PDA

View Full Version : Wireless transmitter question

dvinnola
05-10-2009, 20:49
I just got an Epic and was working my way through the manual (over 160 pages) this weekend and was attempting to do a batter check on the transmitter that came with it. Every time I attempt it, I get a "TMT 1 Unavail" response which, according to manual, means transmitter is not active or configured. I have tripled checked the set up, but was wondering if a transmitter is only seen if it is hooked up to a tank. That doesn't seem right to me as it seems I should be able to check status of it at any time. Am I not doing something correctly?
Thanks.

rawalker
05-10-2009, 21:54
You're assumption is correct the regulator must be on a tank and the valve opened to pressurize the system before the transmitter goes on.

dvinnola
05-10-2009, 22:02
Thanks for the fast response. So there is no way to check battery level or even transmitter function unless it is pressurized?

cummings66
05-11-2009, 07:52
If it's very old, IE over a year then replace it anyhow regardless if what it says. Those batteries don't cost much.

If you really want to know the status of it without attaching to a cylinder then you need to remove the battery and put a resistive load on it and measure the voltage at that point. Lot of work and since it's out anyhow I'd replace it then.