PDA

View Full Version : summersville lake

orion586969
05-23-2009, 07:34
we are planning on diving at summersville on 5-30-09 and 6-6 &7 -09 temps and viz should be getting better

scubajane
06-07-2009, 15:58
better?? what is 'normal' ?? hubby and I have wanted to dive there for several years....schedule conflicts.....tell me about your dives...please :)

orion586969
06-10-2009, 19:37
6-7-09 conditions surface 72 degrees 30 ft 66 degrees 70 ft 53 degrees 20 ft viz temps will keep coming up viz will get better too the best time to dive at summersville is september i have dove it in a 2-3 mill wet suit

scubajane
06-12-2009, 22:31
thanks!!! do you go with sarge's dive shop or do you shore dive?

WV Diver
06-13-2009, 08:15
Jane, there is quite a large dive community that shore dives from the winter boat ramp, near the dam. I don't personally know anyone who uses Sarge's Dive shop but I believe they have a fair business. You are welcome to come out and visit us when we are there.

We may go to Storm tomorrow. We will see how many chores we get done today.

scubajane
06-13-2009, 09:29
shore diving sounds great. but since I've never been there before I err on the side of caution and would want a guide. whether a local who is already diving or a paid guide. preferably a scuba toy buddy ;) under water is gooood!!

WV Diver
06-14-2009, 07:51
shore diving sounds great. but since I've never been there before I err on the side of caution and would want a guide. whether a local who is already diving or a paid guide. preferably a scuba toy buddy ;) under water is gooood!!
You can pay me if you want! :smiley9: I like money!! :smiley2:

scubajane
06-15-2009, 16:23
Money???? who said money :)

orion586969
06-19-2009, 16:06
diving summersville 9 am at sarges boat dive

scubajane
06-19-2009, 20:37
I hope the weather is good. lots of storms in the area!!

Kokomo
06-21-2009, 15:44
diving summersville 9 am at sarges boat dive

How did it go Brian? Did they go out in spite of the weather? Where did they take you?

mselizann
06-22-2009, 21:33
hope to see some of you this weekend!! Staying at Mountain Lake campground, site 345. We have a dark green conversion van with diver down plates on it (and a cold beer for ya!)- we'll be there Wed night through Sunday.....tomorrow and Wed morning- sand tiger shark tank cleaning at PPG :p tomorrow night- Jimmy Buffett!!

Kokomo
06-23-2009, 21:51
We'll be there this weekend. I'm taking my rescue class. Jimmy Buffett....Have a great time!!!! Awesome!!!

orion586969
06-24-2009, 19:27
did not get to go i was the only one that showed up i know they go to long point i tryed to walk all my gear to party cove (water falls) not again take a boat

underh2o
06-25-2009, 00:02
never dove there or mt storm want to dive there this year would like to hear more about the dives. I usually dive blackwater dives. does this fit in this category?

mocepts
06-25-2009, 07:56
never dove there or mt storm want to dive there this year would like to hear more about the dives. I usually dive blackwater dives. does this fit in this category?

Well then you should join us at the Storm for our MADD picnic next month. Here is a link to the thread.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/mid-atlantic-darkwater-diver/24051-mt-storm-gathering-madd-cookout.html

WV Diver
06-27-2009, 20:09
hope to see some of you this weekend!! Staying at Mountain Lake campground, site 345. We have a dark green conversion van with diver down plates on it (and a cold beer for ya!)- we'll be there Wed night through Sunday.....tomorrow and Wed morning- sand tiger shark tank cleaning at PPG :p tomorrow night- Jimmy Buffett!!Hey, we were at the lake ALLLLL day today and was hoping you would be there but did not see you. We will be there ALLLLL day tomorrow also, stop by. We are at the winter boat ramp, which is near the dam. Take Route 129 west off of Route 19 southn (just south of Summersville), when you cross the dam turn into the picnic area and look for the hidden gravel road at the far end, it takes you down the hill to the gate. We are there, come see us, and bring your dive gear. :smiley2:

mselizann
06-28-2009, 18:13
hope to see some of you this weekend!! Staying at Mountain Lake campground, site 345. We have a dark green conversion van with diver down plates on it (and a cold beer for ya!)- we'll be there Wed night through Sunday.....tomorrow and Wed morning- sand tiger shark tank cleaning at PPG :p tomorrow night- Jimmy Buffett!!Hey, we were at the lake ALLLLL day today and was hoping you would be there but did not see you. We will be there ALLLLL day tomorrow also, stop by. We are at the winter boat ramp, which is near the dam. Take Route 129 west off of Route 19 southn (just south of Summersville), when you cross the dam turn into the picnic area and look for the hidden gravel road at the far end, it takes you down the hill to the gate. We are there, come see us, and bring your dive gear. :smiley2:
we dove off the winter boat ramp Friday, and did a charter with some Pittsburgh people yesterday...
right now we are taking the long drive back to Erie.....
maybe next time- we may still join you at the Mt Storm cookout too