PDA

View Full Version : Miflex with Atomic SS1

ScubaCaveman
05-14-2009, 15:34
I am interested in switching out my hoses for Miflex. I use an Atomic SS1 as my BC inflator/safe-second. Does anyone know if there is any issue with this? Can I just switch out the rubber inflator hose for the Miflex and I'm good to go?

CompuDude
05-14-2009, 15:49
Yes. Just make sure you get the correct Miflex hose. Call ScubaToys and they'll make sure for you. :)

thor
05-14-2009, 16:27
What would be the advantage of using a Miflex for an inflator hose?

terrillja
05-14-2009, 17:14
Easier to pack, abrasion resistance, in doubles you can tend to get some pretty tight bends, which miflex can better handle.

I'm hoping to go all miflex (including HP) this summer so I can pack my reg more easily when I go overseas in the fall.

CompuDude
05-14-2009, 17:57

As stated, lighter packing is one, but the big one is quite often there is a tight bend at the back end of the hose where it comes off the inflator and hooks into the first stage. Puts stress on a rubber hose, but no sweat for Miflex.

But if there's no tight curve in your routing, I agree, that's one hose where the utility is debateable.

However, in this instance, it's a combo octo-inflator, so it'll benefit some additionally when being used as a reg.

ScubaCaveman
05-15-2009, 10:45

As stated, lighter packing is one, but the big one is quite often there is a tight bend at the back end of the hose where it comes off the inflator and hooks into the first stage. Puts stress on a rubber hose, but no sweat for Miflex.

But if there's no tight curve in your routing, I agree, that's one hose where the utility is debateable.

However, in this instance, it's a combo octo-inflator, so it'll benefit some additionally when being used as a reg.

That is exactly what I was thinking. My inflator is also my safe-second so I was looking for some benefit there.