PDA

View Full Version : twin lp95s?

dirtydon
05-01-2009, 16:05
any one dive twin lp95s? worthingtons at vs lp108 worthingtons. got bum knees,10lb lighter with twin 95s.just bought 2 flatheads VI from the toyshop,starting the double set up,HELP,need info on manifolds,bands,thinking about fusion for drysuit any help or opinion would be great thanks dirtydon

UCFKnightDiver
05-01-2009, 16:42
How tall are you? As to manifolds and Bands I have a Dive Rite 200 bar manifold which I really like, and the Dive Rite 3in heavy duty bands which again I really like. The big thing for manifolds in my opinion are get one with soft knobs as the hard knobs suck

dirtydon
05-01-2009, 17:01
greetings i'm 5'10,200lbs(slowing losing)target 192.arms,shoulders flexable so valve drill shouldn't be aproblem,knee are just going.looks like surgury soon.looking at a 108 for single on a brigade,been renting alum 80s lately. starting dm mid may,mostly for myself, but will retire in 6+ years so maybe second career(part time)

UCFKnightDiver
05-01-2009, 17:34
true well I think 108's or 85's would work out well, 95's might be a little short for you but then again might be fine, if you can try before you buy that would probably be the best. What kind of dives are you looking to get out of these tanks and can you overfill where you are at? I have a set of 108's but have used lp85's quite a bit too the 85's are nice because they are about 20+ lbs lighter than the double 108s, so if Im going to do a long walk ill borrow a set of 85's, of course for the longer dives I like the 108's because I have more gas to use. By the way I am 5'11 and 200lbs

In your first post you are asking about doubles and in your second you said something about singles, which are you looking to get info on?

CompuDude
05-01-2009, 18:17
(a) I'd go with double hp100's (or lp85's, if that's your preference) rather than double lp95's (or double hp119's). Once you get into 95/119 and bigger, the weight starts climbing dramatically.

(b) I'd seriously consider getting more than "0-24" dives under my belt before worrying about double tanks. Spend some more time in single tanks, and give your knees a break, before you start down that road.

navyhmc
05-01-2009, 18:26
I will second CD's recommendation: Wait a while before you get doubles. I honestly do not know your level of training, but before you go to doubles, I would recommend at least another 25 dives so you are more comfortable in your current water column before adding the additional task loading of doubles. I would recommend: Rescue, AOW, and Dry Suit before going to doubles.

Seeing where you are, I will hazard a guess you're looking to do a lot of wreck which is why you want doubles?

UCFKnightDiver
05-01-2009, 18:37
to be honest I didnt see the 0-24 if that is your current number of dives then I too would recommend you get some more dives in with single tanks. I think I went to doubles at around 70 dives which is kinda a low number of dives in the grand scheme of things.

navyhmc
05-01-2009, 18:58
My first double dives were a lot more simple and some may argue dangerous than today: Double 80's with a US divers manifold: one valve, one first stage-no place for a second reg. When you put them together, you had to hold your tongue juust right to get the threads started.

I think I used doubles now and then after about dive 100.

dirtydon
05-01-2009, 19:47
sorry about not up dateing ,i'm over 60 dives now. went aow,resue,nitrox.deep,boat,starting dm mid may(for myself).dove great lakes (wreck), ohio quarrys,and the bahamas.looking to get set up for twins for ice next winter,and tobourmory this fall.looking at doubles for more safety deep(for me and dive buddy) i also use my 30cuft pony(didn't use in bahamas,blackbeard).tanks are my next purchase,using delta 4 on pony,mares ruby for single tank,will be using flathead VIs for doubles.have all my own equipment want drysuit,b/p besides tanks(single and double setup)still open to any and all help thank for your help and knowedge

jbres1
05-02-2009, 16:37
If you want to give a set of LP95's a try, come down to the Haigh quarry some weekend. I have both a set of LP95's and HP100's that you could try out to see if you liked one more than the other.

Just send me a note as to when you were going to come down so that I could plan to dive that weekend.

Jim Breslin

kat
05-02-2009, 23:46
If you want to give a set of LP95's a try, come down to the Haigh quarry some weekend. I have both a set of LP95's and HP100's that you could try out to see if you liked one more than the other.

Just send me a note as to when you were going to come down so that I could plan to dive that weekend.

Jim Breslin
Ah, another Haigh diver. My husband wants to go there on May 16th to try drysuits with some of his buddies. I'm coming with him the first weekend in June when the temps warm up a little.

WD8CDH
05-03-2009, 22:03
To keep the weight down, I would lean toward HP tanks too.

RoyN
05-04-2009, 11:31
LP95 are great for single tanks actually, for doubles, I let my friend use it because he is a huge tall guy.