PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chicagoland

h2odragon1
08-24-2007, 09:24
Hi all!
New to this board. My first dive was a discovery dive in Boracay Philippines 2002, Iwas hooked then and completed the course that week, and became OW PADI. I came home and started looking for a place for my wife to learn and become my dive buddy. I stayed ahead of her by taking AOW at Pearl Lake 2002. My wife took a while, but finally completed her leasons 2005 and took her OW cert. dives in Puerto Galera Philippines Nov. 2005.
We now take one weekend a month to dive locally at Haigh Quarry. We are getting used to each other as buddies, and improving our skills.
If anyone gets an opportuity to dive in the Philippines, TAKE IT!! You won't be disapointed. The Caribean has 76 Sp. of coral the Philippines 490! the Great Barrier Reef has only 300. there are over 2,000 Sp. of fish in the Philippines, and new discoveries are being made every day. There is a new area opening up in the central region of Panay Is. They will be ready fall 2008, ( new discoveries? you discover it you name it!).
I look forward to lively discussions.
dragon

Foo2
08-24-2007, 10:33
Welcome to ST Dragon! Thanks for the insight on the Philippines! It sounds beautiful. You should post more in the regional forums, I'm sure there are people that could gain from your experiences there!

Blaster
08-28-2007, 22:08
Hi and welcome

DivingsInMyBlood
08-28-2007, 22:09
hello and welcome