PDA

View Full Version : I'm very demanding, but...

mitsuguy
04-19-2009, 06:40
Actually, no buts... Scubatoys has been able to take care of everything I need...

two months ago, we moved to Utila, Honduras, and right before we left, we realized somehow my wifes Geo computer was misplaced... it's hard to get anything mailed down here, so, a couple e-mails to Scubatoys, and it was sent to a friend of ours in Canada that was coming down - Scubatoys made sure it got to her with plenty of time to make it with her...

Awesome...

then, just recently, I needed to order some aquaseal... I checked all the usual suspects, Scubatoys, even Leisurepro... Leisurepro carries it, but they were on their Easter holiday, so I fired off another e-mail to Scubatoys... they don't have it in stock, but they'll get it in time to get it to our parents that are coming down on the 22nd... and they were $3 cheaper on the 8 oz tube...

Awesome again!

last but not least, we decided it was time for my wife to graduate from a jacket BC to a back inflate... due to price and features (and appearance), she decided to go with the womens version of mine, the Tusa Selene Wing... normally retails around $440 or so, we checked all the usual places... Scubatoys doesn't normally carry this either, so they didn't have a price listed... obviously I knew we would try to order from ST first, but we checked some other places for a guess on the price... two places were offering it for $439 and then you got $150 in store credit... who the hell needs $150 in store credit... well, maybe it might be nice, but we really have most of our gear soooo... another e-mail to ST... they offered to order it in no problem, and instead of $150 store credit, they just discounted the price, but they discounted it more than $150, so we saved even more than we thought....

Wait! I'm not done...

I broke a switch on my Princeton Tec Miniwave LED light... as it would normally take 3-4 weeks mailing time each way from here, I e-mailed ST again... said I'd buy the light, ship it to my parents so they could bring it down, and then return the broken one when they return to the states and get a refund... they said, you guessed it, "no problem" how great is that...

to top it all off, on Friday, the 17th, the aquaseal and the BCD were shipped... shipping was free, so that was awesome as usual, however this time, they shipped it overnight for free just to make sure it got to the parents with plenty of time for the trip... I never would have expected that, and it is soooo greatly appreciated... so, they received the stuff yesterday, and will be coming down here this week...

Gotta love ST and their customer service, definitely #1 in this business...

Tully Mars
04-19-2009, 09:01
I'm in a similar situation as you. I live in Mexico and the shipping/customs can be a nightmare. ST's has gone above and beyond for me several times. The latest was shipping some things to my daughter in the SF Bay area so she could bring them down to me next week.

My first experience with them was having some maintenance done on my Octo+ and ordering several small items. One of those small items was some booties, mine had been worn down to nothing. The booties were $15.99. Mexican customs didn't like the made in China tag and decided they were worth at least $18 and wanted me to pay the tax on at least $18. Fine, the tax or IVA on 1.01 is .15 so I offered to pay it. "No, no you can't pay it until the form is filled out." "Ok, what form?" "The form." That conversation lasted at least 10mins. and I knew less after the call then I did before. On another call I was finally told the shipper, ST's, needed to send in a corrected invoice showing the price of $18 for the booties. This shipment was held up in customs for just under two weeks and I know I spent hours on the phone with UPS and customs. I also know Rick for ST's did as well. In the end I got my shipment after paying the extra .15. But it took a lot of phone time and effort on the part of Rick.

That was my first order and I was sold on ST. I now place orders and have them sent to friends or family headed this way. If no one on their way I have it sent to my drop box in Houston and forward it to myself via Fed-Ex.

If you're shipping stuff to Mexico I personally have had much better luck with Fed-Ex then UPS. Now I'm in the state of Yucatan. Fed-Ex uses Merida as an entry point for this area. UPS uses Mexico City. So if you're shipping somewhere else in the country your experience may be completely different.

paperdesk
04-19-2009, 09:02
Gotta agree with you. They are the best!

gee
04-20-2009, 01:47
They usually get first crack at my scuba$.