PDA

View Full Version : My next Computer

CPTOZZY
05-02-2009, 18:55
looking for suggestions for my next computer. I want Nitrox/Trimix capable, with ability to handle decompression dives with multiple gasses (bottom and deco mixes). Air Integrated (I would like to be able to switch between pressures on bottom and deco mixes) user freindly and easy to read.

Hope I'm not asking for too much.....

Any suggestions????

Sansho
05-02-2009, 20:01
Don't know about air integrated .... on John Chatterton's last webinar, he indicated that he really liked the Shearwater dive computer, it's his current favorite.

ianr33
05-02-2009, 20:59
I was surprised to find that there is actually a gas integrated Trimix computer. http://www.divepursuits.com/news/2009/03/suunto-helo2-trimix-dive-computer Why anyone would use such a thing is beyond me.

IMHO there are only two trimix computers worth considering. Liquivision X1 and the Shearwater Pursuit. I borrowed a Shearwater last year for a few dives and liked it a lot. Its also a (relative) bargain at around $1100

kat
05-02-2009, 23:22
With only 50-100 logged dives (per your profile), are you ready for a Trimix computer? How long before you plan to go technical?

2Dogs
05-03-2009, 06:08
I love my Liquivision. Other than air integration it does everything you want. and the display is fantastic. I've not used a Shearwater so I can't comment on it.

fire diver
05-03-2009, 11:32
When you said trimix, the first thing that came to mind was the X1. I don't own one (WAYYYYY too much money), but I have heard alot of good reviews about it. thedecostop.com would be a good place to ask questions about trimix computers.

rongoodman
05-03-2009, 11:54
The Liquivision has a fantastic display and if you run V-Planner Live on it, it will match exactly the V-Planner software on your PC, Mac, or iPhone, with regular updates to fix problems and add features.

rustyshakelford
05-03-2009, 12:42
i have a shearwater and love it. it only has the nitrox unlocked but i plan on getting the trimix code before the end of the year.

brett