PDA

View Full Version : And once again ST comes through!

navyhmc
05-18-2009, 16:25
I ordered a Neosport John and Jacket 13 days ago on a thursday, thinking it would arrive on Monday for a dive the following friday. On Monday, I get a call from Wade sayingthat it was on back order and they would ship when it arrived. Since I was diving the next weekend, they drop shipped it from Henderson. It was late friday when it arrived (not ST's fault-rather UPS). So a weekend of diving went as planned! Thanks Greg and Wade!

cruzan
06-01-2009, 19:49
I ordered a Neosport John and Jacket 13 days ago on a thursday, thinking it would arrive on Monday for a dive the following friday. On Monday, I get a call from Wade sayingthat it was on back order and they would ship when it arrived. Since I was diving the next weekend, they drop shipped it from Henderson. It was late friday when it arrived (not ST's fault-rather UPS). So a weekend of diving went as planned! Thanks Greg and Wade!

Love ST and thanks for ordering Henderson they're local to us so it keeps our neighbors employed.:smiley20:

hornet
06-01-2009, 20:32
I’ve been looking at the Neosport John and Jacket. Did you get the 7mm. Am I thinking right that this will give you a 14mm mid with arms and legs at 7mm. What is the water temp that you are using this in? Thanks for any info

navyhmc
06-01-2009, 23:06
Iíve been looking at the Neosport John and Jacket. Did you get the 7mm. Am I thinking right that this will give you a 14mm mid with arms and legs at 7mm. What is the water temp that you are using this in? Thanks for any info

I did get the 7mm. Yes, that is 14mm on the core. Average surface temp is around 60f and deep is 50f I usually stay nice and warm. The nice thing about that amount of insulation is you can do 3-4 dives in that cold water and still have a good core temp when you're done. With a 7mm one piece I was starting to get a little cool after dive #2. I still did the other dives, I was just a little cooler in the core than now.

I like the neopsort J&J, easy to get on and definitely keeps me warm. I am very pleased with mine.

hornet
06-02-2009, 06:05
Thanks for the info. From what I can find the water temp around here really doesn’t get to warm so I was looking to go this route then when I do find a spot that is warmer I can just use the Coat.

bottomdweller
06-02-2009, 09:57
Iíve been looking at the Neosport John and Jacket. Did you get the 7mm. Am I thinking right that this will give you a 14mm mid with arms and legs at 7mm. What is the water temp that you are using this in? Thanks for any info

I did get the 7mm. Yes, that is 14mm on the core. Average surface temp is around 60f and deep is 50f I usually stay nice and warm. The nice thing about that amount of insulation is you can do 3-4 dives in that cold water and still have a good core temp when you're done. With a 7mm one piece I was starting to get a little cool after dive #2. I still did the other dives, I was just a little cooler in the core than now.

I like the neopsort J&J, easy to get on and definitely keeps me warm. I am very pleased with mine.

My two brother-in-laws & I have this same john & jacket & we have used it in water down to 43 degrees. It keeps us nice & warm & at that price I don't think you can go wrong.
As navy said it is very easy to get on & off.

bennerman
06-02-2009, 14:23
Lol, almost an inch in the core... what are you, some kind of tank/spacecraft/barracaded door?

navyhmc
06-03-2009, 00:34
Lol, almost an inch in the core... what are you, some kind of tank/spacecraft/barracaded door?

It's kind of interesting, I really don't notice it that much. But hey, when
in cold water, it's very nice. And it's just a little less than 9/16" or .55" Not even near an inch. I used to dive 33f water in a 1/2 compressed neophrene dry suit.

Aquintero
06-11-2009, 15:03
henderson wetsuits are the best