PDA

View Full Version : Roll call OW lake July 14/15

Venio
07-11-2007, 23:55
Who is going to CSSP this weekend for checkout dives with ST?

PlatypusMan
07-12-2007, 00:17

I'll be out there on Sunday with the Rescue class.

Unknown right now if we'll use the ST pavilion or the Rescue Dock.

Vercingetorix
07-12-2007, 11:43
I'll be out there on Sunday with the Rescue class.

Unknown right now if we'll use the ST pavilion or the Rescue Dock.

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Hey, Platy, join us (Rescue) on Saturday. You're my favorite victim.http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif</DIV>

Vercingetorix
07-12-2007, 11:51
Venio, if your OW lets out early in Saturday or Sunday, come on over to the Rescue class (we'll be at the pavillions by th plane; to the left, far end,after you enter the CSSP grounds). Come and see what you'll eventually be involved with. And don't be surprised if an instructor walks over to you and whispers to you to fall down and "fake" a choking or heart attack. They'll want to see if we Rescue students are observing both land and water situations.

NewDaScuba13
07-12-2007, 12:39
I'll be out there for Open Water check-out dive!

ertechsg
07-12-2007, 13:24
(we'll be at the pavillions by th plane; to the left, far end,after you enter the CSSP grounds). Come and see what you'll eventually be involved with. And don't be surprised if an instructor walks over to you and whispers to you to fall down and "fake" a choking or heart attack. They'll want to see if we Rescue students are observing both land and water situations. Can't swim that far air won't last.

TommyB
07-12-2007, 19:41
I'll be there.
Just finished up the pool sessions with Patrick today.

What a blast..
I must say, Patrick is a great teacher, very detailed, and patient.
Remind me to never go to "Jack in the Box" and have spicy chicken lunch. :)
What heartburn, thought I was going to have to call it a day (but found the tums) ---

Just need to figure out the secret of this Zegal Brigade that keeps pushing
my face into the water.

Vercingetorix
07-13-2007, 10:55
Just need to figure out the secret of this Zegal Brigade that keeps pushing my face into the water.
Given that it's a a rear-inflate, don'tfill it all the way and you'll be fine. I used Brigade during my OW and use a BP/W now. Now, when you want to totally relax on the surface, full inflate and lay back flat. My divemates with their wrap-around inflates were jealous.

TxHockeyGuy
07-13-2007, 12:11
I'll be there.
Just finished up the pool sessions with Patrick today.

What a blast..
I must say, Patrick is a great teacher, very detailed, and patient.
Remind me to never go to "Jack in the Box" and have spicy chicken lunch. :)
What heartburn, thought I was going to have to call it a day (but found the tums) ---

Just need to figure out the secret of this Zegal Brigade that keeps pushing
my face into the water.

As was already stated don't fully inflate the BCD, inflate it just enough to stay on the surface. Also, if you have rear trim pockets you might try putting about 1/3 of your weight there, that does help some. The most important thing though is always float on your back at least slightly. Don't try to swim forward or the bladder will do exactly what it is designed to do, trim you out horizontally and put your face in the water. Of course underwater that's exactly that you want.

TommyB
07-13-2007, 20:36
As was already stated don't fully inflate the BCD, inflate it just enough to stay on the surface. Also, if you have rear trim pockets you might try putting about 1/3 of your weight there, that does help some. The most important thing though is always float on your back at least slightly. Don't try to swim forward or the bladder will do exactly what it is designed to do, trim you out horizontally and put your face in the water. Of course underwater that's exactly that you want.

Figured it out.. Added the back trim.. and seems to help a lot!.It also dawned on me, how much time are ya on the surface anyways :)

Messed around in the pool today, put in 8 lbs in the front. 6lbs in the trim pockets. Should sink my 158 lbs now smileys/smiley18.gif

Made the big decision today, to not use the rent gear to do this. I like having my own of whatever I do.
So, got an Atomic B2 reg , Aries Epic T3 Elite puter , Oceanic Alpha 8 octo
(so do I get to be a Dork Diver Now) :) lolol

See ya all there in the Morning.

woody
07-14-2007, 04:54
And don't be surprised if an instructor walks over to you and whispers to you to fall down and "fake" a choking or heart attack. They'll want to see if we Rescue students are observing both land and water situations.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Dam it- can't use that one now!</DIV>

TommyB
07-15-2007, 00:02

I was there... I think you were my Dive Buddy :)

Then Tx gave us a show when his o'ring blew up. (at least he was on the surface). But I know what an o'ring blow out looks like now.

Had a blast!!!
Looking forward to 2morrows round of dunking..

Venio
07-15-2007, 21:24

I was there... I think you were my Dive Buddy :)

Then Tx gave us a show when his o'ring blew up. (at least he was on the surface). But I know what an o'ring blow out looks like now.

Had a blast!!!
Looking forward to 2morrows round of dunking..

Hey Tommy,

You should have dove with us after the certification. It was a blast smileys/smiley1.gif! We even found the coffin down there.

TommyB
07-15-2007, 23:31
[QUOTE=ntburchf]
[QUOTE=Venio]Who is going to CSSP this weekend for checkout dives with ST?
Hey Tommy,

You should have dove with us after the certification. It was a blast smileys/smiley1.gif! We even found the coffin down there.

Would have love too!!. But promised the wife I would be home in time to
grill some rib-eye and sip some wine with here.
Seeing how we did not get home until 9:30pm on Sat, she was a little ticked off.
But was happy when I got home at 6:30 tonight, so all is right as rain again..

Not sure I can keep up with you "Pros" with my SAC rate of 28 1/2 cfm lololo
If I have to, I'll sit in the new pool when we move to Orlando, until I get that SAC down to 18 or so.. Guess smoking does not help the SAC either :)

Anyway, had a blast.. Was good to have ya as a Buddy. If I can sneak out of here next sunday 7-21), I'll get Karen to be the DB for the day..

Will have the Misses get her Cert's in the middle of August.
(she'll like get cert'd better in Fl. anyway. Do some pool work, then the open in a spring (if they do OW in springs in Florida).

Need to find me a good instructor that does Cavern cert's (Don't think Patrick does Cavern certs)...

TommyB
07-16-2007, 00:14
PS,
the forums are still hosed here--
=

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/forum/new_post.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.