PDA

View Full Version : Thailand March-April 2009

Desert_Diver
04-18-2009, 06:14
We just returned from Thailand where we spent two weeks diving Phi Phi Island, Similan Islands and the Surin Islands. Phi Phi was a day dive trip with Moskito Divers. The Similans and Surin Islands were with the Phil Kade live aboard and Aquamarine Divers.

While we were in the Surin Islands, we did Richelieu (sp?) Rock. That's where I saw my first whale shark. One of the guys with us has posted his video of the encounter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3xJkYnyoI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3xJkYnyoI)

We also saw manta rays, leopard sharks and countless great macro stuff.

I have not yet finished my still photos but will post them on my Facebook account when I'm done.

Art

chinacat46
04-18-2009, 07:10
Thnx Art. Glad to hear you had a good time. Did you meet any "interesting" women there?

Write on my wall when you get your pics up on Facebook.

Desert_Diver
04-18-2009, 11:37
Thnx Art. Glad to hear you had a good time. Did you meet any "interesting" women there?

We did spend time in the Patpong district. However, two of the divers with us were women. There are other things for sale in the Patpong, so they informed us that they would accompany us in order to shop. This was in the evening. The "bars" leave thier doors open and the stage is right near the doors so you can get free peeks. I must have tarried too long at one place because one of the mamma-sans came out and grabbed me. She was pulling me into the bar (and I offerred sort of token resistance). Then the two diver ladies arrived at the full charge. Got into a screaming match with the mamma-san. But to tell the truth, I wasn't following the arguement too closely. I was MOST impressed with the girls on stage.

It ended when one of the women from Salt Lake City got hold of my ear and drug me back out into the street. (sigh) She explained to me later that the people on stage weren't women. <shrug> But they sure looked authentic to me.

Art

Quero
04-19-2009, 01:33
... and you didn't even give me a shout!
Glad you enjoyed your stay in the LOS. Come back soon.

Travelnsj
04-19-2009, 08:29
So Art is there a trip report to follow?....besides your fascination with the girls...or I mean guys....or whatever:smilie39:

Post some pics here not on Facebook!

Lulubelle
04-19-2009, 08:43
While we were in the Surin Islands, we did Richelieu (sp?) Rock. That's where I saw my first whale shark. One of the guys with us has posted his video of the encounter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3xJkYnyoI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3xJkYnyoI)

I have not yet finished my still photos but will post them on my Facebook account when I'm done.

Art

Great video, thanks, please post a few pics here too. Glad your female companions saved you from yourself!

Desert_Diver
04-19-2009, 09:44
... and you didn't even give me a shout!
Glad you enjoyed your stay in the LOS. Come back soon.

Quero-

Our time in Pkuket was strictly regulated. We came in on the ferry from Phi Phi (and that is a place that was more than just a dive destination) and went immediately to Aquamarine Divers. After we did the liability paperwork, we were taken immediately to the dock and left on the live aboard.

When we returned (we were a tad late because there was a bad storm on out last dive day, April 9, and instead of just pressing on, the captain sheltered in some islands), we barely had time to get to the airport to catch our Bangkok flights on the morning of the tenth. We had intended to drop off some Scubaboard Sticker to you, but schedule ran away with us. PM your snail mail address and I will send them.

We want to thank you for your advice about our Bangkok stay. We used your recommended hotel. It was great. It was right on the track of the elevated railroad. Travel by tuk-tuk and taxi was slow at best. The elevated train zoomed right around and was completely unaffected by the poliltical disturbances that we going on our last two days. And there were a million Thai and Chinese hole in the wall resteraunts right around the hotel. Every night, our group would go in and order 5-6 dishes with a bowl of rice for each individual. We would then pass those dishes around so everybody got a portion. Thai food rocks.

On those last couple of off gassing days, we did Bridge Over the River Kwai, the Floating Market, and the market right by the river at the end of the el line(On Nut?). We did at least two wat tours, Wat Pho (Reclining Buddah) and Wat Arin (the one with a gazillion VERY narrow steps to the top). We spent and evening in the Patpong district shopping. Was THAT ever an eye opener for a farm boy from Kansas!

We found the Thai people to be delightful and very friendly. I'm really glad we did this trip. And thanks for you help.

Art

Desert_Diver
04-19-2009, 09:48
So Art is there a trip report to follow?....besides your fascination with the girls...or I mean guys....or whatever:smilie39:

Post some pics here not on Facebook!

You would have loved it. There was a storm the last dive day/night. You would have spent the whole time leaning over the rail. :smilie39:

I will try to post pics on ScubaToys but I'm not sure exactly how. I will ask when I have the photos ready. I will do the trip report at the same time.

And just to make you feel bad, those Thai girls were OUTSTANDING. Unfortunately, we took chaperones with us. :smiley19:

But a great trip never the less.

Art

Desert_Diver
04-19-2009, 09:52

Art

Great video, thanks, please post a few pics here too. Glad your female companions saved you from yourself!

I will do it for no other reason that to keep Travelnsj and Chinacat from whining. :smilie39:

And only a female would have expressed herself that way. Just what is it that makes women even THINK we want to be saved from ourselves? :smiley5:

Art

chinacat46
04-19-2009, 09:59
Art,

I'll be happy with pics either or both places. Also remember your buddy check.

BWRAF - Bangok Women Really are Fellows. LOL

Travelnsj
04-19-2009, 10:13
Art just go to advanced and manage attachments and browse to find the pics to upload.

Why would I of enjoyed the trip?...a trip report will fill in a lot of the blanks:smiley20:....I have looked at Thailand and most people compare it to Malaysia diving which I been there done that and not to impressed. People who have dove Raja and Palau who have dove Thailand have not been favorable in their comparison....thus I have not gone.....I'll look forward to that trip report:smiley20:

But please leave out the BWRAF info.....PM that to ChinaCat:smilie39:

chinacat46
04-19-2009, 12:41
Yeah no problem Art, PM me the funny stuff. I'm always up for a good laugh.

Lulubelle
04-19-2009, 12:55
I will do it for no other reason that to keep Travelnsj and Chinacat from whining. :smilie39:

And only a female would have expressed herself that way. Just what is it that makes women even THINK we want to be saved from ourselves? :smiley5:

Art

It was just my wishful thinking that you wanted to be saved from getting entertwined with the "he who would be she" types that had you so intrigued. If that is your bag, you needn't go so far for it. Try Chelsea, NYC. I'll never look as good in a dress as some of those guys.

Quero
04-19-2009, 13:33
I'm really glad we did this trip. And thanks for you help.

Art

My pleasure, Art. I hope our paths cross again at some point, and that next time we are at the crossing simultaneously :smiley16:

gee
04-19-2009, 20:34
That's one of the funniest stories I've read on ST. Thanks for sharing it.

We did spend time in the Patpong district. However, two of the divers with us were women. There are other things for sale in the Patpong, so they informed us that they would accompany us in order to shop. This was in the evening. The "bars" leave thier doors open and the stage is right near the doors so you can get free peeks. I must have tarried too long at one place because one of the mamma-sans came out and grabbed me. She was pulling me into the bar (and I offerred sort of token resistance). Then the two diver ladies arrived at the full charge. Got into a screaming match with the mamma-san. But to tell the truth, I wasn't following the arguement too closely. I was MOST impressed with the girls on stage.

It ended when one of the women from Salt Lake City got hold of my ear and drug me back out into the street. (sigh) She explained to me later that the people on stage weren't women. <shrug> But they sure looked authentic to me.

Art

hychang
04-20-2009, 09:18
Seriously cool encounter! Thanks for sharing your video of it!! I hope to get to dive in Thailand... someday!

We just returned from Thailand where we spent two weeks diving Phi Phi Island, Similan Islands and the Surin Islands. Phi Phi was a day dive trip with Moskito Divers. The Similans and Surin Islands were with the Phil Kade live aboard and Aquamarine Divers.

Art

Desert_Diver
04-25-2009, 11:43
I still haven't finished my photos, but another guy in our group has posted his. These represent both underwater and top side activites. I only wish there were some way to have samples of the Thai food in this message too.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=2045831898&album_id=108582902 (http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=2045831898&album_id=108582902)

Art

Travelnsj
04-25-2009, 12:00
So....is the Trip Report to accompany the photos?:smiley2:....LOL

cutter77
04-25-2009, 14:11
Thanks for the pics....would love to see your trip report when you get a chance. Thailand seems like a bargain, even with the economic problems currently.

(What's the red coloring on the turtle...???)

gee
04-25-2009, 18:14
I enjoyed the pictures from whoever took them. Please post yours here as well. I can't get enough Thai pictures!

CompuDude
04-25-2009, 20:22
Thailand rocks! I can't wait until I can get back there.

Did you have any banana roti? Mmmm...

kat
04-25-2009, 23:03
I'l like to visit there sometime.

Desert_Diver
04-26-2009, 22:21
Trip Report
Thailand, March 29 to April 14

One of the worst aspects of the trip is the miserably long flight. Salt Lake to Los Angeles to Seoul (Inchon) to Bangkok to Krabi. There we boarded a ferry for Phi Phi Island. Our original plan was to use Phi Phi to make the jet lag adjustment and get in a few day boar dives. Phi Phi turned out to be a delightful destination in its own right. There are no roads, just sidewalks. And little canvas topped shops that sell everything a tourist can imagine. There was a surprisingly large contingent of European backpackers on the island too.

We dove with Moskito Divers. Because of the cost of fuel, several dive ops would send their own DMs and customers out on Moskito’s boat, the Nautica. Each group dove independently but at times, the dive sites were a little crowded. We dove a car ferry wreck, the King Cruiser, that had a fair amount of current and poor visibility. We dove at the site of “The Beach”. I have never seen the movie, but several of our group commented that it looked much bigger in the movie. We wanted to dive at Hin Daeng and Hin Muang, but because of the distance, the dive shop needed a minimum number of divers. We didn’t have enough so we dove closer to Phi Phi. The diving was decent. Our DM, Champ, was entertaining and did a good job of pointing out critters.

On April 3rd, we took the ferry to Phuket where we were met by a van and taken to Aqua Marine divers which operates the Phil Kade live aboard. We stopped at a liquor store/grocery store for personal stocks of whatever. We boarded the live aboard and cast off. Just as we left the dock, the Thai crew shot off firecrackers on the bow to scare away any demons in order to guarantee a safe trip.

We worked our way north diving multiple sites, first in the Similan Islands and then in the Surin Islands. It was at Richelieu Rock that we saw our whale shark. Our dive sites varied from boring sand and current to absolutely fantastic. We had currents at most of our dive sites, and the DMs made sure everyone had an SMB. The Phil Kade had two Zodiacs, rigid hull inflatable dinghies. Entry to the water was via back roll. Getting back into the Zodiac was a little more athletic. When you got to the Zodiac, you doffed your BC and cameras and handed them to the boat boy. The you grasped a rope (hung like bunting down the side of the Zodiac) with both hands, submerge, kick like crazy and pull yourself up so that your belly was at the same level as the inflatable side. You then laid forward and rotated on your belly so that you could straddle the inflated side of the boat. At that point, you take off fins and mask and get fully into the boat. I generally looked like a flounder beaching while doing this. Others accomplished it with more grace.

The Phil Kade is a more gilt edged live aboard that I’m used to. The appointments were quite nice and the boat well kept. The crew was friendly and helpul although their English was limited (but much better than my Thai). At first we dove in two distinct groups, each with their own DM. After a couple of dives, some of our divers got a little peeved with their DMs. As a consequence, the groups really did not remain cohesive. Dive buddies would split off and guide their own dive. Since most of our divers had from 200 to 600 dives under their belts, the DMs did not object. If you’re going to do this, I recommend that you practice deploying your SMB at the safety stop.

I give high marks to the boat crew. I would give the DMs a more average grade. More than once, they misjudged the direction of the current when we were going to descend on buoy lines. As a consequence, we back rolled off the Zodiacs down current from the line. That caused us to use valuable gas fight the current back to the buoy line for the descent. With just a couple of exceptions, the dives were great. Lots to see. Much to photograph. And things improved when the DMs let us roam on our own. We saw lots of large stuff like leopard sharks, mantas, and at least one whale shark. There were swim throughs, and rock piles with lots of nooks and crannies for octopus, lobster, crab and shrimp. Some of the dive sites were virtual nudibranch ranches. Dive sites get high marks. The food was good and very international in nature. There was some Thai food, but lots of other stuff. Breakfast tended to be American (omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, and ham). Snacks after dives. Usually there hot drinks after night/dusk dives.

Weather was good. Highs in the mid nineties (F) and lots of humidity. If you did a tour in the Nam, you’ll know what to expect. We did have a storm our last night. The captain hove to and anchored in the shelter of some islands. I didn’t think it was that rough, but I don’t tend to be subject to sea sickness either.

We docked on Friday morning and had to beat feet to catch our Bangkok flight. We stayed at a hotel Quero recommended. It was within half a block of the elevated railway. Taxis and tuk tuks are very slow because traffic is always heavy. We had no trouble on the elevated train. We saw two temples, Wat Pho and Wat Arun (home to the reclining Buddah). We toured several market areas to include the Floating Market. If you love to barter, Thailand is your place. The people were happy and friendly and very accommodating. We had a great time. We also toured the Bridge over the River Kwai and the British and Australian military cemeteries. Bangkok is about as exotic a place as you can go. You will definitely know you aren’t Kansas any more.

I had a great time. I would go to Thailand again although I’m not sure I would use the same dive op this time.

Art

Travelnsj
04-26-2009, 22:46
Great report Art. What were the water temps?.....and if you had a choice...Palau or Thailand (diving only of course)?

Quero
04-27-2009, 04:00
Nice report, Art. Glad you enjoyed Thailand, and next time you come, maybe you can fit in a few dives with me.

For those interested in coming to the Andaman for diving, I'm based right here on Phuket Island and am willing to help.

Desert_Diver
04-27-2009, 09:05
Great report Art. What were the water temps?.....and if you had a choice...Palau or Thailand (diving only of course)?

Water temps at depth were usually around 85 degrees F.

Tough call on which destination I would go back to first.

Both share my distaste for long airplane rides.
Both share very friendly natives.
Both share great diving and both big stuff and excellant macro stuff.
Both share significant current.

I guess the deciding factor has to be that Thailand had a few dives that weren't great. All of Palau's dives were great except the first one where the dive staff is testing your dive skills (with our without your congnizance). :smilie39:

I think Thailand may hold an edge in one area. The surface interval, or off gassing day has a lot more interestig stuff than Palau. That, and I really deveoped a taste for Thai food. :smiley20:

Art

Desert_Diver
04-27-2009, 09:05
Nice report, Art. Glad you enjoyed Thailand, and next time you come, maybe you can fit in a few dives with me.

For those interested in coming to the Andaman for diving, I'm based right here on Phuket Island and am willing to help.

It's a deal.

Art

Travelnsj
04-27-2009, 09:20

Art

Now we need to get you to go to SoWrong and do Raja Ampat:smiley20:

chinacat46
04-27-2009, 10:38

Art

Now we need to get you to go to SoWrong and do Raja Ampat:smiley20:

Scott I've got you and my TA calling it SoWrong maybe it will catch on!

Art thanx for the report. The last time I was in Thailand was before I was diving. Been meaning to go back. I think we all hate long flights but these days the TSA and airlines even make the short ones a pain. Of course you aren't cooped up in a plane on a short trip but I remember when airlines treated you as a valued customer instead of cattle. I think those days are gone forever. :smiley21:

Travelnsj
04-27-2009, 10:43
Scott I've got you and my TA calling it SoWrong maybe it will catch on!

Well when you are right.....You are...now if we can only get Google Maps to change the spelling:smiley20:

chinacat46
05-13-2009, 16:44
Art was just on Facebook checking out your pics. You got lots of pics but none of Thailand. Whasssssuppp?

Desert_Diver
05-14-2009, 13:08
I have an employer who pays decently but has unwarrentedly high expectations on the amount of time I spend at work. :smiley19:

I will get them up. Eventually. :smiley13:

Travelnsj
05-14-2009, 21:05
I'd like to see some pics also:smilie40:....not on Facebook here on ST:smiley20:

chinacat46
05-15-2009, 09:24
I'd like to see them here or there. The guy makes a fuss after I haven't posted pics after a week and he has been back over two months. Guess he has unwarrentedly high expectations of my time.

Travelnsj
05-15-2009, 09:56
I'd like to see them here or there. The guy makes a fuss after I haven't posted pics after a week and he has been back over two months. Guess he has unwarrentedly high expectations of my time.

I understand where you are coming from....But when was the last time you held a Job?!!!!

chinacat46
05-15-2009, 09:58

I understand where you are coming from....But when was the last time you held a Job?!!!!

March of 2007:smiley2:. Hey but I'm gonna seriously start looking for some work when I get back from Grenada. So don't expect pictures for a few months ART!

Desert_Diver
05-15-2009, 10:26
Travelnsj had very kindly posted one of my pics. It is the Japanaese light tank that was destroyed on the outskirts of the air field on Peilelieu. And there is no need to point out that it was taken two trips ago. I refuse to rush into projects and make mistakes. :anim_kill:

Art

Travelnsj
05-15-2009, 10:59
Travelnsj had very kindly posted one of my pics. It is the Japanaese light tank that was destroyed on the outskirts of the air field on Peilelieu.
Art

You are accusing me of Plagiarizing your Photo?????....That is my photo!....I was just trying to defend you and explain to Chinacat why you have not got pics posted...because your work once in awhile and I think Once in a While is probably correct.....now no excuses.....get some pics posted!!!!:smilie40:

chinacat46
05-15-2009, 11:55
Travelnsj had very kindly posted one of my pics. It is the Japanaese light tank that was destroyed on the outskirts of the air field on Peilelieu.
Art

You are accusing me of Plagiarizing your Photo?????....That is my photo!....I was just trying to defend you and explain to Chinacat why you have not got pics posted...because your work once in awhile and I think Once in a While is probably correct.....now no excuses.....get some pics posted!!!!:smilie40:

So Scott when was the last time you had a real job?

Travelnsj
05-15-2009, 11:58
Uhhhh....Uhhhhh.....a while ago........closed my corp last year so technically....LOL

chinacat46
05-15-2009, 12:27
Well my corp still exists so technically...

chinacat46
05-15-2009, 12:30
Art

Don't worry Art he changes his avatar so frequently you can still post your pic.

Travelnsj
05-15-2009, 15:41
Don't worry Art he changes his avatar so frequently you can still post your pic.

Be nice if he posted any Pic:smilie40:

But I am surprised he identified where my Avatar is from in Peilelieu....or as most people say it Peleliu:smilie39:

Desert_Diver
05-16-2009, 11:07
Art

Nope. Not picking on you. Not accusing you of plagarizing. But sometimes, when the sharks are circling, you can throw a unobservant fellow diver into the water to divert the sharks attention. :smilie39:

Desert_Diver
05-16-2009, 11:10

Be nice if he posted any Pic:smilie40:

But I am surprised he identified where my Avatar is from in Peilelieu....or as most people say it Peleliu:smilie39:

Engineers have a Special Papal Dispensation that excuses them from the necessity and triviality of proper spelling. :smiley21:

Art :smilie39:

Desert_Diver
05-16-2009, 11:12
Oh, by the way. I think I'm going to do a trip in 2011. One week aboard the Aggressor in Palau (I think this is my favorite dive trip) and one week in Chuuk (Truk) aboard the Oddysee. (I don't think that looks right. Refer to my last post).

Art

chinacat46
05-16-2009, 11:18
Oh, by the way. I think I'm going to do a trip in 2011. One week aboard the Aggressor in Palau (I think this is my favorite dive trip) and one week in Chuuk (Truk) aboard the Oddysee. (I don't think that looks right. Refer to my last post).

Art

It's your favorite trip cuz you ain't been to Lembeh or Raja Ampat yet.:smiley20:

Travelnsj
05-16-2009, 13:55

Art

What happened to 2010?....I'm already planning Palau in the spring and hopefully the Antares (LOB) in Raja fall of 2010.

Travelnsj
05-21-2009, 23:56
Guess we will never see any pics???:smiley13:

Desert_Diver
05-22-2009, 08:11

Art

What happened to 2010?....I'm already planning Palau in the spring and hopefully the Antares (LOB) in Raja fall of 2010.

Having never been in capatilistic management class, I always have to plan my life as a member of the oppressed prolotariat class. Which means I have to limit my expensive Pacific dives to every other year or so. As you will immediately point out, I took three expensive Pacific trips in a row (Fiji, Palau/Yap, and Thailand). So I'm going to have to suffer for a while.

With that said, Least Daughter (who got me into diving in the first place) looked at the Thailand video of the whale shark and a few of the pictures I sent to her (not to rub it in or anything). And she decided it is time for me to take Least Daughter and Favorite Granddaughter on a trip to some sunny port. It turns out that Golden Reef In in Bonaire (I will not even attempt to spell the city name) is having a special on $65 per night rooms through October. Plus they have an on staff baby sitter for watching four year olds while the adults are diving. Couple this with Cisco Systems having an enforced, mandatory vacation between July 26 and October 26 (don't ask- it's a Bean Counter Thing), we all three may go to Bonaire. My daughter has been out of the water for about 5 years so I don't want to take her on a Seal Team 6 type dive. Bonaire has good reefs, very little current, and lots of pretty reef fish. No serious walls where a newby can sink into the Deep Blue if they don't pay attention to gauges, etc, etc. Over all, it's a good place for her to get back in the water after a serious lay off. Plus I get a chance to play with Favorite Granddaughter during surface intervals. They both live in the People's Republic of Kal-Lee-Forn-Ya so I don't get to see them as much as I would like.

Art

Desert_Diver
05-22-2009, 08:16

Some day. But no promises.

Is that avatar a shot of the Palau Pacific Resort? We only stayed there one night because the plane gets in so late. (We were headed for the Palau Aggressor). They have a whole staff of gardners who take care of the exotic equatorial wild flowers on the campus. Very pretty place.

Art

Travelnsj
05-22-2009, 09:04

Is that avatar a shot of the Palau Pacific Resort?

Art

Nope....Heron Island....now that is where to take your grand daughter!....Cisco systems:smiley21::smiley21::smiley21:.....what I have lost on that stock I could of gone to Palau 10 times, Flying FC and staying at the PPR....Grrrrrrrrrr

Want WhaleSharks?....go to Hobox Island largest gathering in the world:smiley20:

chinacat46
05-22-2009, 09:20
Damn Scott I made a ton on Cisco. You know you have to buy low and sell high.

Desert_Diver
05-23-2009, 10:48

Yup. Just like Barbarian basic training. Rape, loot, pillage and burn. But you have to do it in the right order. :smiley20:

Art

chinacat46
05-23-2009, 11:45

Yup. Just like Barbarian basic training. Rape, loot, pillage and burn. But you have to do it in the right order. :smiley20:

Art

Well you could sell high and then buy low(short sale)

Travelnsj
05-23-2009, 19:36
I have a few choice words for John Chambers!

chinacat46
05-23-2009, 19:46

He speaks kindly of you! :smilie39:

Travelnsj
05-23-2009, 22:25

He speaks kindly of you! :smilie39:

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:....that was good....but he needs to be tarred and feathered!

Back to the Thread....WHERE ARE THE PICS????????!!!!!!!!!!!

chinacat46
06-14-2009, 14:54
Art, am I gonna have my Grenada & SVG pics posted before you post pics from this trip?

Travelnsj
06-14-2009, 18:48
Art, am I gonna have my Grenada & SVG pics posted before you post pics from this trip?

Well if I were a betting man...my money would be on you:smiley20:

chinacat46
06-14-2009, 19:25

Yeah I'm about 60% done. Should have then up tomorrow or Tuesday.

Desert_Diver
06-14-2009, 21:01

:smiley19:

OK. (background music- Hearts & Flowers)(very faint sound effects- a girl crying) On the Thailand trip, while climbing back into the zodiac, I managed to get a herniated disc. For the uninitiated, that means sitting hurts, staning hurts, walking hurts. I have been on anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants and heavy duty pain meds. Within the last two weeks they have also started me on physical therapy. If I use a heating pad, I can actually sit for a half hour or so before it gets to me. But I HAVE been working on the pictures. I hope to have them up within a week.

Art

PS Please, no sympathy cards. Anything with a California or Colorado return address automatically gets soaked in water for 24 hours before openng. :smilie39:

chinacat46
06-15-2009, 07:32
Blame on the zodiac will you. It wasn't all those years of sitting wrong in a chair at work was it?

Desert_Diver
06-15-2009, 09:44
I suspect that it had something to do with:
(multiple choice, and you can choose more than one answer)

A. fat
B. old guy who thinks he's still 19
C. sedentary life style when not diving

(sigh)

Art

Travelnsj
06-15-2009, 18:32
Glad i did not bet against ChinaCat....when was it you got back Chuck?

chinacat46
06-15-2009, 18:44
I got back Sunday June 7th.

Art my pics are posted here: http://forum.scubatoys.com/caribbean-central-america/24167-grenada-svg-trip-report-5-29-6-6-a.html I'll probably do Facebook tomorrow and post even more pics there.

Desert_Diver
06-16-2009, 00:09
It was very close. But you beat me.

I have finished the Thailand Topside pictures. They are posted on my Facebook page; Arthur Garvin. I had no idea that I had taken so many pictures. There were probably a thousand Top Side pics (not all published on Facebood- only about 40 or so). And there must be 1500 Thailand Underwater pics. (None published on Facebook yet).

Some of the divers in the pictures don't hang out on Scuba Toys, but if your interested in their profiles you can find them on either Scubaboard.com or Zendiving.com.

Art

Travelnsj
06-16-2009, 00:40
"it was very close"?....hmmmm....Art understand I'm not on his side....but he did get back 7 days ago:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:...anyway who was that topless lady in your photos?:smiley2:

chinacat46
06-16-2009, 06:50
It was very close. But you beat me.

I have finished the Thailand Topside pictures. They are posted on my Facebook page; Arthur Garvin. I had no idea that I had taken so many pictures. There were probably a thousand Top Side pics (not all published on Facebood- only about 40 or so). And there must be 1500 Thailand Underwater pics. (None published on Facebook yet).

Some of the divers in the pictures don't hang out on Scuba Toys, but if your interested in their profiles you can find them on either Scubaboard.com or Zendiving.com.

Art

Well Art it was close but I took over 1500 underwater pics as well. So when do we get to see the UW photos. Plz don't tell us you spent all this time on the topside photos. :smiley29:

Desert_Diver
06-16-2009, 13:39
Well Art it was close but I took over 1500 underwater pics as well. So when do we get to see the UW photos. Plz don't tell us you spent all this time on the topside photos. :smiley29:

It has occurred to me that as well as you nag, you would make someone a fine wife. :hvisketiske:

chinacat46
06-16-2009, 13:52

It has occurred to me that as well as you nag, you would make someone a fine wife. :hvisketiske:

I'm a pretty good cook too! I grew up in the resturant biz. :smilie39::smilie39:

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 07:40

If I recall it was you who started all this nagging to begin with back on one of my previous trips. So I was doing it to you just so you would know how it feels. I guess you won't be bothering me in the future since you don't seem to like be nagged either. :smiley32::smiley32::smiley32:

Desert_Diver
06-18-2009, 09:06
If I recall it was you who started all this nagging to begin with back on one of my previous trips. So I was doing it to you just so you would know how it feels. I guess you won't be bothering me in the future since you don't seem to like be nagged either. :smiley32::smiley32::smiley32:

What in world made you think that logic has anything to do with my target selection procedures? :smilie39:

Art

Desert_Diver
06-18-2009, 09:12
"it was very close"?....hmmmm....Art understand I'm not on his side....but he did get back 7 days ago:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:...anyway who was that topless lady in your photos?:smiley2:

Actually, she's not topless. She's getting ready to get topless. Red hair? Sort of blue tank top?

That's Karen. One of my dive buddies from here in Salt Lake. She's a hoot when she's cold sober. And a regular riot after you get a couple of beers in her. :smiley36:

We have gone to Fiji and Thailand so far. Don't know if she will sign up for the Palau/Truk trip in 2011 or not.

Art

Travelnsj
06-18-2009, 09:16
Yep that is the lady...it was looking good...guess I was taking a bit of dramatic license....LOL

2011?....what happened to 2010?....I'm working on that now!

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 10:38

What in world made you think that logic has anything to do with my target selection procedures? :smilie39:

Art

Well in that case I guess I better keep nagging you. Where are those underwater pics and how come somebody who claims to be an engineer at Cisco can't figure out how to post pics on the forum. You sure you are not a janitor at Cisco?? :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Travelnsj
06-18-2009, 10:44
Hey Chuck give him some slack...he may be a custodial engineer at Cisco....perhaps that is why my stock took such a tumble years ago.

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 10:48
Hey Chuck give him some slack...he may be a custodial engineer at Cisco....perhaps that is why my stock took such a tumble years ago.

That could explain it Scott. But damn we wait over two months for pics and all we got our topside pics and he only posts them on Facebook. At the rate he is going you might going diving before we see the rest of his pics. :smiley29:

Desert_Diver
06-18-2009, 17:56
Yep that is the lady...it was looking good...guess I was taking a bit of dramatic license....LOL

Are you sure you want to hear this?

June 2, while I was at work, someone kicked in the side door to my garage. Getting into the house from the garage was a piece of cake. I lost a lot of dive gear (a couple of bp/w's, dive computer, two underwater camera rigs, accessories like dive hood, gloves, etc, a Dewalt double bevel, compound miter saw, ham radio equipment and other stuff). I have a stiff deductable plus I can't document all of the stolen items with originial receipts. We are talking in the rough cost area of a nice liveaboard in the Pacific. I hope to do some 2010 dives, but they will have to be more modestly priced while I build the dive gear inventory up again.
(I can feel my blood pressure going up just thinking about this.)

And I came out better than my neighbors across the street. A gilt edged hi def, surround sound, big screen TV system plus the wife's jewelry got snatched. Not a good day in Dodge.

So I am planning the next big dive trip in 2011. Much to my disgust.

Art

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 17:59

June 2, while I was at work, someone kicked in the side door to my garage. Getting into the house from the garage was a piece of cake. I lost a lot of dive gear (a couple of bp/w's, dive computer, two underwater camera rigs, accessories like dive hood, gloves, etc, a Dewalt double bevel, compound miter saw, ham radio equipment and other stuff). I have a stiff deductable plus I can't document all of the stolen items with originial receipts. We are talking in the rough cost area of a nice liveaboard in the Pacific. I hope to do some 2010 dives, but they will have to be more modestly priced while I build the dive gear inventory up again.

And I came out better than my neighbors across the street. A gilt edged hi def, surround sound, big screen TV system plus the wife's jewelry got snatched. Not a good day in Dodge.

Art

Bummer! Really sorry to hear that. Some people just suck. :smiley21:

Desert_Diver
06-18-2009, 18:07
Well in that case I guess I better keep nagging you. Where are those underwater pics and how come somebody who claims to be an engineer at Cisco can't figure out how to post pics on the forum. You sure you are not a janitor at Cisco?? :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

You are confused. Not unusual in those of advanced years. :smilie39:

It is Least Daughter who is the Bit Bungler with Cisco. I am a REAL engineer. RF and Microwave design engineer. Hardware. Not any of that silly stuff on a monitor screen. That has to go through multiple beta tests before they track down all the Maximum Smoke Failures. :smilie39:

I have finished selecting pictures for the Thailand Underwater album. I am still trying to identify the critters. It has taken me a week to nail down one of the nudis. It looks more like an underwater plant than an animal. It is Pteraeolida ianthina. I found it on page 336 of "Nudibranchs of the World" by Debelius and Kuiter. I also saw it on Nudi Pixel: Nudibranch and Sea Slug Identification with Photographs (http://www.nudipixel.net). But it was a bear to locate.

Just for culture, how DO you post pictures on the board?

Art

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 18:11
Well I could tell you how to post pictures on the board but then I'd have to kill you. :-)

Actually I just like to nag you so you will post and get up to 250 posts so you can get that $50 gift certificate so you can buy new gear to replace the stolen stuff.

Travelnsj
06-18-2009, 18:41
Sorry to hear that Art....Hopefully you will get enough back to buy nice new equipment...(i hear they have good deals on ST!)...and squeeze out a trip on a LOB like the Ocean Hunter in Palau.

navyhmc
06-18-2009, 18:42

Art

That totally sucks! Hope some of it surfaces so you can still make the trip.

Travelnsj
06-18-2009, 18:46

Art

Go to "manage attachements" below the posting box and then browse for the pics on your computer.

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 18:48

You are confused. Not unusual in those of advanced years. :smilie39:

It is Least Daughter who is the Bit Bungler with Cisco. I am a REAL engineer. RF and Microwave design engineer. Hardware. Not any of that silly stuff on a monitor screen. That has to go through multiple beta tests before they track down all the Maximum Smoke Failures. :smilie39:

I have finished selecting pictures for the Thailand Underwater album. I am still trying to identify the critters. It has taken me a week to nail down one of the nudis. It looks more like an underwater plant than an animal. It is Pteraeolida ianthina. I found it on page 336 of "Nudibranchs of the World" by Debelius and Kuiter. I also saw it on Nudi Pixel: Nudibranch and Sea Slug Identification with Photographs (http://www.nudipixel.net). But it was a bear to locate.

Art

What exactly am I confused about I called you an engineer or a janitor. I never once said anything about being a bithead. I think you are the one confused. But you are more advanced in your age so I forgive you. But a REAL engineer could figure out how to post pictures on such a simple board like this and not have to ask. I guess that explains the multiple Betas. A real engineer wouldn't need multiple betas.

Desert_Diver
06-18-2009, 18:58

Art

What exactly am I confused about I called you an engineer or a janitor. I never once said anything about being a bithead. I think you are the one confused. But you are more advanced in your age so I forgive you. But a REAL engineer could figure out how to post pictures on such a simple board like this and not have to ask. I guess that explains the multiple Betas. A real engineer wouldn't need multiple betas.

Ahah!

Answered like a real Bit Bungler. :smilie39:

As in dodging the question. :smilie39:

I got you pegged, guy. :smilie39:

Art

Travelnsj
06-18-2009, 18:58
WOW this could get nasty....I'm sitting on the sidelines:smilie40:...LOL...LOL....OK Art your turn:smiley20:

Travelnsj
06-18-2009, 19:01
I saw Art posted the same time as I did....Chuck your turn:smilie40:

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 19:01
Can you belive it Scott he is blaming his daughter for your bad performing stock and right before Father's Day too. What a swell Dad.

navyhmc
06-18-2009, 19:06
Can you belive it Scott he is blaming his daughter for your bad performing stock and right before Father's Day too. What a swell Dad.

Yeah, but what's he out? A glow-in-the-dark tie and a gallon of aftermarket cologne? :smiley36:

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 19:07

Yeah, but what's he out? A glow-in-the-dark tie and a gallon of aftermarket cologne? :smiley36:

Hey easy I'm trying to get him to post so he will reach 250! :smiley32:

navyhmc
06-18-2009, 19:09

Oooops, Sorry! :smiley36:

Go Scott, Go!:smiley20:

chinacat46
06-18-2009, 19:11

Not Scott. Art

navyhmc
06-18-2009, 19:14

Not Scott. Art

Scott, Art, he can be anyone he wants to be!!!:smiley36: Sorry again.

Go Art Go!!!!

250! 250! 250!!!

Travelnsj
06-18-2009, 19:18

With what I lost on that stock....I could of bought him all new ScubaPro equipment, Suunto D9, Ham radio, etc etc:smiley19:....I'm sure that year he got a nice salary increase:zx11pissed:

Desert_Diver
06-19-2009, 09:11

The Voice of Experience Speaks: Do NOT have daughters. At some point they turn into teenagers. This will cause you to totally exhaust your reserves of patience and the ability to think rationally any more.

Boys are so much easier. You can reason with them using a 2 X 4. And not feel guilty afterward. :smiley5:

Grand daughters are pretty much OK. But she's only 3 going on 4. :smilie40:

Art

Desert_Diver
06-19-2009, 09:13

With what I lost on that stock....I could of bought him all new ScubaPro equipment, Suunto D9, Ham radio, etc etc:smiley19:....I'm sure that year he got a nice salary increase:zx11pissed:

You guys who cashed in on the dot com bubble are just jealous cause the real estate bankers figured out a way to milk the system more sucessfully than you did. :smilie39:

Art

Travelnsj
06-19-2009, 09:18
You guys who cashed in on the dot com bubble are just jealous cause the real estate bankers figured out a way to milk the system more sucessfully than you did. :smilie39:

Art

I never cashed in on Compaq, Cisco, JDSU (really hate those people) and a few others.....I'm sure my $$$$$$ helped pay for those teenage daughters:zx11pissed: your dive lessons etc etc....do not get me started:zx11pissed::zx11pissed::zx11pissed:

chinacat46
06-19-2009, 09:30
WOW this could get nasty....I'm sitting on the sidelines:smilie40:...LOL...LOL....OK Art your turn:smiley20:

Come on Art just a few more posts to 250.

Travelnsj
06-19-2009, 23:57
Perhaps we should get back to WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?....since all he can say to me is thank you for the investment!

navyhmc
06-20-2009, 00:53
Perhaps we should get back to WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?....since all he can say to me is thank you for the investment!

I agree! Bring on the pics.:smiley20:

chinacat46
06-20-2009, 08:03
I guess we can ask for pictures but all we ever get are excuses. First he says he is to busy working, then he has a herniated disc, then he whines about having 1500 pics, then he cry babies about his house being broken into, then he says he doesn't know how to post pics, then he says he has to id them. Geeze the guy has more excuses then Imelda Marcos has shoes. :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: What gets me is that he claims to be an engineer but he can't figure out how to post a picture. That sure says a lot about the quality of engineers at Cisco. :smiley21:

Desert_Diver
06-20-2009, 09:39
I guess we can ask for pictures but all we ever get are excuses. First he says he is to busy working, then he has a herniated disc, then he whines about having 1500 pics, then he cry babies about his house being broken into, then he says he doesn't know how to post pics, then he says he has to id them. Geeze the guy has more excuses then Imelda Marcos has shoes. :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: What gets me is that he claims to be an engineer but he can't figure out how to post a picture. That sure says a lot about the quality of engineers at Cisco. :smiley21:

To quote one of our ex-VPs (who left under a PR cloud), "our specialty is bombing women and children at the click of a mouse button". :smilie39:

But fear not, he has a similar job at Northrup Grumman now. And has not improved his communications skills one whit. :smilie39:

And I did work on the Thailand UW pics last night. I'm stuck on some pictures that I think are Trigger fish, but I can't confirm that. I may put them up with out names and let you cyber divers with too much time on your hands help ID them. :smiley20:

Art

chinacat46
06-20-2009, 09:41

To quote one of our ex-VPs (who left under a PR cloud), "our specialty is bombing women and children at the click of a mouse button". :smilie39:

But fear not, he has a similar job at Northrup Grumman now. And has not improved his communications skills one whit. :smilie39:

And I did work on the Thailand UW pics last night. I'm stuck on some pictures that I think are Trigger fish, but I can't confirm that. I may put them up with out names and let you cyber divers with too much time on your hands help ID them. :smiley20:

Art

Put them up where? I'll believe it when I see it.:smiley36:

Travelnsj
06-20-2009, 18:34
What gets me is that he claims to be an engineer but he can't figure out how to post a picture. That sure says a lot about the quality of engineers at Cisco. :smiley21:

That's probably why I lost around 15K in my Cisco investment:smiley21::smiley19:

Back to "WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS"??????

chinacat46
06-20-2009, 18:37
Hey he broke 250 so he is probably gonna take his gift certificate and go. If he does post pics he will do it on Facebook since it's to hard for him to hit the manage attachments button here.

Desert_Diver
06-20-2009, 19:38
[

Ah, ye of little faith... :smiley13:

Art

chinacat46
06-20-2009, 20:16
[

Art

Talk is cheap let's see the pics!

Desert_Diver
06-20-2009, 20:29
[

Art

Talk is cheap let's see the pics!

Thailand Underwater is up on my Facebook page. And I have something special just for Chuck. Rude Noise.

Art

chinacat46
06-20-2009, 20:54
I've seen the pics they are really up. Now if he can just learn the difference between a False Clown fish and a Clown fish live would be good.

Travelnsj
06-21-2009, 00:11
I do not get Facebook and frustrated using it.....so are you going to post some here? as far as I am concerned "WHERE ARE THE PICTURES"?

chinacat46
06-21-2009, 07:24
Hey he can't figure out how to use the manage attchments button. I thought we already had this discussion about what a lame excuse for an engineer, etc...

Desert_Diver
06-21-2009, 09:54
I've seen the pics they are really up. Now if he can just learn the difference between a False Clown fish and a Clown fish live would be good.

I just did that you make sure you had something to nag and complain about.

Art

chinacat46
06-21-2009, 09:56
Thanks you really know how to keep me happy. NOT

Travelnsj
06-21-2009, 10:18
I just like to see some pics.....Art where you able to get a Whaleshark...any as close or as good as this?

Desert_Diver
06-21-2009, 10:55
I just like to see some pics.....Art where you able to get a Whaleshark...any as close or as good as this?

I shot several whale shark pics but none were very good due to viz. (Stupid whale sharks like water with lots of floaty stuff). I have a video clip shot with a DC-800 that isn't too bad but I'm trying to figure out how to post it (either here or on Facebook).

Understand that this isn't Cathy Church quality photography. :smiley19:

Art

Desert_Diver
06-21-2009, 10:58
Experiment

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=591783830#/photo.php?pid=2009590&id=591783830&ref=mf (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=591783830)

OK. This didn't work the way I expected but it will get you to the Thailand UW pics.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Art

Travelnsj
06-21-2009, 11:07

I shot several whale shark pics but none were very good due to viz. (Stupid whale sharks like water with lots of floaty stuff). I have a video clip shot with a DC-800 that isn't too bad but I'm trying to figure out how to post it (either here or on Facebook).

Understand that this isn't Cathy Church quality photography. :smiley19:

Art

Yeah I know what you mean about poor viz....that is why you have to get up close and personal...that is why I had to get so close in Holbox:smiley20:...It was worth it!

Experiment

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=591783830#/photo.php?pid=2009590&id=591783830&ref=mf (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=591783830)

OK. This didn't work the way I expected but it will get you to the Thailand UW pics.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Art

No idea...it just took me to your page...and then what?

chinacat46
06-21-2009, 12:57
But in Holbox you are snorkeling so you are on the surface where the viz is usually better plus you aren't blowing bubbles which also can keep you from getting close. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Travelnsj
06-21-2009, 13:08
And I thought you were on my side?...you do not need to give out those details to Art!

chinacat46
06-21-2009, 13:11
Art don't read post #120.

Desert_Diver
06-21-2009, 13:50

How long will it take for you to realize that I have you on "ignore"? :smilie39:

Art

chinacat46
06-21-2009, 14:34

How long will it take for you to realize that I have you on "ignore"? :smilie39:

Art

When you start ignoring my posts.:smiley36: I thought Lulubelle was the only one who had me on ignore.

Desert_Diver
06-21-2009, 16:44
No idea...it just took me to your page...and then what?

I was trying to post the actual picture as part of the post. Didn't work the way I thought it would. :smiley5:

Art

PS Maybe I forgot to mention tha I think computers are tools of the devil.

Desert_Diver
06-21-2009, 16:46

Art

When you start ignoring my posts.:smiley36: I thought Lulubelle was the only one who had me on ignore.

Obviously, Lullabelle is a lady of taste and good manners. :smilie39:

Art

chinacat46
06-21-2009, 16:57
Well I guess if you want to call a False Clown fish a Clown Fish and ignore me that way that is your right but it still won't make it a Clown Fish.

CompuDude
06-21-2009, 18:59
Well I guess if you want to call a False Clown fish a Clown Fish and ignore me that way that is your right but it still won't make it a Clown Fish.

As long as we're nit picking, may as well call it by the correct name:

False Clown Anemonefish.

Clownfish is a made up word.

chinacat46
06-21-2009, 19:39

False Clown Anemonefish.

Well if you want get picky they are damsel fish but we both know what is meant by the term clown fish.

Desert_Diver
06-21-2009, 20:21

False Clown Anemonefish.

Dude- Just do what Lulabelle I do and put him on "Ignore". :smilie39:

Art

Travelnsj
06-21-2009, 20:26
How about back to......"WHERE ARE THE PICS"?????

chinacat46
06-21-2009, 20:37
Hey you've seen them and you know unlike compudude that the word Anemonefish was used on Facebook but since the parties particpating already knew that we droped the word here. At any rate just to clear it up for compudude and others. Art was identifing different Anemonefish and he incorrectly called a False Clown a Clown.

Desert_Diver
06-22-2009, 08:06
Hey you've seen them and you know unlike compudude that the word Anemonefish was used on Facebook but since the parties particpating already knew that we droped the word here. At any rate just to clear it up for compudude and others. Art was identifing different Anemonefish and he incorrectly called a False Clown a Clown.

I have been looking on the web, and I am surprised at the number of ambiguous photos out there. I am starting to lean toward your position based mostly on the fact that the anemonefish are place geographically in the Western Pacific and the False Anemonefish seem more centered on the Adaman Sea where we were diving.

Now I have to move on to the Triggerfish. (sigh)

Art

Travelnsj
06-22-2009, 09:05
I have not seen any PICTURES so I have no idea what you are talking about...Art how about posting a few pics here?

chinacat46
06-22-2009, 09:07
You might have to show him how Scott. You know what they say you can't teach an old engineer new tricks.

chinacat46
06-22-2009, 09:10

I have been looking on the web, and I am surprised at the number of ambiguous photos out there. I am starting to lean toward your position based mostly on the fact that the anemonefish are place geographically in the Western Pacific and the False Anemonefish seem more centered on the Adaman Sea where we were diving.

Now I have to move on to the Triggerfish. (sigh)

Art

I think the most distinguishing difference is the black around the stripes and it's usually very noticeable in the Clowns. That being said I think the False Clown is a prettier fish. For those who wish insert Anemonefish just to make compudude happy.

chinacat46
06-22-2009, 09:47
Here you go Scott but this is from the Philippines.

Desert_Diver
06-22-2009, 22:18
I have not seen any PICTURES so I have no idea what you are talking about...Art how about posting a few pics here?

I tried posting pictures on Scubatoys and it didn't work.

Go back to message 118 in this thread. Click on the URL in the message. Doesn't that get you to my pictures?

Art

Travelnsj
06-22-2009, 22:55

Go back to message 118 in this thread. Click on the URL in the message. Doesn't that get you to my pictures?

Art

That got me to a banded seasnake i've seen everywhere in the world....I'd like to see Pics of Whalesharks, Silvertips, Hammerheads, Carrier crabs, Mimic octopus, Blue ringed octos, Wunderpus, Giant Frogfish, Spanish Dancers etc etc...you did see that right?

Hey Chuck what type of Anemone fish is this one?...Art see I can attach a photo...I know you can:smiley20:

chinacat46
06-23-2009, 06:50
He saw as many blue ring octopus as you have.

Travelnsj
06-23-2009, 09:21
But what type of Anemone fish is that?

Desert_Diver
06-23-2009, 09:44

Art

That got me to a banded seasnake i've seen everywhere in the world....I'd like to see Pics of Whalesharks, Silvertips, Hammerheads, Carrier crabs, Mimic octopus, Blue ringed octos, Wunderpus, Giant Frogfish, Spanish Dancers etc etc...you did see that right?

Hey Chuck what type of Anemone fish is this one?...Art see I can attach a photo...I know you can:smiley20:

Go back to the URL that takes you to the banded krait. When you get there, look in the upper right hand corner just above the photo. There are two words; "Previous", and "Next". Click on "Next". It should be a blue crown of thorns. When you are ready to see the next photo, click on "Next". You can probably see other albums in my photo cache by going to the "Return To Art's Photos" and choosing a different album.

I'm certainly glad my Facebook page doesn't have a toilet paper dispenser. There's no telling what you might request under those circumstances. :smiley11:

Art
:smilie39:

Art

chinacat46
06-23-2009, 10:08
But what type of Anemone fish is that?

False Clown.

Travelnsj
06-23-2009, 10:55
Go back to the URL that takes you to the banded krait. When you get there, look in the upper right hand corner just above the photo. There are two words; "Previous", and "Next". Click on "Next". It should be a blue crown of thorns. When you are ready to see the next photo, click on "Next". You can probably see other albums in my photo cache by going to the "Return To Art's Photos" and choosing a different album.

I'm certainly glad my Facebook page doesn't have a toilet paper dispenser. There's no telling what you might request under those circumstances. :smiley11:

Art

That's it 44 pics?....where are the Blue ringed octos, Hammerheads, Silvertips, Wunderpus octos, Spanish Dancers, Rhinopias Paddleflaps, Hairy Frogfish etc etc?????:smilie40:

chinacat46
06-23-2009, 12:13

Art

That's it 44 pics?....where are the Blue ringed octos, Hammerheads, Silvertips, Wunderpus octos, Spanish Dancers, Rhinopias Paddleflaps, Hairy Frogfish etc etc?????:smilie40:

Scott do you know a place where I can see all those things at one time on the same trip?

Travelnsj
06-23-2009, 12:36
Let me guess....Misool?....headed there in 2010!

chinacat46
06-23-2009, 12:38
Let me guess....Misool?....headed there in 2010!

I doubt you will see half that stuff there. Probably less.

Desert_Diver
06-23-2009, 13:37

Art

Yup. Don't remember the exact number but slightly in excess of forty.

That list of yours is grouping critters from vastly different eco-systems. Have you been mixing up the meds again? :smilie39:

Art

chinacat46
06-23-2009, 13:48

Art

That list of yours is grouping critters from vastly different eco-systems. Have you been mixing up the meds again? :smilie39:

Art

Good one Art!:smiley32:

Travelnsj
06-23-2009, 14:09

Art

You were in Thailand correct?.....I thought you would see some of the species I named.....Not Titian Triggerfish, Banded Seasnake, a few Anemone fish, those little tree things in the coral, a snapper etc...you can see anywhere....(Only one thing, a WhaleShark from a distance)....Looks like Cozumel....come on lets see the goods pics and post them here:smiley20:

chinacat46
06-23-2009, 14:13
Wow he must have mixed the meds if he is seeing titan triggers, banded seasnakes and anemone fish in Coz.

Desert_Diver
06-24-2009, 08:51
I took my first shot at uploading video to Facebook yesterday. I got two short clips up; one is a leopard shark, one of a manta ray. The upload of the whale shark failed twice. Maybe the size of the clip is too large.

Art

Desert_Diver
06-24-2009, 14:32
OK. After much much Bit Bungling Fumbling, I got all three videos loaded on my Facebook page.
1. Leopard Shark
2. Manta Ray
3. Whale Shark

All three are from the Thailand trip in early April, 09.

Art

Travelnsj
06-24-2009, 19:07
Arthur....did you take those?....very good and the Whaleshark...Most Excellent:smiley20:

Desert_Diver
06-24-2009, 21:19
Arthur....did you take those?....very good and the Whaleshark...Most Excellent:smiley20:

My dive buddy Joe Wamsley took them. He lives in the Salt Lake Valley and works at the same place I do. I thought he did a pretty good job for a new videographer.

Art

Even though we missed the shots of the blue spotted octopus, hammerhead shark, .....

Travelnsj
06-24-2009, 23:13
Although you "missed the shots of the blue RINGED octopus, hammerhead shark,...." Please tell your Friend his videos were good especially the Whaleshark one....I am a bit disappointed they were not yours.....but you did take credit for it!.....I'll give you a point or two for that:smilie39:

chinacat46
06-26-2009, 13:06
Art you've seen as many blue ring octopus as Scott.

Travelnsj
06-26-2009, 14:02
hey I've got a picture of one...not mine and not taken with my Camera....but I know what to look for!

chinacat46
06-26-2009, 14:06
hey I've got a picture of one...not mine and not taken with my Camera....but I know what to look for!

Nice picture!:smiley20:

navyhmc
06-26-2009, 14:07
Very nice pict. About the best of showing the irridesence of the blue on the BRO.

chinacat46
06-26-2009, 15:00
Very nice pict. About the best of showing the irridesence of the blue on the BRO.

Thanx.

Desert_Diver
06-26-2009, 15:04
Yup. Good pic. Maybe I'll get lucky and see one too.

Art

chinacat46
06-26-2009, 16:05
I've seen 4(1 in Lembeh and 3 in Raja) that pic was taken in Raja Ampat last November.