PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Excursion

Phestr
08-24-2007, 12:09
I heard a rumor that this BC can be converted to doubles easily. Anyone done this? Also, any info on add-on pockets?

Oceanicdb
08-24-2007, 14:08
Excursion BC's can easily be adapted for use with double tanks....no rumor. Check out the lower right hand corner of this page with our double tank bracket.

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_bcs_excursion.html

Add on pocket will be available in about 30-45 days. Don't know final price as of yet. Pocket will be easily added with existing grommet holes on BC.

Darryl

comet24
08-24-2007, 18:03
Great to hear about the pocket. Any spec on it available yet.

Phestr
08-24-2007, 20:26
Thanx for the info, Darryl. It's nice to have a rep watching the board, especially since much of my gear is Oceanic.

CARDIVER
10-06-2007, 21:23
Any word on that pocket? Also, any chance of getting a pic thats bigger than a postage stamp of the doubles bracket? :smiley29:

cyclone
10-06-2007, 22:33
Wow, this is so cool. Good thing when I was first choosing which BCD should I buy. I ended up with this BCD among the rest. And it's good to hear about the good features of it hence a lot of people criticize this when I bought it. Good find for the optional parts...:smiley20:

comet24
11-19-2007, 21:35
Excursion BC's can easily be adapted for use with double tanks....no rumor. Check out the lower right hand corner of this page with our double tank bracket.

Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba Diving Buoyancy Compensators - Excursion (http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_bcs_excursion.html)

Add on pocket will be available in about 30-45 days. Don't know final price as of yet. Pocket will be easily added with existing grommet holes on BC.

Darryl

Any word on the pockets.

Oceanicdb
11-20-2007, 08:12
The long awaited pocket was shown again at the DEMA show. I will get a definative answer today. We are being told any day now.

Darryl

Krafcheck
11-21-2007, 07:41
What size doubles can that bracket hold?

AL 80's, Steel 119's .....

I dont dive doubles but would like to know. Excursions are great BC's. Me and my brother both have one. My wife got one also but sold it after my brothers wife got a Hera. After trying hers on she knew she had to get one. I think she likes the vest style better plus I think do to female reasons it was a better fit. The resale on ebay was awesome for that excursion. I guess people know it is a great bc.

All four of us have been real pleased with Oceanic gear. We all have a Oceanic BC, Air XSII, GT3 CDX5 reg (would like to get Delta 4), and we all have the VT3 computer. And one oceanic mask that I bought in 1993 that i still use.

Hollywood703
12-23-2007, 07:27
Have the exact same gear as Kraf, except the Pro Plus 2 instead of the vt3. Is there some information on this pocket, i havent seen anything on Oceanics site......I love my excursion, and am glad that I went with it.

Oceanicdb
01-07-2008, 10:54
Contacted Oceanic today regarding the long awaited Utility Pocket. Pocket part number is 08.0114. We have the pockets in stock but are currently waiting on the attachment hardware. I am expecting a answer on arrival of hardware and available ship date today or tomorrow.

Darryl

CARDIVER
02-05-2008, 15:59
Any updates on the hardware, Darryl?

Hollywood703
03-15-2008, 10:37
Nothing on Oceanics Website....i think its a hoax. Nothing even by search on google!

mm2002
03-16-2008, 16:04
I hated the roll down pocket on the Excursion, so I got this Zeagle: LINK (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleSportPocket)
It fits great on the belly strap, and is in the perfect location. Too bad it's not Oceanic, but it works!

comet24
04-27-2008, 17:31
Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba Diving Buoyancy Compensators - Excursion (http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_bcs_excursion.html)

Right side half way down the page.

Just had my LDS order one. Should have it for my next dive in two weeks as long as Oceanic is ready to ship them. Will post when I get it.

comet24
05-17-2008, 19:03
I order the pocket and have it but didn't get any mounting hardware.

Do you have a mounting hardware kit? Is it supposed to come with the pocket? What would be the part number of the kit.

BTW the pocket is look nice and well made.