PDA

View Full Version : HP Miflex Hoses

2Dogs
04-21-2009, 20:47
They're here (soon)
http://www.miflexhoseshop.co.uk/acatalog/XtremeReleaseAd-webvsmall.jpg (http://www.miflexhoseshop.co.uk/acatalog/XTREME-hi_High_Pressure_Diving_Hoses.html)
will ST be stocking them?

comet24
04-21-2009, 20:55
You need to take the ")" off the end of you link for it to work.

I will have to give one of these a try as I have become a big fan of there LP hoses.

2Dogs
04-21-2009, 23:29
Thanks for fixing the link. I guess the excitement got to me :bonk:

RoyN
04-22-2009, 00:18
:clap: whoo hoo!!!! Now all of my hose will be milflex hose!

ektess1
04-22-2009, 01:37
Love those hoses. Except for the long hose

CompuDude
04-22-2009, 02:10
Looking forward to it... especially the 6" hoses for deco bottles.

ektess1, curious what you don't like about the miflex long hose?

UCFKnightDiver
04-22-2009, 07:07
I have seen someone with the 7ft hose and it doesnt route well at all.

mitsuguy
04-22-2009, 08:26
damn, thats almost 30,000 psi

skdvr
04-22-2009, 08:52
I have a 7ft Miflex and love it... My regular 7ft has just been sitting with all my extra hoses since I got it...

I too will be very interested in the HP Miflex for the 6" hoses...

Phil

fire diver
04-22-2009, 12:20
They're here (soon)
http://www.miflexhoseshop.co.uk/acatalog/XtremeReleaseAd-webvsmall.jpg (http://www.miflexhoseshop.co.uk/acatalog/XTREME-hi_High_Pressure_Diving_Hoses.html)
will ST be stocking them?

Cool! I plan on getting a couple of these when I visit ScubaToys (if they have them in stock). I know I at least want a couple 6" hoses.

PS, I like your avatar. I know where that was taken!

CompuDude
04-22-2009, 13:40

I wear a Miflex 7' hose.

How exactly does it not "route well"?

rongoodman
04-22-2009, 15:11
I don't think it's so much that they "don't route well" as it is that they're more slippery than the rubber hoses. They don't stay put quite as well. I like mine, though, especially on my single tank regulator for traveling. I'll be looking for the HP version to arrive.

UCFKnightDiver
04-22-2009, 17:43

I wear a Miflex 7' hose.

maybe it was just the diver that I saw it on but never the less it wasnt routed well at all. It looked to me the reason was because of the miflex if this isnt true my appologies

CompuDude
04-22-2009, 18:29

I wear a Miflex 7' hose.

maybe it was just the diver that I saw it on but never the less it wasnt routed well at all. It looked to me the reason was because of the miflex if this isnt true my appologies

No worries. :) Mine "routes" just fine, just like the rubber hoses do. It's true that they're a little more slippery, but this just means I need to wedge it a little more firmly under my light canister. Aside from needing to pay a smidge more attention to that, the only differences are positive ones. :smiley20:

ektess1
04-23-2009, 13:39
I dive with a 5' long hose. Under the arm and round the neck. I usually don't wear much if any thermo protection. I don't even own a hood.
I find the the Miflex catches ir grabs the back of my neck. If I look right I have to pull the hose back around so that I can look left without it pulling.
I love it for my bungied backup.
I need a shorter HP hose so I will buy one of them as soon as I can.
Ed

CompuDude
04-23-2009, 14:29
I dive with a 5' long hose. Under the arm and round the neck. I usually don't wear much if any thermo protection. I don't even own a hood.
I find the the Miflex catches ir grabs the back of my neck. If I look right I have to pull the hose back around so that I can look left without it pulling.
I love it for my bungied backup.
I need a shorter HP hose so I will buy one of them as soon as I can.
Ed

Gotcha... makes sense.

People who dive without exposure protection definitely fall into another category for much if the dive gear on the market, I think. The vast majority assumes at least some level of protection, even a skin makes a difference.

mike_s
04-23-2009, 15:05
I'm sure that they'll sell out in a hurry with initial orders.....

I know that Phil is taking "pre-orders" because of this.... so order now if you want them in the "first round".

din
05-27-2009, 17:29
damn, thats almost 30,000 psi

so, is that, like, a lot?

:smiley36:

Splitlip
05-27-2009, 17:39
Ed

That is what I was advised by my LDS. My bungied necklace and inflator hoses are miflex.

rongoodman
06-05-2009, 17:30
Mine just showed up. They're amazingly slender and flexible. I'll be diving with it tomorrow.