PDA

View Full Version : Reefmaster Mini

Divegirl
08-24-2007, 01:08
Hi all,

I purchased the Reefmaster Mini, and I have so many questions? Has anyone used this camera?

I have only had the opportunity to use the camera once, BUT THIS WEEKEND, I am going DIVING in San Carlos, Mexico. TO FUN

Do I need to buy a strobe? Or should I just practice with the camera for a while
Is the wide angle lense available yet? Do I need the lens?

Do you have pointer tips for helping me to take fantastic phots?

Love to hear from everyone, I am excited to be able to chat with other divers to learn. I am a newer diver, this is my 2nd year diving.

Hope to chat soon

creggur
08-24-2007, 06:59
Welcome to the board. Sounds like a great trip, you should post this over in the photography forum, that's where all of the shutterbugs hang out...

Here are some underwater photo tips from Larry on the ST site..
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/joelarry/goodphotos.asp

Welcome again, and enjoy the forums!!!

FishFood
08-24-2007, 07:07
THe link creggur posted is an excellent read. pay special attention to the two turtle shots.

The two most important things for the photographers is (incase Larry doesnt pound it through with his write up)... When you think you're close enough get closer, and dont shoot down on your objects, get level or below.

The lens I would wait on. KNow how to use the camera first.

The strobe would be nice. Much better pictures.

TxScubaBear
08-24-2007, 08:07
Excellent tips, thanks all!

Charlotte Smith
08-24-2007, 08:14
Welcome.....hope you like to read alot cause we all have alot to say!

georoc01
08-24-2007, 09:21
Hi all,

I purchased the Reefmaster Mini, and I have so many questions? Has anyone used this camera?

I have only had the opportunity to use the camera once, BUT THIS WEEKEND, I am going DIVING in San Carlos, Mexico. TO FUN

Do I need to buy a strobe? Or should I just practice with the camera for a while
Is the wide angle lense available yet? Do I need the lens?

Do you have pointer tips for helping me to take fantastic phots?

Love to hear from everyone, I am excited to be able to chat with other divers to learn. I am a newer diver, this is my 2nd year diving.

Hope to chat soon

I'd say just take it and keep working with it. I know I am getting better with each trip. I have the same camera, haven't bought the strobe yet, but it will come eventually.

I like being able to put the camera in my bcd pocket and pull it out when I decide to take some shots. If I decide not to on a given dive, that's cool too! Just don't forget to put the camera into sea mode before you dive :)

Foo2
08-24-2007, 10:35
Welcome to ST Divegirl! We're glad to have you here!

Divegirl
08-26-2007, 22:51
Hey, Just returned from San Carlos, Mexico, the first dive was awesome. The vis was fantastic, the sealions were very active. AND the camera, yea well i must say I do need work on that one. I somehow put the camera in video mood, and you guessed it, when i had a perfect shot of my hubby with a bull sealion, my camera only told me MEMORY FULL,
If anyone is considering purchasing the mini reefmaster, (I got my at Scubatoys) I found it is so easy to operate underwater, you can easily delete pictures quickly if need be underwater.
The menu is easy to read and the bottons easy to acces even with your gloves.

Great advise from everyone!!!, i have to spend some time to find out how to read different threads. LOL, i will get it.

Thanks all, i will take your advise

Divegirl