PDA

View Full Version : Murray Lake Memorial Weekend

Oki Dirt Diver
05-17-2009, 10:25
Anyone going to Murray next weekend, what's the water temp this time of year? :smilie40:

Okc_diver
05-18-2009, 20:35
Another time for me. Would like to go sometime but I will be in the warm waters of Cozumel this weekend. I have heard that murry has a thermocline but haven't dove there. The only lake I have dove at is Elmer thomas last Oct. for my AOW. If you need someone to go with I have weekends off. I am looking for dive buddies all the time but haven't had any luck yet. Anyway, Murray would be packed full of divers for the holiday weekend.

Oki Dirt Diver
05-19-2009, 16:02
Another time for me. Would like to go sometime but I will be in the warm waters of Cozumel this weekend. I have heard that murry has a thermocline but haven't dove there. The only lake I have dove at is Elmer thomas last Oct. for my AOW. If you need someone to go with I have weekends off. I am looking for dive buddies all the time but haven't had any luck yet. Anyway, Murray would be packed full of divers for the holiday weekend.

Hope you have a good time down at Coz, I'll be their for a couple weeks the end of July and cant wait! We'll have to get together and do some dives this summer at murray.:smiley20:

Okc_diver
05-19-2009, 22:45
Hope you have a good time down at Coz, I'll be their for a couple weeks the end of July and cant wait! We'll have to get together and do some dives this summer at murray.:smiley20:

I'll send you a PM with my phone number

shawnwill36
05-20-2009, 10:24
temp was about 70. vis up to 12 ft at about 15 ft down. no thermocline but we only went about 30 ft. was mainly working out some weight issues. i know the local dive shop owner so if you want some info message me. we may come out there if ya'll will be there

Oki Dirt Diver
05-20-2009, 10:30
temp was about 70. vis up to 12 ft at about 15 ft down. no thermocline but we only went about 30 ft. was mainly working out some weight issues. i know the local dive shop owner so if you want some info message me. we may come out there if ya'll will be there

I'm thinking about going down Saturday morning, do you dive the Martins Landing beach area?

shawnwill36
05-22-2009, 09:07
thats where i was last weekend.

Oki Dirt Diver
05-22-2009, 09:22
I'll be down there Sat. morning around 8:30. I drive a yellow ford truck if you come down this weekend!

MagnaBoxer
05-27-2010, 07:35
We're still debating on Murray for the weekend. My wife has to work Saturday so maybe we'll be there Sunday or Monday. Gonna be a lot of boat traffic and a lot of other divers I'm sure. If not Murray we may end up at CSSP.

cowgirldiver
06-01-2010, 11:44
I'm thinking about going down to Murray on June 12. The guys from PC are supposed to be there that day and will likely have the pontoon boat out. If I go, it will likely be in the afternoon, though I think they are planning on getting there earlier.

cowgirldiver
06-14-2010, 20:32
I did dive at Lake Murray this last weekend, though on Sunday instead of Saturday. There was a noticeable absence of divers!! Perhaps it was the 4 or so foot vis....The water temp was fairly toasty in the upper regions though it was around 66 degrees at 52 feet. The boat was pretty full with 8 students working on their OW. I dove with a couple of guys who were with their friends but were already certified. After one dive, we were celebrating our navigational skills in that we surfaced right by the boat. That is until we noticed that it had come untied and drifted away from it's original mooring!! It was certainly good for a laugh.