PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake is Back

rsmith4656
05-09-2009, 23:45
Six members of Tulsa Aquanauts dove North Park (just North of the boat ramp near the bluffs)area of Beaver Lake today and found viz to be 35-40 ft ( no kidding) and water temp 57 degrees down to 41 ft. We then went just a few yards to the bluffs area and had one of the best dives along the bluffs that I have had in years. Viz at Beaver is great at this time and water temps are warming up. Viz at the bluffs was the same but thermocline is around 42 ft and temps drops to a bone chilling 55 degrees down to 61 ft which was our max depth today. .
Keep your eye out for Dive Trainer Magizine for an artical on Beaver Lake sometime around September.

Dark Wolf
05-10-2009, 10:02
That is great to hear. I have a class scheduled for the first weekend in June, with some fun dives after. Glad that the conditions are better than last year.

DW

plot
05-10-2009, 19:32
i dove beaver yesturday at the foundations, vis was great once we got below about 15 feet.

downside is the lake level has raised 8 feet in the past 6 days according to the new owners of lost bridge marina.

rsmith4656
05-10-2009, 20:03
Plot check out this link for lake information.
http://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/WCDS/Reports/Data/Beaver.htm

rsmith4656
05-10-2009, 20:04
Plot I forgot about this one for latest conditions.
CandJSports Home (http://www.candjsports.com/)

rsmith4656
05-10-2009, 20:08
DW The Dam Site is currently close for errosion repairs, reopening date is unknown at this time. They have put a bunch if Rip Rap everywhere but the swim beach area and it will make it harder to enter or exit the water. They have piled up quite a bit of sand for repair of the swim beach area. You know the Army Corps. Of Engineers and speed.

lespaulsf
05-11-2009, 07:52
I can second what rsmith4656 said. We had alot of fun diving. These were the first dives I have done since out of OW cert class back in early April. The water was amazing clear which made the dives all the more enjoyable.

navyhmc
05-11-2009, 08:14
Going to try to make it to Beaver sometime this summer. Hop the vis is better than last year.

medicdiver
05-11-2009, 20:06
Now that I know the Viz is getting better, Navy and I need to make a trip out that way.

navyhmc
05-11-2009, 20:44
Give me a pm!

fire diver
05-11-2009, 22:02
Six members of Tulsa Aquanauts dove North Park (just North of the boat ramp near the bluffs)area of Beaver Lake today and found viz to be 35-40 ft ( no kidding) and water temp 57 degrees down to 41 ft. We then went just a few yards to the bluffs area and had one of the best dives along the bluffs that I have had in years. Viz at Beaver is great at this time and water temps are warming up. Viz at the bluffs was the same but thermocline is around 42 ft and temps drops to a bone chilling 55 degrees down to 61 ft which was our max depth today. .
Keep your eye out for Dive Trainer Magizine for an artical on Beaver Lake sometime around September.

Stop rubbing it in!!! I'm about to go postal if I can't get in the water soon.

Vlane
05-12-2009, 16:00
I couldn't believe the vis was that great when i dove it two weeks ago and on saturday. I was afraid every dive there was going to be 10-15 feet vis so i'm really looking forward to the summer and warmer waters!

rsmith4656
05-12-2009, 20:02
Firediver You are welcome to dive with our group any time. Keep an eye out on our message board at Tulsa Aquanauts (Tulsa, OK) - Meetup.com (http://www.tulsaaquanauts.com) I know you live far west of Tulsa but hey if you can meet us here you can ride with one of us when we go. Join our group if you wish.

BUDMAN
05-12-2009, 20:15
dove Beaver Lake mid-April. Best vis I have ever seen in a lake but man was it cold.
anyone else ever seen some monster crayfish in Beaver?

fire diver
05-12-2009, 20:16
Thanks for the offer, I just joined!

Unfortunately, ever since I got back, everyone in my life has been making plans for my time. Last Saturday was the first chance I had to dive, but I nobody else was able to. The weekend of the 26th I will be on a liveaboard, but I really wanted to get some catch-up dives in prior. Oh well.

BubblesMcCoy
05-13-2009, 08:12
Thanks for the offer, I just joined!

Unfortunately, ever since I got back, everyone in my life has been making plans for my time. Last Saturday was the first chance I had to dive, but I nobody else was able to. The weekend of the 26th I will be on a liveaboard, but I really wanted to get some catch-up dives in prior. Oh well.

I'm heading to Beaver on June 6th for a peak performance buoyancy workshop. Be happy to give you a ride from OKC.