PDA

View Full Version : Oronogo 4-25 & 4-26?

Dark Wolf
04-23-2009, 16:35
Just wondering if anyone was planning to dive Oronogo this weekend? I am planning to be there. :)

DW

neogeo
04-23-2009, 19:48
Hey I'll be out there Saturday diving is undetermind at this point.

navyhmc
04-23-2009, 21:25
Aaaand as usual, I'm working this weekend. At least it's the last weekend from hell for a month! It's getting warm, people are getting stupid (as in Hold my beer, watch this!) and I'm at a busy station.

neogeo
04-24-2009, 13:35
Looks like I'll be able to get a a dive or 2 in on saturday... to bad you can't make it out navy...

Dark Wolf
04-24-2009, 16:03
Good deal, neo. That is too bad, navy. I will get pics for ya!! :)

DW

neogeo
04-24-2009, 16:12
Yeah I wish my dive camera was up to par... but I'll bring it maybe take a few pictures at the floating platform....

KennyD
04-24-2009, 19:07
Kyle, I'm going to do my best to be there this weekend. Just diving single 130's this weekend. Kevin and Jeff are doing Jeff's Tec Deep. Braden and I are just going to play and I think he has one rescue student that may come along too.

Dark Wolf
04-24-2009, 20:06
Great, Kenny!! Have not seen you in a while.

DW

maverick
04-25-2009, 12:40
Yo DW, shirt???

snagel
04-26-2009, 07:00
DW or Anyone,

How 'bout an update on the dive conditions at Oronogo at Midwestmuckdiving (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com)

Thanks and I'm hoping to get down there soon to dive with some of you crazy people.

Snagel

Dark Wolf
04-26-2009, 08:07
Lol! Sure snagel, I will update when I get home tonight. You should come down sometime, has been a LONG time since we have been able to dive together.

Mav,havent forgot you! :)

DW

lespaulsf
04-28-2009, 13:41
It would be great if you all posted some of those pics up so the rest of us could see them. I'm new to diving and would like to see some of the pictures you took underwater at Oronogo.

navyhmc
04-28-2009, 14:23
It would be great if you all posted some of those pics up so the rest of us could see them. I'm new to diving and would like to see some of the pictures you took underwater at Oronogo.

Look at Dark Wolf's avatar, that's one. :smiley36:

I keep planning on getting my camera out when there, but haven't yet. I'll try to get some for you next trip.

neogeo
04-28-2009, 14:27

First off welcome to the world of diving!

I took my camera down on one dive but the batteries were low and wouldnt take pics... If you go to this website you can see pictures of Oronogo. Captain Johns | Oronogo, MO (http://www.oronogo.com)
heres a video found on scubatoys Scuba Diving Videos Diving Oronogo Missouri Sept 2008 Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=629)

lespaulsf
04-28-2009, 15:36
Cools thanks for the video link. Yep I actually haven't been able to dive since I got certified about 3 weeks ago. Diving is expensive so I don't have a dry suit yet.

navyhmc
04-28-2009, 15:50
Cools thanks for the video link. Yep I actually haven't been able to dive since I got certified about 3 weeks ago. Diving is expensive so I don't have a dry suit yet.

Dry suits are overrated! I have done all my Oronogo dives wet and haven't had a problem. Well one problem, but that was due to a zipper malfunction. At the very least, there are plans for a weekend of diving on the 4th of July Weekend. C'mon up for that and I'm pretty sure that we can find you most of the gear your need.

neogeo
04-28-2009, 16:08

Dry suits are overrated! I have done all my Oronogo dives wet and haven't had a problem. Well one problem, but that was due to a zipper malfunction. At the very least, there are plans for a weekend of diving on the 4th of July Weekend. C'mon up for that and I'm pretty sure that we can find you most of the gear your need.

Once you get all your gear the money you spent is well worht it! Most divers at Oronogo are real nice people and do what they can to help others out, though they may give you hell about it, or maybe thats just me they give hell! and I'm loving my drysuit!

lespaulsf
04-28-2009, 16:14

Sounds awesome. I'm actually looking at purchasing this BARE 7MM ARCTIC FULL SUIT COMBO reviews and discounts, Bare (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BareArcticSuit) so as long as I do somewhat shorter dives I shouldn't have to much trouble I would think. Be fowarned I'm a skinny guy so I don't have much on me to keep me warm otherwise. :smiley36:

neogeo
04-28-2009, 16:25

Sounds awesome. I'm actually looking at purchasing this BARE 7MM ARCTIC FULL SUIT COMBO reviews and discounts, Bare (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BareArcticSuit) so as long as I do somewhat shorter dives I shouldn't have to much trouble I would think. Be fowarned I'm a skinny guy so I don't have much on me to keep me warm otherwise. :smiley36:

That'll work for you! Several people dive wet year round there.