PDA

View Full Version : aeris xr1

chewyjr15
08-23-2007, 21:09
well for 230 bucks with a compass can i really get a better deal? anyone have on is it good?

chewyjr15
08-23-2007, 21:46
or should i stick with the atmos 2?

WV Diver
08-24-2007, 06:36
I would get the XR2 as it will come in handy later on when you get your nitrox cert. They are good computers and I don't think the price from the XR1 to the XR2 is a lot. You will be glad you got the XR2 later on I think.

Illini_Fan
08-24-2007, 06:51
The Aeris Atmos 2 is also a nitrox computer

WV Diver
08-24-2007, 10:00
The Aeris Atmos 2 is also a nitrox computer
Yes it is, it is also my understanding that it is being phased out and replaced by the XR2, the next generation if you will. Not sure how much longer you will be able to get the Atmos or have it worked on. Although Aeris is good about their products and will likely service it for you if it needs it.

I went from the Armos 1 to the XR2 so I am not exactly sure of the differences between the Atmos 2 and the XR2 but I don't think the price difference is great. If you can find an Atmos 2 it will probably be bargin priced.

boat
08-24-2007, 19:13
Diveaeris.com shows an xr1nx that's apparently in between the xr1 and xr2. It might be worth a look.

Lethal_OZ
08-25-2007, 21:35
I recently picked up an XR2 wrist mount, sweet little unit, and was a sweet price from Scubatoys.

Also purchased the downloader, which is a great add-on although the interface program could really do with some improvements.

dk2943
08-25-2007, 23:40
I have an XR-1. I bought it because I blew my financial wade on an Atomic Z2 reg set and wanted the cheapest computer I could find. The XR-1 fit the bill. Now that I have used it a while and have had a chance to look at other computers, I really like it. It is easy to read and navigate and does most everything a non-nitrox diver could ask, which is its biggest problem. If you think you are going to go to nitrox quickly, get a nitrox capable computer. Otherwise, save your money and get an ZR-1

P.S. The Atomic was the right choice

larry200
12-14-2007, 22:34
I bought two XR-1s for my wife and I, as we wanted the simplest, least-expensive computers that we could find. Above water, I still suffer from "bling envy" when I see those wrist-watch-sized dive computers that do everything. But the XR-1 is absolutely everything that we hoped it would be. Inexpensive, reliable, easy to read, and easy to use. If you're on a tight budget, don't need nitrox compatibility, and don't feel the need to download your dive data to your PC, I don't think you can beat the XR-1 for the price.

-- Larry B.

CaptainRon
12-15-2007, 07:39
I have the XR-1 and like it. Simple to use. If you don't plan on diving nitrox, it should work well for you.

adv_diver1
12-15-2007, 08:04
I am going for the xr1 as well. No need for nitrox and what a deal. It does only the simple stuff and that is what I am looking for. This will be the first computer I have ever owned and used.

dannybot
12-15-2007, 08:35
I bought two XR-1s for my wife and I, as we wanted the simplest, least-expensive computers that we could find. Above water, I still suffer from "bling envy" when I see those wrist-watch-sized dive computers that do everything. But the XR-1 is absolutely everything that we hoped it would be. Inexpensive, reliable, easy to read, and easy to use. If you're on a tight budget, don't need nitrox compatibility, and don't feel the need to download your dive data to your PC, I don't think you can beat the XR-1 for the price.

-- Larry B.

You can read a wrist watch sized computer? Middle age is upon me, and I can't anymore. XR1 is a good computer, easy to use and read. I have a wrist mount, which I would be willing to part with, only because we are moving on to nitrox.

CaptainRon
12-15-2007, 15:12
ST has the wrist mount XR-1 for $144.95 before your discount.

Aeris XR-1 Wrist Computer, Computers: Air, Aeris, Aeris XR-1 Wrist Computer (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AerisXR1Wrist)

IrishSquid
12-15-2007, 17:39
My brother has been pretty happy with his XR1.
I use an XR2 and like most posters here, I don't think either the XR1 or XR2 are bad choices.

teog
12-19-2007, 21:03
Im glad eveyone likes there. Im completating buying one for my nephew for christmas.

I ate nemo
12-21-2007, 13:28
so far ive been hearing good things about it.

I ate nemo
12-21-2007, 14:24
so this dive computer doesnt use nitrox right. Because i am wanting to buy this watch but i dont really need nitrox seeing as im 14. If u can please tell me more about this watch.

teog
12-21-2007, 18:56
so this dive computer doesnt use nitrox right. Because i am wanting to buy this watch but i dont really need nitrox seeing as im 14. If u can please tell me more about this watch.

This computer is not nitrox capable.

c.edmiston
12-23-2007, 21:16
Is the xr1 air integrated?

CaptainRon
12-23-2007, 23:14
Is the xr1 air integrated?

No, it isn't.

bmp51
12-25-2007, 01:40
I have the X2 one of my fellow divers in LV divers had the X1, we compared them... just about the same, but mine does Nitrox... he did have a download problem at one time, but I don’t think it was the computer, I think it was the user...

I ate nemo
12-28-2007, 18:09
i just got mine and it is so easy to understand and use.

CaptainRon
12-28-2007, 23:30
i just got mine and it is so easy to understand and use.

Congratulations. You made a good choice. Take good care of it and it should serve you well for a long time.

mobeeno
04-12-2008, 12:20
Is it easy to replace the batteries by yourself?

mobeeno
04-20-2008, 18:01
Aeris battery kit. What is it. Does the computer come with batteries?

mitsuguy
04-20-2008, 20:57

yes, the computer comes with a battery... but it will eventually need to be replaced...

mobeeno
04-20-2008, 21:11

yes, the computer comes with a battery... but it will eventually need to be replaced...
Is it easy to replace it by your self, like a light bulb?

mitsuguy
04-20-2008, 22:14
Not as easy as a light bulb, but easier than most everyday watches... It comes with a metal key - the key opens the bottom hatch, pull the battery, replace, clean or replace and lightly lube the o-ring and reinstall hatch...

mobeeno
04-20-2008, 22:24
Not as easy as a light bulb, but easier than most everyday watches... It comes with a metal key - the key opens the bottom hatch, pull the battery, replace, clean or replace and lightly lube the o-ring and reinstall hatch...
Very good, sounds managable to me

ChrisC
04-20-2008, 23:21
I have an XR2. It worked great. My son is getting it now that I have gone to a WisdomII. I needed the bigger numbers. I think there should be a formula for number size as a direct proportion of age. :smiley2: If you are planning to go to Nitrox, you'll need to upgrade if you go with the XR1. Actually, now that I think of it, I did have one problem with the XR2, the display would fog after a dive when I had the plastic protective face plate installed. I popped it off to eliminate the difficulty.

mobeeno
04-21-2008, 21:33
I have an XR2. It worked great. My son is getting it now that I have gone to a WisdomII. I needed the bigger numbers. I think there should be a formula for number size as a direct proportion of age. :smiley2: If you are planning to go to Nitrox, you'll need to upgrade if you go with the XR1. Actually, now that I think of it, I did have one problem with the XR2, the display would fog after a dive when I had the plastic protective face plate installed. I popped it off to eliminate the difficulty.
Cool, I dont need the protective face plate.

blewgrass
05-23-2008, 21:44
I just bought the console model. I will report on my results next weekend when I use it.

Steve

USF_Diver
05-30-2008, 13:17
I got a the XR1 I like it alot, very easy to read and simple to run.

Only things I wish it had was a backlight for darker water but
a underwater light can fix that problem.

horsmen
06-10-2008, 17:57
i looking at getting two of the Dacor Talon BC and Aeris A1 Package and getting and getting this comp but i dont see that it has a depth gauge so for who has this what do you use for that?

also what about temp

i know the xr-2 has all this but can't afford that right now

the gooch
06-10-2008, 21:55
The XR-1 displays depth as well as temperature. BTW I would leave the protective cover on as mine is pretty scratched up saving the computers screen.

horsmen
06-11-2008, 00:21
The XR-1 displays depth as well as temperature. BTW I would leave the protective cover on as mine is pretty scratched up saving the computers screen.

cool i didnt see them listed. cannt wait till monday to place my order...

"wife starts class sat and i need to know about how much weight she will need"

ndemeis
06-15-2008, 17:59
I am thinking about buying this computer as people say its a good deal for the price. One thing i can't seem to find out is whether it has a back light or not?

Vercingetorix
06-15-2008, 19:16
I am thinking about buying this computer as people say its a good deal for the price. One thing i can't seem to find out is whether it has a back light or not?Google is your friend: 6 reviews - Aeris XR-1 Computer Console reviews in Dive Computers - Sorted by Newest first- Buzzillions.com (http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_64984_aeris_xr_1_computer_console_reviews)

See "Doug" review -- NO BACKLIGHT

mobeeno
06-15-2008, 19:43
That is my primary dive computer when diving air (thats all I use anyway). Dont care for the back light because in dark the dive light is much more effective imho. (I have another dive computer that has a back light but it is not bright enough for me)

shortypots
06-30-2008, 11:16
We just bought the Aeris XR-1 as part of the packages we bought from Scubatoys. We decided to buy our own equipment and hold off on getting advanced certified for now (can't afford both). Hopefully will get my package soon so I can begin playing with it. We found a local dive park we can dive at within 45 mins from our house, so we hope to hit is several times over the next couple of months.