PDA

View Full Version : ST Shopping Cart Contents Disappear!

NitroWill
08-23-2007, 18:50
I dont know if this is an old issue or a new, but its happened in two different browsers (Firefox & Safari) on my MacBook (Latest Software)..

I was browsing the ST side, adding stuff to my shopping cart, had been doing this for about 10 minutes..After about 10minutes or so I added another item and it was now the only item in my shopping cart and I had to go find everything again!

Maybe its just a ploy of ST to get all their customers just to phone in their orders :smiley29:

ScubaToys Larry
08-23-2007, 19:39
It's some safety functionality that is built into the cart... may have to change the software in the near future.... It has a 15 minute time out - if the user has no activity on the site, it drops them off.

Not sure I like it - but no real way to change it - but may look at some modifications to the cart software after we button up a few more things on this site.

NitroWill
08-23-2007, 19:41
Hrm, I wasnt ever inactive though - unless it defines activity by the time the shopping cart isnt modified..which seems like what it is - which is no good b/c It takes awhile to navigate and pick out everything, by the time I got half my stuff added - everything else was gone :p

Xspect
08-24-2007, 08:24
I thought my contents disappears because it knows I have no money to pay for it :smilie39:

scubasavvy
08-24-2007, 09:44
I thought my contents disappears because it knows I have no money to pay for it :smilie39:

That's pretty much how my cart works as well, lol.

reeldive
07-08-2008, 19:52
Same problem here but was a contribution to my own mistake. When I re-did my shopping cart I was a bit fustrated and in my haste I inadvertantly order a size XS wet suite instead of the size Large that I needed. Shiping it back today and Joe said he'd get the right size shipped out ASAP!