PDA

View Full Version : Protein powder/supplements...

PTAaron
05-21-2009, 23:06
I'm new here... but I found the fitness section here so I thought I would post a little info. This is not spam, but if it violates any forum rules let me know.

I am a physical therapist and a personal trainer - and I also run a fitness/bodybuilding forum (I won't post a link because I don't know if that is allowed on here) so I have some good ideas on where to get protein powder and related supplements that some of you may like to incorporate in your fitness/workout programs.

First suggestion is True Protein (True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements (http://www.TrueProtein.com)) - they are a great source of REALLY cheap protein powder and other high quality supplements. I don't work for them, but I have used their products for years... and they have given me a discount code to help bring in new customers: AAL229 will save 5% off an order.

Another suggestion is to check out www . Zupplements.com (fixed link so it just shows the name) - they sell most name brand supplements that you may want, and have great prices as well. I also don't work for them, but they owner is a friend of mine and owns the forum I run.

Just wanted to share that information - and say that if anyone has fitness related questions I'm happy to help out!

FishFood
05-21-2009, 23:25
Or you could eat lean meat and call it a day :smiley20::smilie40:

You know my favorite? SPAM

Oh, welcome to the forum!

PTAaron
05-21-2009, 23:30
Of course... real food is always better than supplements. That is why they are called supplements ;)

FishFood
05-21-2009, 23:32
Okay - Ill bite, what makes your product (oh wait, it's not "your" product right? ;) ) better than say... the big jug of whey powder from GNC? I'm reffering to the "True Protein".

EDIT -

Also, what's the cholesterol count for the True Protein vs others like GNC? I know the GNC junk always seemed to have pretty high cholesterol numbers.

PTAaron
05-21-2009, 23:37
It isn't my product... I just buy from them and like their products. Feel free to search PTAaron on google - you'll see that I am not Doug, Dante, or Carl (the guys that own TP). I actually buy my protein powder from Vitamin Shoppe because they keep having sales. I buy other stuff from TP because they sell in bulk and they are cheap.

Why is it better than GNC? It is a lot cheaper, that's about it. Try it or don't... I just wanted to share the info. Guess I should have known better than to try to post about it as a newbie to the site - looks too much like spam.

FishFood
05-21-2009, 23:42
Well Crap. Guess you're not a troll then. Kinda ruins the spririt of this thread... :smilie39:

In all sincerity, welcome to the forum. Hang your hat and stay a spell :smiley31:

PTAaron
05-21-2009, 23:48
Feel free to delete the thread then if you want.
I run a forum and am a moderator on another right now... been a moderator on many others, so I know how it looks - and I realized that as soon as I hit send.

I had a great experience buying from scubatoys, so I signed up to the forum last month - and I wanted to try to be active in some way... so this was my idea for a contribution since I'm a total scuba newbie and have nothing of value to add in that sense.

Glad to see you guys keep an eye out for trolls and spammers though. I'm just a bodybuilder trying to become a diver, and trying to share my other passion.

Again, delete this if it tastes too much like spam to you.

FishFood
05-21-2009, 23:53
Heck - I'm no moderator - Just havin a little fun on a Thursday night. Don't mind me. Sure would hate for you to get a taste of this forum based on me alone - Larry wouldn't like me runnin off his business like that. :smiley2:

I hope you'll accpet my apologies for the accusations. :wave:

PTAaron
05-21-2009, 23:56
Not a problem... I would have done the same thing if you popped up on my board talking about a great scuba shop in your first 3 posts. ;)

rmkrause
05-30-2009, 22:56
Haven't tried TP but will second that Vitamin Shoppe is a good place to buy sups from - Optimum Nutrition Whey (I like the 100% natural vanilla) is a good choice and VS occasionally has it on sale (and/or free shipping)

PTAaron
05-30-2009, 23:02
Yeah, ON has some great flavors too.

The Bodytech stuff is what I buy from Vitamin Shoppe - they do a buy one get one half off sale every now and then, and I will load up.

sravin1
05-31-2009, 01:03
switched to true protein recently. was using EAS and GNC before. did not like the fact that they had artificial sweetners...also at TP you can customize your protein or just get plain un sweetenedwhey that you can add to any of your drinks or smoothies.

IrishSquid
05-31-2009, 12:50
...Again, delete this if it tastes too much like spam to you.
I like the Muscle Milk products, very tasty.
I don't know how I feel about a drink that tastes too much like Spam.:smilie39:
I know it's pretty good when fried crispy.:smiley2:

Just raggin'. We're a rowdy, bawdy bunch of jokers sometimes.
Welcome Aboard!
This is really a great site. :smiley20: