PDA

View Full Version : CSSP vs Blue Lagoon

kkw_archer
05-15-2009, 14:58
Just wanting to get some opinions from divers who have been to both Clear Springs Scuba Park and Blue Lagoon. I have dove CSSP several times, but I have not yet made it down to Blue Lagoon. What all does Blue Lagoon have to offer as far as things to see, and what are the prices down there?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
05-15-2009, 20:09
CSSP is far superior to Blue Lagoon in my opinion. The Blue Lagoon does not have near as much as CSSP to see and do. Grounds at CSSP are much nicer as well. Water gets muddy real fast at Blue Lagoon and vis goes away early in the day as divers get in the lake.

UofTOrange
05-23-2009, 19:55
CSSP is far superior to Blue Lagoon in my opinion. The Blue Lagoon does not have near as much as CSSP to see and do. Grounds at CSSP are much nicer as well. Water gets muddy real fast at Blue Lagoon and vis goes away early in the day as divers get in the lake.

The vis in lake 2 at Blue Lagoon has always been awesome for me, but I do like to arrive at dive sites a little before they open. Never been to CSSP before

wwdiver
05-23-2009, 20:20
I haven't been to CSSP but Blue Lagoon usually has good visibility. Only problem is, there isn't much to see.. I've been there twice that they didn't have the air fill station working. They were nice enough one time to refund my entry fee though (considering that I drove from Austin and the nearest fill was in Conroe 35 minutes away). I've heard they've got the air problem worked out and are working on improving the property under new ownership.

UofTOrange
05-23-2009, 20:42
I haven't been to CSSP but Blue Lagoon usually has good visibility. Only problem is, there isn't much to see.. I've been there twice that they didn't have the air fill station working. They were nice enough one time to refund my entry fee though (considering that I drove from Austin and the nearest fill was in Conroe 35 minutes away). I've heard they've got the air problem worked out and are working on improving the property under new ownership.

Ya, with BL to keep it clear they have no wildlife

Coaster
05-24-2009, 22:24
CSSP is my preference diving and I enjoy the piney woods of BL.