PDA

View Full Version : Table Rock Lake

Diving Jayhawk
05-12-2009, 03:17
Anyone know of good shore diving spots at Table Rock?

Also, if I get a hold of a boat, I know there are some good dives, but not sure where, any ideas?

snagel
05-12-2009, 05:20
Dewey Short (Visitor Center by the Dam) is the easiest shore diving I know of on the lake. I have also shore dove at Moonshine Beach. As far as other things, PM me your email....I have a listing by GPS of all the dive sites on the lake. There are several off Indian Point including the Zebulon Pike. Across from the State Park is Duck Island which isn't bad.

Snagel

fire diver
05-12-2009, 06:22
You can make a shore entry at the Indian point marina and swim out to a sunken boat. It's marked by an orange float ball on the surface.

skdvr
05-12-2009, 08:51
You can make a shore entry at the Indian point marina and swim out to a sunken boat. It's marked by an orange float ball on the surface.

Are you talking about the Zeb or the sunken boat off the island just south of the point? Either way I have not seen an orange float. I have not been out there this year yet so it may be new...

Phil

fire diver
05-12-2009, 08:55
No, this has been there for quite a while. If the lake is up a lot then the float may be under water right now.

This is not the zeb. If you go around the point (from the zeb) into the Indian Point marina you pass the break-water. a few hundred feet past the breakwater, on the right ride, about 100-200 fett form the shore is where the boat sits. It was sunk by the IndianPoint dive shop for use in thier classes, but anyone can dive it.

skdvr
05-12-2009, 10:33
No, this has been there for quite a while. If the lake is up a lot then the float may be under water right now.

This is not the zeb. If you go around the point (from the zeb) into the Indian Point marina you pass the break-water. a few hundred feet past the breakwater, on the right ride, about 100-200 fett form the shore is where the boat sits. It was sunk by the IndianPoint dive shop for use in thier classes, but anyone can dive it.

Thanks... I think that Snagle told me about that wreck. I just forgot about it. I may have to check that out this summer while I am there...

Thanks
Phil

bottomdweller
05-12-2009, 10:51
I have to agree with the others the best shore diving is Dewey Short.
I dived there Saturday 5/9/09 & vis was 10-20 ft & there are some great bluff walls at this site & you can dive as deep as you want.
Indian point & Moonshine beach are also pretty good shore dives.

Dark Wolf
05-14-2009, 13:45
The Lost Bridge is a great boat dive.

DW

moregooder
05-19-2009, 15:54
have a group diving the kimberling city area memorial day weekend, weather is coming around hoping for god vis on the bell. we will have a 60' house boat and a 24' tri toon with a full top, ya all welcome to stop by.

skdvr
05-20-2009, 03:51
Man I wish I was going to be down there this weekend... All work and no fun for me...

Let us know how it goes....

Have fun....

Phil

moregooder
05-28-2009, 19:22
1243 golf balls, 19 anchors, seven fishing poles, 1 cash registered. good trip, will be diving the old bridge in a month.

DJCAREY
05-29-2009, 01:55
With the lake level at 916ft, the orange ball for Indian Pt cabin cruiser is about a foot or 2 under water.

DJCAREY
05-29-2009, 01:58
and I think it is inline with the docks on the end closest to the entrance.

navyhmc
05-29-2009, 05:41
I'm going to have to hook up with some TRL divers sometime this summer... I hope!

bottomdweller
05-29-2009, 12:26
I'm going to have to hook up with some TRL divers sometime this summer... I hope!

We always need more divers here.
Party at Coastie6's house:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

navyhmc
05-29-2009, 14:23

I would love to make that do-able!:smiley20: but time lines are sketchy right now.:smiley19:

Dark Wolf
05-29-2009, 20:59
Party? PARTY?! AND DIVING?!?!

I AM IN!!!!! :D

DW

Coastie6
05-30-2009, 08:08

I would love to make that do-able!:smiley20: but time lines are sketchy right now.:smiley19:

Say what! No, happy plan something this summer. We should figure a time when a few of us can get together here. Phil has plans to be down in July so I'm hoping to meet him and at least have him over for some cocktails. I've already discussed this with Chief, bottomdweller and Snagel. Dark Wolf, you have an invite too; I see from your profile you're a mental health worker, I think we may need you with this crew! :smiley5:

skdvr
05-30-2009, 11:18
Yeah, we are supposed to be down there the week of 7-19 thru 7-26. We may be changing out plans to go up to North West Iowa instead so that my wifes family can see the twins. She was supposed to be up there this whole past week but one of the boys got sick and she did not want to do a 11 hour car ride with a sick baby and the posibility of the other one getting sick while she was up there. As of right now we are still planing on going down to TRL but I am just not 100% sure at this point...

I hope to see you guys in July...

Phil

Dark Wolf
05-30-2009, 20:22
Sounds like a great time! Let me know on the dates, and I will try my best to be there! I am actually only "Mental"! The "Health Worker" part just makes it sound more official! :D

DW

navyhmc
05-30-2009, 21:53
Sounds like a great time! Let me know on the dates, and I will try my best to be there! I am actually only "Mental"! The "Health Worker" part just makes it sound more official! :D

DW

It's true Coastie! They pay him to be there, that way he thinks he's cured and they can keep a close eye on him. :smilie39:

Coastie6
05-31-2009, 08:01

DW

It's true Coastie! They pay him to be there, that way he thinks he's cured and they can keep a close eye on him. :smilie39:

I think we're in trouble then. Who will look after the rest of us?

bottomdweller
05-31-2009, 10:10
Sorry for inviting myself & everyone else on the fourm to your pad!:smiley2:
We could do it at my house but I am as you know 30 mins fro the lake, & you are oh so close. But we definitly need to work something out where we can all get together & my house is available for get togethers, partys, or if someone needs a place to crash, I charge way less than those motels in Branson!!:smiley36:

By the way Beach Bum, myself, & the wife are heading to Dewey short this morning. I am waiting on Beach Bum to show up & then we load the black & maroon tracker & head out. Speak of the devil there he is.
We should arrive at Dewey in about 45 mis or so.
Matbe I will see you there!!

Coastie6
05-31-2009, 15:18

Well, I'd be willing to host cocktails, a meal or two, and a boat ride to some dive sites (I'll do six divers max on my 14 capacity pontoon). As far as accommodations, there are two resorts a few hundred steps, or stumbles from my place. One is on the water and offers cabins that can sleep up to 4 persons each for $74 a night. The other is across the road from the water but offers a large home unit which sleeps 15-20 for about $425 a night. Both resorts have dock space available and pontoon rentals. As far as a group gathering goes, late summer might be best to look at as far as our schedule and accommodation availability goes.

neogeo
05-31-2009, 16:25

Well, I'd be willing to host cocktails, a meal or two, and a boat ride to some dive sites (I'll do six divers max on my 14 capacity pontoon). As far as accommodations, there are two resorts a few hundred steps, or stumbles from my place. One is on the water and offers cabins that can sleep up to 4 persons each for $74 a night. The other is across the road from the water but offers a large home unit which sleeps 15-20 for about $425 a night. Both resorts have dock space available and pontoon rentals. As far as a group gathering goes, late summer might be best to look at as far as our schedule and accommodation availability goes.

sounds like it could be a fun get together!

bottomdweller
05-31-2009, 16:51
Back from Dewey, surface was 76 degrees, 53 degrees at 75'.
Vis was crap, maybe 5' down to 30' after 30ft it opened up & from 50'- 75' it was way better, 20' at least.
Back to the get together, Beach bum & I would be more than happy to throw in some $$$ to rent another poontoon so we can take anyone who wants to go. I am open to just about any weekend all summer long, so if you want to come up & dive table rock just let me know.
The more weekends I dive the better!!!

skdvr
05-31-2009, 21:25
If we can work something out and "IF" I am down there I could take my dads pontoon out as well. 4 divers with gear starts to get kind of tight but we could probably do 6. I actually took 8 divers out last year from the board but with that many there was no way we could dive off the boat without really staggering the gearing up and exiting the boat. So we beached the boat on a little island by Breezy point for 2 dives.

I will let you guys know more as I know more of what my plans are. But it looks like the 25th and 26th will be my diving days. I have another buddy that will be coming down to my house for that weekend. It is looking like my wife is leaning a little more twards going to the lake instead of back home to Iowa that week. Although her grandma is not doing the greatest and she would really like for her to see the boys. She is trying to plan to get up there before July, but we will just have to see...

Phil

Fireman6458
06-09-2009, 21:09
I am leaving for Tablerock on Saturday the 13th. If anyone is going to be down there between the 13th and 21st, Send me a p.m. as I do not have anyone to dive with at the moment. Thought about solo, but I really don't know where to go. I am going to call the State park marina and get some info from them. You can also e-mail @ cstanford@iaff2665.org if you are wanting to go diving during these dates. I may even be able to sneak over to Oronogo as I have never been there either. Depends on how short of a leash the wife keeps me on this vacation! Hope to meet some of you soon. Take care.:smiley20:

Dark Wolf
06-09-2009, 22:04
I will be at Oronogo the 20th and 21st. Clay and I have been talking about getting his boat in the water when he gets back off the road. I will see what he has planned for those dates.....

DW

Fireman6458
06-10-2009, 08:06
Sounds great. I have been looking forward to this for quite awhile now. My father in law is taking his boat along, he doesn't dive but I may be able to get him to take us where we need to go. I am pretty sure any excuse to get away from the mother in law and be on the water is fine with him.

bottomdweller
06-10-2009, 08:43
I am leaving for Tablerock on Saturday the 13th. If anyone is going to be down there between the 13th and 21st, Send me a p.m. as I do not have anyone to dive with at the moment. Thought about solo, but I really don't know where to go. I am going to call the State park marina and get some info from them. You can also e-mail @ cstanford@iaff2665.org if you are wanting to go diving during these dates. I may even be able to sneak over to Oronogo as I have never been there either. Depends on how short of a leash the wife keeps me on this vacation! Hope to meet some of you soon. Take care.:smiley20:

You might check out the Midwest forum.
Diver-Mike is looking for a dive buddy for table rock the same week you are going to be there.

designer_mel
06-10-2009, 14:25
I suggest calling Scuba Sports 417-334-9073 out of Branson also. They can suggest some great dive spots and may be out diving themselves!! Diving at Table Rock Dam is a favorite spot also....on a weekend there are usually divers there. Shore entry dive and close to parking. Great lake to dive - have fun!!!