PDA

View Full Version : M2 and Vista?

Tully Mars
04-27-2009, 04:28
Just got the M2 and the download IR won't seem to load with Windows Vista. There has to be a file right?

I can't seem to find one. Little help anyone?

CODMAN
04-27-2009, 07:22
As far as compatibility with other programs, Vista sucks...:smiley21::smiley21:

Check out the scubaboard forum. ScubaBoard - Online Scuba Diving Community - Equipment, Dive Travel, Training and More! (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/)
In the manufacturer section, under Mares, there is a link to Mares Software support I believe. i don,t know if they can help you out, but it,s worth a look...

Good luck!:smiley20:

robjoubert
04-27-2009, 17:47
Just got the M2 and the download IR won't seem to load with Windows Vista. There has to be a file right?

I can't seem to find one. Little help anyone?

This is the link from Mares for the IRIS 2.3 Full Setup for Vista (http://software.mares.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=9&nav=0) (I could not get it to work!!!)

And the link to Mares Software Support is Software Mares Support (http://www.softwaremares.com/)

Tully Mars
05-02-2009, 18:16
I can't get this to work either!

So what's the return policy on this item, anyone?

Tully Mars
05-05-2009, 15:11
Nothing? I've checked the Mares site, I downloaded the file (twice) and it will not load.

Any other ideas?

Sending this back is going to be a b*tch for me. But if it will not work I'm not keeping it.

Tully Mars
05-05-2009, 16:32
Seem to be talking to myself. But I downloaded the setup from Mares for a third time. The file loads and seems to work until you try to link the M2 with the Iris USB interface. It gives me an error message of

[M.DM.DP] Error Detail:
L='0' - Error n. [0]-
DI= '0'
DP='51'
I='0'
AP='0'
UP='30000'

I submitted a "ticket" to Mares. Will update as I learn more.

Tully Mars
05-10-2009, 07:04
Ok, still talking amongst myself, here's the solution Mares sent me-

a) Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.
b) Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC"
Click on that line.
c) Press the Launch button.
d) A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.
e) Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

Works but turns off the UAC. I have no idea what that is but my computer literate friend tells me on a single user system it's not important. So as long as my dogs continue to show no interest in my computer I guess I'm alright.

On another topic with this computer, it is much more conservative then my last one, a Cochran Nemesis IIa. I was in a current and swell the other day and had a little up and down motion at my safety stop. It states I "omitted safety stop." My next dive it would only work as a bottom timer.

BubblesMcCoy
05-10-2009, 09:00
Vista sucks...:

CODMAN
05-13-2009, 13:17
Tully, it is more conservative. But not terribly so... It's mainly on multple multi-level dives where you'll see a difference. But nothing that bad. I've always found I get decent bottom time on it! But I'm not picking at every second I can get! And I rarely push to the limit of no-deco time...

When doing your safety stop, it requires you to be between a certain depth (I believe it's 12 to 18 feet, but not 100% sure). If you go out of that depth (from surge or swell), the safety stop timer stops. Once you return, it starts back up where it left off. So if you didn't spend 3 minutes withing the official depth, even though you did spend 3 minutes, it will say you omited the safety stop. But this only locks you out in certain conditions I believe. When really deep or close to your no-deco time I believe... The details should be in the manual...

Ok, still talking amongst myself, here's the solution Mares sent me-

a) Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.
b) Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC"
Click on that line.
c) Press the Launch button.
d) A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.
e) Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

Works but turns off the UAC. I have no idea what that is but my computer literate friend tells me on a single user system it's not important. So as long as my dogs continue to show no interest in my computer I guess I'm alright.

On another topic with this computer, it is much more conservative then my last one, a Cochran Nemesis IIa. I was in a current and swell the other day and had a little up and down motion at my safety stop. It states I "omitted safety stop." My next dive it would only work as a bottom timer.