PDA

View Full Version : Dewey Short ETA 1 hour

bottomdweller
04-18-2009, 09:01
It's not raining so Beach Bum & I are heading to Dewey Short.
Hope to see you there!!!

bottomdweller
04-18-2009, 14:34
Got up this morning & it wasn't raining & was nice & warm.
Beach Bum & I shot down to Dewey Short & got in 1 dive, temp was still about 47-48 down to 67ft vis 10-12 ft. We saw the biggest crawdad/crawfish either of us have ever seen (could not get Beach Bum to put his finger in the pincher) Also found an Easter Egg fom the hunt last weekend #64. Beach Bum Tried out his new fins Tusa X-PERT zooms & absolutly loved them. all in all a great day to dive.

BillS
04-19-2009, 07:08
Glad you got in a dive before it started raining! It was a beautiful morning. I had the same thoughts but had spent the previous two days over on Kings River crappie fishing so had to catch up on chores around the house.

Wkndbum
04-19-2009, 08:08
Glad you got in a dive before it started raining! It was a beautiful morning. I had the same thoughts but had spent the previous two days over on Kings River crappie fishing so had to catch up on chores around the house.

So....how was the Crappie fishing?

Terry

bottomdweller
04-19-2009, 12:55

So....how was the Crappie fishing?

Terry

Ya, how was the fishing?
We will be at Dewey Short for DUI DOG DAYS next Sat for sure, & maybe Sun?:smilie40:

BillS
04-19-2009, 17:15
The crappie fishing was fair. My son-in-law and I camped out at Viola campground Thursday night. We don't live that far away but thought it would be fun, and it was. We fished all afternoon Thursday and all day Friday. We ended up keeping a total of 15 crappie and 4 white bass. Several of the crappie were over 14" long. We caught and released a lot of crappie under 10" and several short black bass. All in all a pretty good trip.

BillS
04-19-2009, 17:20
Hey bottomdweller, I'll be at Dewey Short for DUI days next Saturday also. I'll look for you. How will I recognize you?

bottomdweller
04-20-2009, 10:14
If you go to my public profile I posted a picture of myself.
I will be showing up in a black & maroon tracker with Beach Bum

BillS
04-20-2009, 17:16
OK. I'll look for you. If you see a 6'5" guy without much hair it will probably be me.

bottomdweller
04-20-2009, 19:09
If you noticied I am sporting a ponytail, So if you see the guy starting to go bald in the front W/Ponytail in the back & some skinny little guy hanging close That would be me.