PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Okinawa

Peter_V
08-23-2007, 23:49
Hi Folks, Obviously I'm new to this forum. I couldn't resist the oppertunity to save an extra 10% of Scubtoys prices which already look to be pretty low. I've posted on scubaboard before.

I learned to SCUBA in Okinawa so I don't have anything to compare it too, but it seems pretty awsome to me. Loads of different kinds of fish all over the place. I've swam with sharks and see snakes, and have seen Rays in the distance. Have managed to swim with the Turtles yet, but apparently they are all over here.

In October I go back home to Arizona, so I guess I'll have to dive in Mexico. Anyone know any good spots there?

Cheers, Pete.

creggur
08-24-2007, 07:06
Welcome to the boards....I think I saw someone else post that they were in Okinawa right now....Small world...

Enjoy the forums...

Foo2
08-24-2007, 10:41
Welcome to ST Pete! Actually I think there are a few people in Okinawa right now. Crazy. Anyway, the only place I have dove in Mexico is Cozumel. It was beautiful. Enjoy!

Osprey
08-24-2007, 11:49
Check out the trips and travels section, you'll be greeted with lots of places to see!!

divnhank
08-24-2007, 15:19
In Mexico you have to dive Cozumel. Best viz anywhere! In the late summer you should also go to Holbox and snorkel with the whale sharks.

Bill22
08-24-2007, 15:42
Hi Pete... I'm up in Yokosuka. Hoping to make it down to Okinawa soon. Never went diving in Mexico, but I hear it's nice. Mostly Florida, also St Thomas VI, Jamaica, Philippines and of course Japan ;-) Welcome to the board :-)

Darthwader
08-25-2007, 23:52
Welcome aboard.
What part of OKI do you call home right now?
I can't believe I spent two tours there and never got certified!:smiley5:

Peter_V
08-26-2007, 01:41
Hi everyone.
I'm working with the Marines on Okinawa, mostly at Foster and Hansen.

I've been thinking of swimming with the whalesharks here, but it somehow seems like cheating when they are in a cage.

Cheers, Pete.

Phestr
08-26-2007, 06:56
I've been thinking of doing that same event. I'm stationed at Kadena. One of the smallest islands in the world, and we meet on a message board hosted in Dallas. Weird.