PDA

View Full Version : Table Rock - Boat Slip

snagel
05-15-2009, 06:01
SteveC and I purchased a 24' pontoon boat last fall and are hoping to get it in the water this summer. We are in the process of equiping it as a dive boat (didn't get as much done over the winter as we hoped, but still have plans to set sail sometime in the near future).

We would like to keep it somewhere on Table Rock in a boat slip to avoid having to tow it back and forth eating up valuable dive time.

We talked to the State Park Marina, but was wondering if anybody could point us in the right direction for somewhere we can rent a boat slip on an annual or semi-annual basis. The SP is doable, but a little pricey.

Snagel

snipecall
05-15-2009, 08:07
Indian Point Dive Center (http://www.indianpointdivecenter.com/)

Coastie6
05-15-2009, 22:16
Check out Cricket Creek Marina On Table Rock Lake Near Branson Missouri Rentals and Rates (http://www.cricketcreek.com/RentalRates.htm)

snagel
05-16-2009, 07:19
Thanks for the links....how far by water is Cricket Creek to Indian Point and the Dam? I've been there once and believe it is South of Branson?

S. Nagel

Coastie6
05-16-2009, 11:19
Thanks for the links....how far by water is Cricket Creek to Indian Point and the Dam? I've been there once and believe it is South of Branson?

S. Nagel

Snagel, looks to be about 8 - 10 miles to the Dam. Cricket Creek is just over the Missouri Arkansas line. Here's a link to the ACOE pdf map of the lake http://www.swl.usace.army.mil/parks/tablerock/pdf/tr_lake_map3.pdf

navyhmc
05-16-2009, 11:29

S. Nagel

The dam is 12 miles from Cricket Creek and Indian Point is 15 miles. The distance is a mid-channel calculation. You might be able to cut a mile or so off by going through the shallower water-don't have a depth map so I can't say that you won't go aground if you cut the corners. You are right, Cricket Creek is South of Barason, just inside Arkansas

Coastie6
05-16-2009, 16:20

S. Nagel

The dam is 12 miles from Cricket Creek and Indian Point is 15 miles. The distance is a mid-channel calculation. You might be able to cut a mile or so off by going through the shallower water-don't have a depth map so I can't say that you won't go aground if you cut the corners. You are right, Cricket Creek is South of Barason, just inside Arkansas

Chief, Thanks for the accurate calculation on the distance. Didn't put the dividers to it, I was eyeballing it off the online ACOE chart (they refer to it as a "map").

snagel
05-17-2009, 06:35
Thanks guys for the information. I am hoping to get a little closer to the park area and Indian point since this is where most of the dive spots are located. However, if all else fails, I will give them a call.

Snagel

Coastie6
05-17-2009, 08:02
Thanks guys for the information. I am hoping to get a little closer to the park area and Indian point since this is where most of the dive spots are located. However, if all else fails, I will give them a call.

Snagel

I understand. I knew Cricket Creek was affordable because my in-laws kept their boat there for years before they moved to the lake.

I'll let you know if I find something. I'm checking around for other options, not sure if the Port of Kimberling has monthly/annual slip rental, I've sent them an e-mail to inquire.

Unfortunately it's against ACOE regulation to rent a private slip, otherwise I'd probably be able to find you several slips.