PDA

View Full Version : Ocean news.. any interest?

Osprey
08-24-2007, 10:44
I was just wondering how much interest would be in this. Every day I read news articles involving our oceans, waterways, etc. These past few weeks alone, BP tried to dump a ton of waste into Lake Michigan (but called it off after over 50k people petitioned), a diesel spill threatens life in a B.C. waterway (including 200 residential orcas), the Navy is trying to test new sonar waves in a protected Hawaii reserve (petitions are out now to stop them and help save the dolphins), and a scientist thinks that growing more greenhouse gas-eating plankton in the sea can slow global warming. On a less scary note, blue whales have been sighted off the coast of Canada, bringing hope to the species' rebound.

Clearly, there is A WHOLE LOT going on in our water at any given time, I'm just wondering if there's anyone here that would like to read, and share, whatever watery news they happen to find.

Anyone?

Jaymeany
08-24-2007, 10:57
Sounds like a great topic to me and a caring audience. I get an rss feed from reefs.org so i could share a lot!

gtjason2000
08-24-2007, 11:09
I would definitely be interested

Osprey
08-24-2007, 11:26
:)

Also, I think if it goes through, we need to try to make sure we don't post the same thing twice.. but if it DOES occur, be nice about it. I have been on other sites where if news is posted more than once, people get all bent of shape over it. Let's face it, there is news happening all the time.. something is bound to get crossed!

Jaymeany- I actually hadn't seen the website you talked about- awesome!

wgt
11-08-2007, 06:56
Great concept, Osprey.

wgt
11-21-2007, 17:23
Billions of jellyfish wipe out N. Irish salmon farm - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/11/21/salmon.jellyfish.ap/index.html)