PDA

View Full Version : Any Skishers here?

Stripercoast2
04-23-2009, 12:22
Curious if there are any other skishers in the house.
Granted it's not scuba, but aside from that, we use a lot of the same gear.

ndv21
04-23-2009, 12:36
Pardon my ignorance, but whats a skisher?

Stripercoast2
04-23-2009, 13:11
Skishing is kind of a cross between swimming, fishing, and water skiing.

Basically, fishing with a rod and reel while swimming/drifting, and the tow that ensues upon hooking up.

If ya see rod & reel fisherman, wearing a wetsuit & fins, a few hundred yards off the beach,,, that's a skisher. :smiley20:

THE CASE FOR FAA HEAD STURGELL'S INDICTMENT: August 2008 (http://indictsturgell.********.com/2008_08_01_archive.html)

MSilvia
04-23-2009, 13:18
No, but it sounds like a blast... and may be one of the few good reasons to carry a spare air. ;) I've occasionally entertained the idea of bringing a baited line diving with me, but being underwater would make it a different sport too.

THE CASE FOR FAA HEAD STURGELL'S INDICTMENT: August 2008 (http://indictsturgell.********.com/2008_08_01_archive.html)

Stripercoast2
04-23-2009, 13:26
It is a blast. :smiley20: That's a cool article. I've never met Paul, but the bald headed dude pictured skishing with him in that article is my buddy from LI. I'm actually heading down there this Saturday to get wet.

MSilvia
04-23-2009, 14:01
Cool... stay safe and have a fun ride! Let me know if you need a good fish taco recipe. :)

bottomdweller
06-04-2009, 17:27
Cool... stay safe and have a fun ride! Let me know if you need a good fish taco recipe. :)

I need a good fish taco recipe.
We are planning on making some this weekend.:smilie40:

Crimediver
06-04-2009, 21:24
I used to use a small rod about 18' long I made from a car antennae and JB Welded a real seat on as a handle. I used a closed face spinning reel and used it to catch some really nice fish in a quarry. I found it to be like shooting fish in a barrel so only used it a couple of days. All catch and release. It was a novelty but it wasn't much of a challenge.

MSilvia
06-05-2009, 10:50
I need a good fish taco recipe.
Ingredients:

2 cups chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup olive oil
5 Tbsp lime juice
3 Tbsp orange juice
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp oregano
1 pound striped bass
Coarse kosher salt
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp milk
Corn tortillas
2 sliced avocados
1/2 small head of shredded cabbage
Salsa Verde
Lime wedges Stir 1 cup onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, oil, 3 tablespoons lime juice, orange juice, garlic, and oregano in medium bowl. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Spread half of onion mix over the bottom of a glass baking dish. Put the fish on the onion mix in the dish. Cover the fish with the rest of the onion mix. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Turn fish; cover and chill 30 minutes longer. Whisk mayonnaise, milk, and remaining lime juice together.
Brush grill grate with oil and heat to medium/high. Grill fish with some marinade still clinging until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Warm the tortillas, about 10 seconds per side.
Coarsely chop fish; place on platter. Serve with lime mayonnaise, tortillas, chopped onion, cilantro, avocados, cabbage, Salsa Verde, and lime wedges.

ColdPass
06-19-2009, 13:00
The wife and I had some good fish tacos the other day, too. She made them with Mahi Mahi that was grilled with pineapple, used a sour cream based sauce, rather than mayo, and whole wheat tortillas. Extremely tasty.

reeldive
06-30-2009, 09:36
No, but it sounds like a blast... and may be one of the few good reasons to carry a spare air. ;) I've occasionally entertained the idea of bringing a baited line diving with me, but being underwater would make it a different sport too.

Check out this fishing pole.Scuba Stik! (http://www.scubastik.com/)

reeldive
06-30-2009, 09:38
Might be a way to skirt NO SPEARING LAWS as well