PDA

View Full Version : Right shoulder dump

thor
05-22-2009, 10:33
I noticed that the new Ranger LTD has a right shoulder dump. Is it feasible to add one to an older Brigade?

MagnaBoxer
05-22-2009, 11:46
Doubtful, not without changing out the bladder anyways. Would be nice if it were though as I've had the exact same thought. Mine seems to get a wrinkle in the top, just behind the neck, when partially inflated which makes it difficult to fully deflate when in an upright position.

DevilDiver
05-22-2009, 13:33
The Brigade has a left shoulder dump (pull the inflater hose). I am not sure if you would need a left and right.

I personally would not recommend a DIY dump for any wing.

Splitlip
05-22-2009, 15:26
The Brigade has a left shoulder dump (pull the inflater hose). I am not sure if you would need a left and right.

I personally would not recommend a DIY dump for any wing.

+1

Another thing to go wrong and more uneeded tasking. The top arc of the Z wings will vent with just 1 shoulder dump (or the inflator). Only time I can imagine using the shoulder dump is if perhaps one is using an alternate octo inflator and having trouble managing that. Although, every octo inflator I have used can be vented at the second stage without affecting it's use as a breather. It works fine in a head up accent which I think is S.O.P. with a short hose.

You want something to keep you up at night? How many bottom dumps does your wing have? :smiley36:
I do most of my dumping from the bottom. I am either horizontal or slightly head down during most of the dive. I have a donut wing so I can easily maneuver the bubble to the single bottom dump.

ScottZeagle
05-26-2009, 09:42
I noticed that the new Ranger LTD has a right shoulder dump. Is it feasible to add one to an older Brigade?

No....

DevilDiver
05-26-2009, 20:55

No....:smilie39:

ScottZeagle
05-27-2009, 08:02
What's so funny??

I had to put the ... on there, because the forum requires at least 5 characters!!!

:)

thor
05-27-2009, 09:33

No....

Thanks Scott. That's all I wanted to know. Definitely a tough crowd.

ScottZeagle
05-27-2009, 13:44
Sometimes, especially on the internet, people tend to want to qualify their answers - when all someone wants to know is YES or NO.

I figured that after 3 answers, maybe I could just get away with a simple NO.

(but here I am anyway, expounding on my original response...go figure!!)

Splitlip
05-27-2009, 17:00
Sometimes, especially on the internet, people tend to want to qualify their answers - when all someone wants to know is YES or NO.

I figured that after 3 answers, maybe I could just get away with a simple NO.

(but here I am anyway, expounding on my original response...go figure!!)

It's the internet....