PDA

View Full Version : divenav e do ing

tfd86
05-09-2009, 06:32
Anyone try divenav's e diving over the off season? What do you think?

BubblesMcCoy
05-09-2009, 13:39

Would love to, but won't work on my computer.

PlatypusMan
05-10-2009, 10:20
There's an off season?

PPM

drifter136
05-10-2009, 12:00
I've played around with it a little bit. My computer runs it OK, but it could be smoother. My computer was built as a gaming computer, but that was 5 years ago, so it's dated now. I'm kinda bummed about the update. I only had enough bubble credits to buy the basic reg, BC, and only the depth gauge. No money left over for exposure protection, so my little dude starts freezing real quick. Turned my cold tolerance all the way up to help. And i don't have a pressure gauge or a bottom timer, so i have to guess on the air in my tank and the amount of time I'm down, as well as my ascent rate.

I have only managed to find around 3 bubble credit balls (total of about 8-10 credits worth). Where are they all at?

BubblesMcCoy
05-10-2009, 12:59
I've played around with it a little bit. My computer runs it OK, but it could be smoother. My computer was built as a gaming computer, but that was 5 years ago, so it's dated now. I'm kinda bummed about the update. I only had enough bubble credits to buy the basic reg, BC, and only the depth gauge. No money left over for exposure protection, so my little dude starts freezing real quick. Turned my cold tolerance all the way up to help. And i don't have a pressure gauge or a bottom timer, so i have to guess on the air in my tank and the amount of time I'm down, as well as my ascent rate.

I have only managed to find around 3 bubble credit balls (total of about 8-10 credits worth). Where are they all at?

So I take it that the program really stresses safety then.

drifter136
05-10-2009, 13:55
When I first started playing, they had it to where you start off with a full set of basic gear, including a basic dive computer. You would just upgrade with the bubble credits. After the update, they made it where you start off with basically nothing and about 200 bubble credits. That wasn't enough for me to buy much.

It is a pretty good sim in that you have to earn the right to dive deeper than 60 ft. by doing a certain number of dives greater than 30 ft but less than 60 ft. I died once by being determined I was going to get a bubble credit that was below 60 ft., so it does penalize you for trying to dive outside your "abilities". Your diver gets blurry vision and starts to shake if you get too cold, so thermal protection does mean something. I'm not sure what the consequence is for ascending too fast, since i haven't done that, but I think there is one.

It's free, so I'd suggest trying it out if it will run on your computer.

drifter136
05-10-2009, 14:03
Oh, and they did add buddy diving with the update. I haven't tried that since I don't know anyone playing it. Right now they are giving you 100 bubble credits for every person you refer to the program and goes through the orientation.

My username in the sim is "shaeffer83" if anyone would want to use me as a referal or wants to do a buddy dive sometime.

gee
05-10-2009, 18:56
I registered & downloaded the SW but the program crashed when I was getting to the gear selection. I got an error message that indicates my graphics card is not adequate. I'll see if a driver update is available and try later. It Looks like it may be interesting.

tfd86
05-14-2009, 12:09
drifter 136 if you plan a dive instead of just diving a site and follow your plan they reward you with 100 bubble points found that out after freezing for a while

drifter136
05-14-2009, 20:19
ah, cool! Thanks for the info. Is it a one time deal? Have to go try it!