PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic launches worlds first Class 10 SDHC cards

DevilDiver
05-23-2009, 14:12
Panasonic launches worlds first Class 10 SDHC cards

Thursday, 21 May 2009 10:15 GMT

Panasonic has launched the worlds first 'Class 10' series of SDHC cards. Class 10 is a new speed specification developed by the SD Card Association, it inherits the attributes of the current 'Class 6' line with further enhanced speed performance of up to 22MB/s. In addition to its Gold series Class 10 cards, it has announced a Silver series of Class 4 cards with a maximum speed of up to 20MB/s. The Gold series will start shipping by the end of this month in 4, 8, 16 and 32 GB capacities.

Rileybri
05-23-2009, 14:16
Panasonic launches worlds first Class 10 SDHC cards

Thursday, 21 May 2009 10:15 GMT

The only problem I see with higher capacity cards is an opportunity to loose 20+ gigs of memories. I only go 8 Max and that is a lot of pics even shooting in raw mode and take 5 or 6 cards with me on vacation (I am a shutter bug). If I lose or is place a card I have not lost everything I shot. JMTC

The faster processing speed is sweet though.....:smiley20:

Panasonic has launched the worlds first 'Class 10' series of SDHC cards. Class 10 is a new speed specification developed by the SD Card Association, it inherits the attributes of the current 'Class 6' line with further enhanced speed performance of up to 22MB/s. In addition to its Gold series Class 10 cards, it has announced a Silver series of Class 4 cards with a maximum speed of up to 20MB/s. The Gold series will start shipping by the end of this month in 4, 8, 16 and 32 GB capacities.

DevilDiver
05-23-2009, 14:27
I agree, I use 4gb cards now. I usually take 2-4 cards when traveling and change them out every 2 days or so.

I lost (theft) a card and camera a few years back in Mexico and since then I take extra care of them and try to not have too many files at risk on a single card.

The Class 10 cards are an enhanced speed specification though. The upside to the larger capacity cards would be for video capture more than photo I would guess.

paperdesk
05-23-2009, 23:13
Cool, something new to add to the wish list!

cruzan
05-25-2009, 12:59
Heck my old reefmaster mini will only take a 1mg card and they're getting hard to find.

BubblesMcCoy
05-25-2009, 17:13
What are the chances that the new standard will work with the cameras currently on the market?

John Yaskowich
05-26-2009, 08:09
Heck my old reefmaster mini will only take a 1mg card and they're getting hard to find.
I have used a 2G card in mine without any problems. I am pretty sure the camera formatted and recognized it as a 2G card. I have not tried to shoot 2G of pictures on it but even if the camera only allows 1G on a 2G card, they are so cheap it won't really hurt.

CompuDude
05-26-2009, 17:28
I wish my camera could handle SDHC cards, but sadly, I'm stuck at 2gb. :(

My next one will, though!

azdiver
05-26-2009, 19:13
I wish my camera could handle SDHC cards, but sadly, I'm stuck at 2gb. :(

My next one will, though!

Ditto :smiley20:

Of course now that I decided to break down and buy a strobe I read and saw pics using the subsee adaptor so now I have decided to just go out and start saving for a new camera and housing just so I can shoot super macro! Guess I will have to make sure the new outfit can handle these new high speed cards as well, Good grief will the spending ever stop!! :smiley2:

Also, after deciding on the Inon S-2000 I had to go and read about the D-2000 type 4 that came out.