Tire
Shiner Blonde
Foster's
back when I used to knock down Whatney's...took awhile to get used to the taste.

Fosters is just a joke the Aussies played on us. They keep the good stuff to themselves.

chefchris
08-24-2007, 15:54
Shiner Bock & Blonde
Moosehead
Samuel Smith's
Dogfish Head
Linenkuegel

Budweiser Select:ssst:

divnhank
08-24-2007, 15:55
If you're buyin', make it a Heineken!

mpd525
08-24-2007, 16:20
Coors Light, And The Infamous Shiner Bock!!!!!

CompuDude
08-24-2007, 16:46
Guiness
Negra Modelo
San Miguel
Kirin
Asahi

Darn you! I should have had Asahi on my list, too. Only when accompanied by Sushi and Sake, however. :D

Black-Gorrilla
08-24-2007, 16:51
ah... i forgot Kirin (pref. on tap) as well as Molson (one of the few good things to come out of canada... some of the women are the other good things :))

DirtyWaterIL
08-24-2007, 17:13
budweiser....to hell with all those sissy foreign foo-foo beers.

thesmoothdome
08-24-2007, 17:18

I'm sorry...beer should not be brewed with corn or rice (as in the Japanese beers) these are considered adjuncts rather than true brewing grains and provide very little flavor, just alcohol.

georoc01
08-24-2007, 17:47
Guinness/ Glycol draft
Sam Adams/ Cherry Wheat

No Fat Tire?

3rdEye
08-24-2007, 17:55

I'm sorry...beer should not be brewed with corn or rice (as in the Japanese beers) these are considered adjuncts rather than true brewing grains and provide very little flavor, just alcohol.

some adjuncts are ok....as long as it's not corn and rice....blehh

prohibition was a curse on this country....****ined beer here for a long time.....thank god for the microbrew movement

Osprey
08-24-2007, 18:01
Oh come on

beer is best when it's bombed with sake!

silly ;)

3rdEye
08-24-2007, 18:03
Oh come on

beer is best when it's bombed with sake!

silly ;)

hmm...never had a sake bomb :naughty:

Osprey
08-24-2007, 18:12
As long as you get GOOD sake, they are really a lot of fun

Here is how it's done at a local shop.. it's just for show, and not recommended for home use.. but it gets everyone ordering and laughing!

The bartender will pour the proper amount of beer (generally, Asahi) into a glass, then place two chopsticks across the top. They are just wide enough to support the shot of sake on top. When the sake is placed, a floater of 1800 is set atop.. and promptly lit on fire

Everyone at the bar chants a Japanese phrase of good will and happiness, and then everyone slams their fists on the bar until the sake bombs (putting the flame out), and then of course the real fun part.. drinking it down!

Cheers!

CompuDude
08-24-2007, 18:18
As long as you get GOOD sake, they are really a lot of fun

Here is how it's done at a local shop.. it's just for show, and not recommended for home use.. but it gets everyone ordering and laughing!

The bartender will pour the proper amount of beer (generally, Asahi) into a glass, then place two chopsticks across the top. They are just wide enough to support the shot of sake on top. When the sake is placed, a floater of 1800 is set atop.. and promptly lit on fire

Everyone at the bar chants a Japanese phrase of good will and happiness, and then everyone slams their fists on the bar until the sake bombs (putting the flame out), and then of course the real fun part.. drinking it down!

Cheers!

That's how we do it, too. Except the 1800 part. Ugh. Sake and Tequila? That bartender should be shot.

thesmoothdome
08-24-2007, 18:19
Ok...that just sounds like a hangover waiting to happen :).

Osprey
08-24-2007, 18:56
Nothing gatorade can't solve ;)

Glad to hear we're not the only ones playing with chopsticks!

Unrelated to beer, but more on bombs, http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/power-bombs.html

Those cups will save your glassware at a party, guaranteed!

mm_dm
08-24-2007, 19:00
No doubt you speak from experience

CompuDude
08-24-2007, 19:07

Glad to hear we're not the only ones playing with chopsticks!

Unrelated to beer, but more on bombs, http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/power-bombs.html

Those cups will save your glassware at a party, guaranteed!

Cute. :) I use professional glassware for all of my parties. Good commercial quality pint glasses will bounce when dropped onto concrete.

Yes, that's experience talking. :smiley20:

3rdEye
08-24-2007, 19:09

gatorade, coffee, and a little endorphin release is an excellent hangover regimen

chinacat46
08-24-2007, 19:25
Kilkenny is my favorite when I can get it but it ain't sold in the US :-(.
Some of my other favs are Paulaner Salvator, Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout, Nut Brown Ale or their Taddy Porter. For American swill I usually go for hoppy beers, Anchor Liberty, Red Tail Ale, Seirra Nevada Pale Ale. For general everyday type beer you can't go wrong with a Fat Tire on tap.

Osprey
08-24-2007, 19:31
Mm_dm .. indeed, I have heard many loyal glass hit the floor :(

CompuDude- Thats awesome! Someday perhaps I will have some happily sitting in my cabinet.. hehe :)

Krakenn
08-24-2007, 19:51
Kilkenny on tap in Oz not a bad drop.

I would have thought your Irish districts sell it?

Kraks

CompuDude
08-24-2007, 20:11
Mm_dm .. indeed, I have heard many loyal glass hit the floor :(

CompuDude- Thats awesome! Someday perhaps I will have some happily sitting in my cabinet.. hehe :)

Find a restaurant supply store near you. If you buy by the dozen, you can pay under $2 a glass, for very nice Anchor Hocking barware. Sturdy stuff. I just bought a few dozen and I use them instead of cheap paper cups. Classes up the joint... and when I hook the the kegs of Guinness and Cider up to the jockey box, I don't have to cringe at watching anyone pour a proper pint into a plastic cup.

Add commercial shot glasses, and very little gets broken, even at the 200 person parties. And people manage to destroy one or two, at ~$2 it's no big loss, and easily replaced.

thesmoothdome
08-24-2007, 20:36
I used to use my pint glass collection for my parties, but people were always fearful of breakage and asked for plastic. At smaller gatherings they're still in use though.

JahJahwarrior
08-24-2007, 20:47
Only thing I've ever had was Carib, in a South American country. I didn't have much, only one bottle.....wasn't sure what to expect, becuase I'd never had beer before (underaged here in the states :) ) Can anyone tell me how it compares to beer in the US? It seemed like something I could drink occassionally but it also seemed like maybe it is an acquired taste? It was good when it was cool but not cold. When cold, it was very "sharp" when it hit the mouth, but when warm it tasted obtuse.

If anyone has had Carib and other American beers, can you tell me how they compare? My roomates (18 year old as well) go out drinking all the time (talk about illegal) but they've never had Carib so they can't tell me how they compare....

On another note, that same company makes a non alcoholic drink called Smalta and I really didn't like it at all. I much preferred the beer, and I'd prefer water to the beer....

3rdEye
08-24-2007, 21:04
Only thing I've ever had was Carib, in a South American country. I didn't have much, only one bottle.....wasn't sure what to expect, becuase I'd never had beer before (underaged here in the states :) ) Can anyone tell me how it compares to beer in the US? It seemed like something I could drink occassionally but it also seemed like maybe it is an acquired taste? It was good when it was cool but not cold. When cold, it was very "sharp" when it hit the mouth, but when warm it tasted obtuse.

If anyone has had Carib and other American beers, can you tell me how they compare? My roomates (18 year old as well) go out drinking all the time (talk about illegal) but they've never had Carib so they can't tell me how they compare....

On another note, that same company makes a non alcoholic drink called Smalta and I really didn't like it at all. I much preferred the beer, and I'd prefer water to the beer....

well, when you do decide to try some beer here in the states, do yourself a favor and start with a quality microbrew lager or something like that....forget bud, miller, coors and all that.....start with something good.

chinacat46
08-24-2007, 21:14
Kilkenny on tap in Oz not a bad drop.

I would have thought your Irish districts sell it?

Kraks

Nope. They don't make enough to export to the US but you can buy it in Canada. Soon I'll be in Oz and I'm sure to drink some there as well as in NZ.

GDiver
08-24-2007, 21:21
:bayer:Enjoying a "Sol" right now. Ahhh Buen Provecho!

rkmccamp
08-24-2007, 21:29
i'm a girl and this is one of my favorite subjects! when i get off the plane in cozumel, i grab a barrilito :) but i'm not picky, i can enjoy all different types--i like to try all of them!
a light beer is my favorite, but there is not a loyality with the exception of barrilito...i would drink it everyday if i could find it in the states

rkmccamp

rkmccamp
08-24-2007, 21:34
If you're buyin', make it a Heineken!
heineken light is awesome!

rkmccamp
08-24-2007, 21:37
you might like a hieneken light...but if your in mexico, try a barrilito (it is package in a dark brown bottle that looks like a barrel) they are really good!

3rdEye
08-24-2007, 21:40
you might like a hieneken light...but if your in mexico, try a barrilito (it is package in a dark brown bottle that looks like a barrel) they are really good!

hmmm, disappointed i didn't try this....i've had just about every other mexican beer

rkmccamp
08-24-2007, 21:40
i read your post and thought to myself...he has to be from TX!!! :) me too and i don't know if i could list all of the different beers that i've tried and i don't think that i have ever just not drank it...

3rdEye
08-24-2007, 21:47
nah....Philadelphia.....i'm just into beer :)

and actually.....i started (never completed) a database and web app of beers that i've tried complete with reviews.....yep, i'm a dork

JahJahwarrior
08-24-2007, 23:23
well, when you do decide to try some beer here in the states, do yourself a favor and start with a quality microbrew lager or something like that....forget bud, miller, coors and all that.....start with something good.

More like when I'm old enough to do it legally. I've got such a big conscience, I can hardly stand to speed. :) So the roomies go out every night and get pals to buy them beer and I stay home sipping water. But I was at a wedding in the caribbean and wasn't about to pass up a chance to try some beer. If I was somewhere that mary jane was legal, I'd try it too. I like trying things. :)

Can you give me an example of a "microbrew lager" ? Does that basically mean that they brew less of it at once than bigger companies? Why is it better?

CompuDude
08-24-2007, 23:34
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbrewery

Basically a small local brewer who doesn't make much, but takes great pride in what they do make. Has the freedom to cater to the tastes of a larger clientele.

Sam Adams is an example of a micro-brewery that went macro, although their beer is decent. (I'll drink any day of the month over anything from miller, coors, buttweiser or heinekin.)

Black-Gorrilla
08-24-2007, 23:47
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbrewery

Basically a small local brewer who doesn't make much, but takes great pride in what they do make. Has the freedom to cater to the tastes of a larger clientele.

Sam Adams is an example of a micro-brewery that went macro, although their beer is decent. (I'll drink any day of the month over anything from miller, coors, buttweiser or heinekin.)

Very true on Sam Adams... they make some good beers, and if it's between (almost) Any of their 20diff. beers, or Budnasty, miller, lights, coors etc.
they make beer that has a good flavor (most of em.) Sam Adams that is.

thesmoothdome
08-24-2007, 23:52
[quote=3rdEye;34647]

Can you give me an example of a "microbrew lager" ? Does that basically mean that they brew less of it at once than bigger companies? Why is it better?

Mass produced beers tend to be tasteless, colorless, odorless, very benign beers. Companies like Anhieser Bush and Miller Brewing spend very little on actually brewing a good beer and a ton on marketing. If you convince people what they're buying is a quality product, you get away with selling a poorly crafted product.

Microbrews, on the other hand, use quality ingredients to produce beers that tend to have more flavor and since competition is so fierce among small brewers, take great care in producing quality products. They know they can't match AB or Miller for marketing, but know they can produce more inventive beers than AB or Miller is willing to. Of course, many crafted beers sold today are AB or Miller trying to sell to the microbrew crowd, so you have to be careful not to support the evil empires :).

3rdEye
08-25-2007, 00:13

More like when I'm old enough to do it legally. I've got such a big conscience, I can hardly stand to speed. :) So the roomies go out every night and get pals to buy them beer and I stay home sipping water. But I was at a wedding in the caribbean and wasn't about to pass up a chance to try some beer. If I was somewhere that mary jane was legal, I'd try it too. I like trying things. :)

micros available to you will depend on where you live.....generally they are better because they don't use corn and rice malts (crap), and they are brewed to taste good.....not taste like....well....nothing....like a bud light or some such thing.

or, just go straight to the source and try a quality german lager like Paulaner Munich Lager, Hofbrau, Spaten, Hacker-Schorr, Pilsner Urquel etc. these might be readily more available. This is how a lager is supposed to be....as the Germans invented it.

Osprey
08-25-2007, 00:57
I don't have to cringe at watching anyone pour a proper pint into a plastic cup.

Ohh that's like watching wine go into a plastic cup! LOL no good!!!

Yah, I agree about the fearful guests.. don't want them getting so nervous they drop the glass they were being oh-so careful with, breakable or not :smiley36:

Osprey
08-25-2007, 01:00
Also on the brews, see if anywhere local has a variety of beers from the states/wherever. Here we have a pizza/pasta joint that imports beer from as many countries as possible, but keeps them all stored with the greatest care. No matter what beer is your favorite, they have several of each, available on tap many a time

Them seasonal samplers... mmm..

thesmoothdome
08-25-2007, 01:13
Wanna see the way things should be? The guy who owns this pub taught me to brew years ago. Best bottled beer selection in the city if not the whole state and he always has special things on tap.

http://www.obrienspub.net/bottles.php

3rdEye
08-25-2007, 01:22
Wanna see the way things should be? The guy who owns this pub taught me to brew years ago. Best bottled beer selection in the city if not the whole state and he always has special things on tap.

http://www.obrienspub.net/bottles.php

nice list....lot of Belgians

CompuDude
08-25-2007, 01:53
I don't have to cringe at watching anyone pour a proper pint into a plastic cup.

Ohh that's like watching wine go into a plastic cup! LOL no good!!!

Yah, I agree about the fearful guests.. don't want them getting so nervous they drop the glass they were being oh-so careful with, breakable or not :smiley36:
You just have to have the right crowd, I guess. :smiley2:

Jaymeany
08-25-2007, 06:18
Everclear Gatorade and fruit. Call it what you will but it will get you tanked. Back to beers. I really like Pete's Strawberry Blond on a warm summer evening.

divnhank
08-25-2007, 07:25
I've had Superior (really bad), and Bohemia (pretty good), but haven't tried that one. I'll try it next time in CZ.

porsche060
08-25-2007, 07:43
Anything above 6% is preferable

J-Cub
08-25-2007, 10:22
Water is good for me. Sometimes I get wild and have a Mountain Dew! LOL.

bversteegh
08-25-2007, 21:20
Michelobe Ultra - have to drink healthy beer:smiley36::smiley36:

yankeefan21
08-27-2007, 11:51
Shiner Bock & Blonde
Moosehead
Samuel Smith's
Dogfish Head
Linenkuegel

Budweiser Select:ssst:
Oh man! Dogfish Head quickly became my favorite brewery! Their World Wide Stout is incredible and their India Brown is the best India Brown I've ever tasted.

For you Colorado boys, The Dillon Dam Brewery's Sweet George's Brown is tasty.

On my annual pilgrimage to Cooperstown, I make sure to stop off at the Ommegang Brewery. If you ever want to try a really interesting beer, give their Three Philosophers a shot.

I'm also all over a good Heffewizen during the summer. I usually get Paulaner on tap at a local pub. Good stuff!

In the winter, I will blitzkrieg through Belgian Trappist beers.

yankeefan21
08-27-2007, 11:58
nah....Philadelphia.....i'm just into beer :)

and actually.....i started (never completed) a database and web app of beers that i've tried complete with reviews.....yep, i'm a dork
Just go ahead and join ratebeer.com - then you can put your dorkiness to good use and help the WORLD, man, the entire WORLD avoid bad beers!

greyzen
08-27-2007, 12:02
Austin people

http://www.independencebrewing.com/

Free beer on the 1st of the month.

The Amber is good
Independence is amazing
Bootlegger brown ale drink a bit of it, it grows on you fast.

loudgonzo
08-27-2007, 12:16
Negra Modelo, accept no substitutes. As cold as you can get it, always nice.

DUnder
08-27-2007, 12:48
Nothing exotic here I like Coors Light and Killans Red

rubberduck
08-27-2007, 13:45
bud light and corona

mwhities
08-27-2007, 13:55
Wellers & Coke

I thought it was "BEER" only????

I LOVE W. L. Wellers and coke. Best mixed drink since W. L. Wellers and Coke.

Michael

Black-Gorrilla
08-27-2007, 13:58
Brahma is good too, and now can be found at publix supermarkets... so thats a plus. a rather good brasilian beer.

cyclical
08-27-2007, 20:24
Guinness
Harp
Bass
Newcastle
Negra Modelo
Woodchucks
Hornsby

Skinsfan1311
08-28-2007, 11:25
Locally? (Baltimore area)

Clipper City Loose Cannon

Clipper City Peg Leg Stout

Dominion Pale Ale

I buy the Clipper City & Dominion beer in kegs and keep one one tap at home...cuz' fresh draft beer is goooooooood!! :smiley20:

Dogfish 60, or 90, minute IPA

Whenever I travel, I try to find locally brewed craft beers.

If I can't find 'em, then a good stand-by is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.....

Tableleg
08-28-2007, 16:40
Anything frmo Shiner, though I prefer the Bock.
Molson

Black-Gorrilla
08-30-2007, 00:30
oh man, at dollar beers (wed. night at iron mikes irish tavern) it's dollar beers for any domestics, and bring your own mug (so anything with a handle gets filled for a buck..)

on those nights (much like tonight) i drink amberbock... (i mean, 1$) come on!!

Capt Hook
08-30-2007, 15:14
Miller
Amstel dark

torrey
08-30-2007, 15:32
I'm not much of a beer drinker, but when I do, I lean towards the Mexican beers...Corona, Dos Equis, Modelo...with lime of course.

yankeefan21
08-31-2007, 13:02
If you ever get a chance, try Ommegang's Three Philosophers. It is a VERY unique beer [like a cross between a Belgian Ale and a Lambic - if that makes sense?] with a pleasently complex taste.

scubasamurai
08-31-2007, 13:19
a good beer is something that doesn;t look exactly the same going out as it did going down. we all know that beer and you need a lime for that. stopped drinking that right quick hahahahah

yankeefan21
08-31-2007, 13:38
I drink beer like those wackos from "Sideways" drink wine. I just LOVE good beer.

TopSully
08-31-2007, 14:29
I like to try the locals. If the locals are no good I go to canadian or mexican (no corona puhleze)

danielh03
09-03-2007, 01:48
CIDER!!!! wether its malted cider or just hard cider, cant go wrong with it! OH and NO Dickens Fruit Stand Jokes lol

timsteam
09-03-2007, 08:07
I like my own Home brew fresh beer is way better than store bought but if I have to Guinness,labatts, wexford (cream ale) and ICE COLD bud as a last resort:smiley20:

Manny-R
09-03-2007, 16:48
i wish i had time/space to brew beer. my own flavor!

Bigg_Budd
09-03-2007, 17:00
Cold. And that's not that important...

Buoyant1
09-06-2007, 11:19
Hmmmmmmbeer....

There's two good local Microbreweries here..My favorite is Troegs, my second favorite is Appalachian Brewing Company (ABC) Troegs has a KILLER beer called HopBack that's obviously very hoppy..they also have a Double Bock called Troegenator that will KILL you if you drink too much! (high content)

Other than micros...I love Newcastle Brown, I just started drinking (at a few places here) a beer called Franziskaner good stuff....default domestic? Yuengling! It's a local brew for me!

meesier42
09-06-2007, 17:19
Yuegling
Sam Adams (the entire Brewmaster Collection)
then just about any Hefewizien that I find

3rdEye
09-06-2007, 22:26
Oktoberfest season has arrived!

my personal favorite - Hofbrau

thesmoothdome
09-06-2007, 22:33
I like my own Home brew fresh beer is way better than store bought but if I have to Guinness,labatts, wexford (cream ale) and ICE COLD bud as a last resort:smiley20:

Come on man, if you're brewing you're own, you can't seriously be considering drinking BUD, even ice cold. Step away from the crack, tim....step away. It'll be alright. Just step away...

zahgurim
09-10-2007, 10:56
I like my beer the same way I like my mask skirt: BLACK.

Guinness
Heineken Dark
Stout

The one exception is Hoegaarden.

gtjason2000
09-10-2007, 11:20
I am fairly pedestrian when it comes to beer, unlike my homebrewing beer snob of a wife. I prefer the lagers and hefs especially blueberry.

foo3
09-10-2007, 11:24
Can a girl answer this?
Shiner Bock
Coors Light
<33

Scuba-Bill
09-10-2007, 11:37
Beer:
Harpoon Brewery's UFO Hefeweizen
Salva Vida

Scotch:
Oban
Johnny Walker Blue Label (I don't get much of this one...)

frankc420
09-10-2007, 11:43
http://www.tuxbro.com/mich-ultra-color-05.jpg

The only beer I could find without the piss taste :)

Scuba-Bill
09-10-2007, 11:46
http://www.tuxbro.com/mich-ultra-color-05.jpg

The only beer I could find without the piss taste :)

You've got to try more beers! :smiley11:

yankeefan21
09-10-2007, 11:46

Guinness
Heineken Dark
Stout

Have you tried Left Hand brewery's Milk Stout? GOOD stuff!

zahgurim
09-10-2007, 12:46

Guinness
Heineken Dark
Stout

Have you tried Left Hand brewery's Milk Stout? GOOD stuff!

Afraid not.
Good beer is very hard to find while in Korea. I miss Canada's micro's. :(

Black-Gorrilla
09-10-2007, 17:40
i had some warstiner octoberfest and it was great!!!

jwdizney
09-10-2007, 18:14
for beer I like Fat Tire Ale
but I really like Absolut Kurant vodka and 7up w/ a twist... refreshing!
try it!

Buc Chick
09-10-2007, 18:41
A chick's list, in no particular order:

Newcastle
Yeungling
Bass Ale

I prefer the dark beers, but I did enjoy the Amstel Brights while in Bonaire.
I also enjoy extra-dirty Belvedere martinis once in a great while!

tbush
09-12-2007, 10:53
mooses tooth heverweisen

tremtech
09-12-2007, 18:40
I'm not much of a beer drinker, but when I do, I lean towards the Mexican beers...Corona, Dos Equis, Modelo...with lime of course.
The original reason that lime was added to a bottle of Mexican beer was to keep the fly's off of the rim of the bottle (True story) now its a fad .Tecate's in country real beer not export had a bottle opener built into the bottom of the bottle . Really good Beer is usually made in small batches (Micro breweries) and with quality ingredient try them all

Osprey
09-12-2007, 21:03
Ok I just opened a bottle of Fat Tire Pale Ale and it tasted like RUBBING ALCOHOL???? I have never had it before, the seal on the bottle seemed ok.. what went wrong??

kingfish
09-12-2007, 22:53
Good ol Carlton Draught for me:fulle:

I drank it even before the big add.

Jas.

3rdEye
09-14-2007, 23:10
Ok I just opened a bottle of Fat Tire Pale Ale and it tasted like RUBBING ALCOHOL???? I have never had it before, the seal on the bottle seemed ok.. what went wrong??

fat tire amber ale?

ehh, it's a marginal ale at best....a lot of people here seem to like it for some reason....but that might just be because there's a lot of people from the colorado area here...i wasn't impressed

ScaredSilly
09-14-2007, 23:17
My own ... I home brew. Currently down in the base are a couple of Ales plus some lambic I am about to bottle after 2.5 years of conditioning.

thesmoothdome
09-14-2007, 23:18

fat tire amber ale?

ehh, it's a marginal ale at best....a lot of people here seem to like it for some reason....but that might just be because there's a lot of people from the colorado area here...i wasn't impressed

I agree 3rd eye. Fat tire isn't a bad beer at all, but nothing about it excites me and makes me think "let's make sure I get a fat tire!" New Belgium's 2 Below is another story. This beer spells winter BEER. It's a wonderfully tasty winter brew.

thesmoothdome
09-14-2007, 23:21
My own ... I home brew. Currently down in the base are a couple of Ales plus some lambic I am about to bottle after 2.5 years of conditioning.

I spent years brewing my own and thoroughly enjoy the it. I did competitions for a few years and was surprised at how good other people thought my beer to be. Unfortunately, I've slacked off over the last few years and the taps on my bar sit empty. Brewing your own is probably the most rewarding experience of being a beer drinking though.

edge900rr
09-16-2007, 16:39
Killians & Guinness:smiley20:

wxboy911
09-16-2007, 19:29
During Spring/Summer I like Corona and Fall/Winter I like Heineken.

sudnit5
09-16-2007, 22:06
I'm not much of a beer drinker, I prefer Captain and soda

CARDIVER
09-17-2007, 01:03
Sam Adams or Blue Moon.:smiley20:

Suther2136
09-17-2007, 20:34
I Wales, UK I once had a pint of "Brains", no wait I had two pints. Very nice. Also like Guinness and Kilian's

crpntr133
09-17-2007, 22:27
As long as it is cold, and dark and not light I will pretty much drink it.
Still like my Bacardi and Coke. Gotta keep those Bacardi girls working.:smiley2:

fat_aardvark
09-17-2007, 22:45
I'm not a huge beer drinker but, after a round of golf, a hot day in the yard or on the boat on the way back in from the dive it's the only thing to hit the spot. Then it just has to be fresh, crisp and COLD. So depending on where I am at the time: Coopers, Singa, TsingTao, Pilsner Urquel, Asahi, Grolsch, Steinlager...

OK, maybe I am a bit of a beer drinker.

Tod
09-19-2007, 16:49
Save the Ales!!!

I am a big fan of good pale ales. One of my favorites is Steelhead and Sierra Nevada.

Other times, I also like "red beers." Any cheapo pilsner will do and add some V8 and a green olive. Tasty.

jpep
09-19-2007, 18:03
Aside from what we can get in the US, more importantly, I have enjoyed all of the following (after done diving for the day):

When staying/diving in:

Mexico: Mondelo Negra, Leon (local Yucatan), Pacifico, Corona, Dos Equis & Victoria;

Aruba: Balashi, Amstel & Heineken;

Cayman Islands: Stingray, now Caybrew;

St. Lucia: Piton;

Jamaica: Red Stripe;

Bahamas: Kalik;

Barbados: Banks;

Dominican Republic (Punta Cana): El Presidente;

St. Kitts/Nevis: Carib (not destination specific);

Italy: Peroni & Nastro Azzurro; and

Puerto Rico: Red Stripe; Kalik; Carib; Corona.

I'm sure there are others... but a mind is a terrible thing to lose. :smiley29:

ffemt6347
09-19-2007, 18:59
Red Stripe
Corona
Dos Equis XX

Usually with a little lime.... always good!!

peteg
09-19-2007, 20:52
Shiner, Newcastle, Red Tail Ale, Guinesss, Lone Star and Olympia

diverdad
09-19-2007, 21:34
MILLER GENUINe DRAFT
COOR LIGHT
OR ANYTHING THAT IS FREE...

CompuDude
09-19-2007, 21:49
MILLER GENUINe DRAFT
COOR LIGHT
OR ANYTHING THAT IS FREE...

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!?!?

Venio
09-20-2007, 21:38
I drink whiskey, but if it has to be beer I like the Czech beers like Pilsner Urquell.

DZorn00
09-21-2007, 20:32
in my Marine Corps days it was good ol' Lucky Lager(case of 24 for 4 dollars, can't afford much on military pay), then i quickly graduated to Tequila in Tijauana, then Heineken and Heine Light is good too.

These days nothing in the world beats Jack and Coke.

DevilDiver
09-21-2007, 20:33
Free...... Cold..........

Boris42
09-28-2007, 07:47
Yuengling for everyday, it's good and cheap!

New Castle or Negro Medelo when I feel like more flavor and don't mind spending 50% more.

Aspendiver
09-29-2007, 15:18
Deschutes Mirror Pond and Red Hook ESB are my two favorites.
I had Yuengling Draft for the first time after diving in the Keys, and it sure tasted good on those hot Florida afternoons...

BobbyWombat
09-29-2007, 16:47
Anything frmo Shiner, though I prefer the Bock.
Molson

Second the vote for Shiner Bock. Nothing better w/ bar-b-que.

Also a fan of Blue Moon and Chimay.

Wndrer
09-29-2007, 16:55
paulaner hefeweisen....or corona, coors light ar like stated before...anything free and cold

Steve Scuba
09-29-2007, 18:07
I'm going to have to go with Black Butte Porter or Pauliner Martzen

Daved
09-29-2007, 18:12
Polar Beer sitting at Bongos in Bonaire

Tableleg
09-29-2007, 19:07
Free...... Cold..........Just because it's free and cold doesn't mean it's good :smiley5:. I suppose I drink for the flavor, not just for the buzz. A cold, free 'Lite' beer still doesn't taste like a good beer should. :smiley2:

Krakenn
10-06-2007, 00:30
Hmm sucking on a Tooheys Extra Dry as i read this.

Ahhh!

Das est good!

Kraks

kingfish
10-06-2007, 02:08
They are nice those...been a while since ive had one.

Jas.

bubble-head
10-06-2007, 08:44
Yuenling is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Kokomo
10-06-2007, 09:04
Red Stripe - brings back good Jamaican memories.

tbuckalew
10-06-2007, 10:00
Grew up in Germany on military bases, so I learned what REAL beer is all about at a young age (you can drink with your parents - berr and wine - at 14 in restaurants and fests).

Anyway, I don't limit myself to specific brands (there are just too many beers in the world to experience). But there are some styles that peak my interest. Mainly full lagers and dark lagers (not American style lite lagers), Weiss beers (especially dunkel weiss), and a good irish stout (think Guiness on this one).

Of course, my wife has to limit her Stella Artois intake - likes it too much and has a like of Boddingtons Ale as well.

To round out our beer experience we started home brewing many years ago. My daughter went off to college last year and so I lost my bottle capper (you know, that is a lot of work!). So, for Christmas we started kegging our beer (love my wife).

Ash0r
10-06-2007, 18:21
This has got to be the biggest thread ever... 18 freakin pages! lol.

Not much of a drinker, but when I do it's Guinness. I tried one once at the Guiness factory and it was amazing. Not really the same out of a can.

:003:

datamunk
10-06-2007, 18:46
blue moon blue moon! mmmmm

underwaterCHICA
10-06-2007, 19:13
Belgium Ale.....at home

Anthing cold:)

RoadRacer1978
10-06-2007, 19:50
Half Guiness / Half Bass

(Black and Tan)..

Otherwise I'm pretty cheap, just plain ole Budweiser.

woody
10-07-2007, 04:25
Yours!

cyclone
10-07-2007, 06:06
San Miguel Beer, Red Horse Beer, Stag Beer :smiley20: Locally made in my country.

WalkinPaul
10-07-2007, 21:08
St. Arnold's Lawn Mower, Bohemia, Negra Modelo, Shiner Bock and one from Sweden called GamalBrek (sp?) I don't think they sell it here.

UCFKnightDiver
10-09-2007, 19:44
Definetely
Yuengling
Michelob Ultra

um hard liqours I would just go w/ good ole jack daniels
oh yea not 21 either, anyone wanna send me some lol

medicdiver
10-09-2007, 23:27
Bitberger

mm2002
10-10-2007, 10:41
Negra Modelo and Corona (and no, I'm not Mexican:smiley36:)

Scubakraut
10-11-2007, 11:59
Paulaner, Warsteiner, Julius Echter, Franziskaner, Belize Belikin :smiley20:

dludwig
10-11-2007, 17:28
quit drinking almost 18 years ago but I still enjoy an O'Doul's or St Pauli Girl NA now & then :smiley36:

kyfriedchipper
10-11-2007, 17:30
Guinness

awb
10-11-2007, 18:06
Corona
Imperial - Costa Rica
Chimay- Grand reserve
Any dark GERMAN Beer

nizutz
10-14-2007, 16:24
Red Stripe. Hooooooooraaaay Beeeer!!

BuzzF117
10-14-2007, 17:53
Homer Simpson should be the moderator of this section...

Tableleg
10-14-2007, 18:24
mmmm... beer.... Ahgggghaghhaghag

culu
10-19-2007, 08:53
Hat #9
Tusker
Purple Haze
Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic

liuk3
10-19-2007, 13:07
Guiness FTW!

Z-naught
10-21-2007, 04:04
Rogue's Imperial Stout, the Emperor of Ales!

rogue.com : Rogue Brews (http://www.rogue.com/brews.html#impstout)

K8brandt
10-21-2007, 09:43
It all depends on where I am:
Wisconsin - Leinenkugels Big Butt Doppelbock
St. Maarten - Carib
Roatan - Salva Vida
Egypt - Sakara

at home, it's vodka & cranberry juice.

mitsuguy
10-21-2007, 09:49
more of a liquor guy here myself...

vodka redbull, jack and coke are my favorites...

but if beer is around, I'll drink most any...

floater
10-21-2007, 10:44
My all time favorite: Caffrey's (Irish, similar consistency to guiness but less dark)

Try it if you can find it. Some of the beer shop in Philly told me they stopped importing it to the US, but who knows...

I also like the Japanese beer Asahi (super dry?).

But I mostly drink Bud Lite because it's cheap.

Big Mike
10-21-2007, 13:36
Dos XX Amber, "Silk" Vodka, "Don Julio" tequila. But I'm not much of a beer person.

Clanggedin
10-22-2007, 14:52
Vanilla Coke is my Beer.... I thad a rum and coke once, but the rum ruined the taste of the Coke.

I'll just stick with Vanilla Coke from now on.

cheebaweebie
10-22-2007, 14:53
Bud Light all the way with an occasional coors light mixed in

PepeDiver
10-22-2007, 15:42
Bud Light usually...
Yuengling when I'm in PA. Haven't managed to find it in Missouri yet.
Wife bought some of that Miller Chill a while back....didn't kill me.........

gibson1525
10-23-2007, 14:52
my top 5:

1-free beer
2-blue moon-i can't resist that rocky mountain goodness
3-boulevard wheat-kansas city's finest
4-a tie between Stella and turks head
5-rouge-hazelnut brown

nimeister
10-23-2007, 16:41
samuel adams winter lager
guiness dark
:smiley20:

Medic506
10-23-2007, 18:33
Shiner Bock, Sam Adams, Negro Modelo. Anything but the mega beer giants unless its free and cold of course.

scubamike
10-23-2007, 18:35
Stella Artois (I am having this right now... ahhhhhhhhhhhh)
Wood Pecker Cider
Qwak (Belgium)

chip
10-24-2007, 11:58
I think a better local type beer is City Beer from Pittsburg.

RikRaeder
10-25-2007, 07:52
Here in Japan it's all about Kirin Draft. Yeah Baby! Good stuff specifically formulated to compliment Japanese cuisine. Back home I'm fond of Ales and Stouts, particularly Drake's Ale (forget those hippy microbrews).

redneckdiver52
10-25-2007, 08:15
Boulevard Wheat brewed in Kansas City. This is one of the best micro brew beers I have ever run across. Good beer to have with some barbeque.:smiley20:

3rdEye
10-25-2007, 15:37
Here in Japan it's all about Kirin Draft. Yeah Baby! Good stuff specifically formulated to compliment Japanese cuisine. Back home I'm fond of Ales and Stouts, particularly Drake's Ale (forget those hippy microbrews).

Try some Hitachino Ales while you're there.....good stuff.

divermo
10-25-2007, 16:20
I prefer XX

TRACI
10-25-2007, 16:24
Well, Budlight in the states, XX on the beach in Mexico

kenmendes
10-26-2007, 09:56
Mgd
Bud Light
Corona

fyrediver
10-26-2007, 10:18
yuinglin????? c'mon, I've tried that swill countless times; you 'linger guys all confuse me, but if thats what you like, respect to that. I like lots of different beers. Hardy, or darks in the winter, and light watery beers in the heat. As I'm stationed in Curacao for four months, and getting my dive classes all here. ( YEAH BOYEEEEE!!) we've been tasting the carib area beers, and they are SO tasty. One beer; Amstel Bright. It makes Corona taste like kool-aid. Polar, is just so good, clean crisp, watery for the heat. You can pound em' all day, no hang over or full belly. Oh, and the diving is real good here, or at least better than back in ohio :)

auvie
10-31-2007, 15:51
Storm Irish Red Ale

Storm is a microbrewery here in St. John's that brew truly amazing handcrafted ales... you'll have to make a trip to Newfoundland to try it, however...

couped243
11-01-2007, 05:34
I like Heineken Light...Can't wait to get home and have one. When that's not available then Amstel light, Corona. Right now I'll take anything though!!!! hahahaha

johnod
11-01-2007, 08:00
Jaymeany: Magic Had is the best beers in the world.

russp
11-01-2007, 14:59
Tecate with food (not sure why), Bud if only drinking.

robjoubert
11-01-2007, 15:06
In order of preference:

Castle
Windhoek
Amstel

PsychDiver
11-06-2007, 15:58
Homemade Rootbeer - you can't beat it - you can dive anytime on it, it is fresh and you don't wake up having done something really stupid.

jpsexton
11-09-2007, 08:08
Guinness
Negro Modela
Homebrew I've made myself

scubaculture
11-09-2007, 08:11
Castle
Windhoek
Amstel

Difficult to find those here though.

Not much of a beer drinker myself, stick to Bud light if I do have one though. Done the whole brewery tour thing here in St Louis though and thats pretty interesting

riopenguino
11-09-2007, 13:45
There's a regional beer up in the Northwest called Alaskan Amber and it is my absolute favorite, if you should ever encounter it try it

superkingkong
11-09-2007, 20:18
Heineken for me :icon_smile_cool:

Xspect
11-09-2007, 20:21
purple haze
albita amber

alpine
11-09-2007, 20:58
Arrogant Bastard. Mmmmm.... hoppy....

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
11-13-2007, 17:07
when it's warm out, anything refreshing. When it's cool out anything dark. Definitely not a snob. Dringing a Warsteiner Dunkel right now. :drinkA:

Bryanmc
11-13-2007, 17:48
In order of preference....
Free and Cold
Free
Cold
:smiley20:

aggie99
11-15-2007, 16:58
A boddington's at the Old Monk!

And it just so happens to be 5pm on Thursday, let the weekend drinking begin!!!!

robjoubert
11-15-2007, 23:28
Castle
Windhoek
Amstel

Difficult to find those here though.

Not much of a beer drinker myself, stick to Bud light if I do have one though. Done the whole brewery tour thing here in St Louis though and thats pretty interesting

Our local BevMo (Beverages and More) stocks all three :smiley20:
But runs out of Castle at times. We also have a South African pub that stocks them - along with biltong, samoosas and curry

johnG
11-15-2007, 23:59
Where I am, a Hite.
Or whatever you buy, good for me.
I can't believe how snobish divers can be.... Is diving an elite sport?

scubaaaronh
11-16-2007, 07:00
Guiness,
Killians red,
Linenkugels creamy dark ale (favorite)
negra modelo
Polar
amstel bright ( cant wait to go back to bonaire)

cmburch
03-16-2008, 10:46
I like a good hearty beer like Guinness or Mississippi Mud (Trader Joes) with Sunday Brunch. I prefer Coors on a warm day for lunch with a sandwich. My other favorite beers are Dave Wall's Home brew, Dana Bruce's Home brew, Corona, Dos XX, Anchor Steam, Samuel Smith, Gordon Biersch and Sierra Nevada.

FyVe
03-16-2008, 10:51
I like a good hearty beer like Guinness

you got the hearty part right, like a full dinner in a bottle! that stuff is filling.

divergirl
03-16-2008, 20:31
heineken/sleemans/granville island pale ale

SkuaSeptember
03-17-2008, 14:37
My home brew Oatmeal Stout!
Smithwicks
Newcastle Brown
Sam Adams Boston
Molson Golden

cmburch
03-17-2008, 14:48
My home brew Oatmeal Stout!
Smithwicks
Newcastle Brown
Sam Adams Boston
Molson Golden
One of my favorites is Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout. My friend gave me his beer making equipment. I will have to get the recipe from you when I get it set-up.

JTMoney
03-17-2008, 14:49
Sam Adams Light
Guiness Draught

emcbride81
03-17-2008, 15:20
The one in front of me at the time, or the next one coming...

MicahEW
03-17-2008, 17:16
BL, Natty Light (im in college), Yuengling, blue moon+an orange slice, coors light.

been known to do Colt45 with a BL chaser lol

DollFin
03-17-2008, 19:16
Ah, here's a "man" topic this chick can get in on!!

My basic philosophy of beer is if you can see through it, don't bother ESPECIALLY if it has the word "Lite" in the name. I love trying anything micro or just "locally" brewed, I LOVE Yuengling which I was surprised to find in Florida since I have saw outside of Philly before. Anchor Steam, Leinenkugel, etc... Abita here in New Orleans... has anyone ever heard of Grimbergen? It's from Belgium and I got hooked on it at a local pub I used to frequent when I lived in Boston but I haven't been able to find it for years!

JTMoney
03-17-2008, 21:17
BL, Natty Light (im in college), Yuengling, blue moon+an orange slice, coors light.

been known to do Colt45 with a BL chaser lol

I thought it was what you like, not what your budget makes you drink.:smiley2:

carriersanders
03-17-2008, 21:26
I love Blue Moon, Yuengling, and Sam Adams especially Cherry Wheat...the older I get the more I want a better tasting beer, not just the (Bud Light or place any watered down beer here) of highschool

SHAGGY
03-18-2008, 09:20
Typically,...... "FREE BEER",.... is my favorite beer.

shaggy

Don Wray
03-18-2008, 09:32
Anything with the word "beer" in the name. I love to try locally brewed beers when traveling.

Byte Me
03-18-2008, 12:44
Mmmmm...beer!

Big fan of Leinenkugel's - especially their Red and Octoberfest. Their Summer Shandy is also surprisingly good - I didn't think I'd like a Shandy. Same with their Sunset Wheat. I'm not usually a wit beer drinker but the Sunset is veery nice! If you like Blue Moon you should give this one a try! YUMMY!

Pilsner Urquell is another fantastic beer - the original pilsner! Difficult to find but delicious is Tyskie - a Polish beer that's got a great hoppy character to it.

Henry Weinhards Blue Boar and IPA are great if I get to travel out west. The IPA is new and wow it was good. Plenty of hops but very drinkable - unlike some that seem to only want to see how high they can get the IBUs!!

My day to day beer though is Miller Lite.

chris in the socal
03-18-2008, 14:08
beers a waist and it tastes horrible. just drink the hard booze. I like a good hard drink any day.