PDA

View Full Version : DIN Adapter

beperkins
05-28-2009, 10:17
Does Zeagle sell an adapter to convert a yoke first stage to a 300 bar DIN, particularly for the Zeagle Rezort yoke first stage that ST has on sale right now?

If so where can I get one and how much?

MSilvia
05-28-2009, 13:20
Yoke first stages aren't designed to handle 300bar service pressures. There are converters available (regardless of whether or not Zeagle sells them), but IMHO it would be foolish to use a yoke reg on a high pressure steel cylinder, which is the only kind of tank that needs 300bar DIN.

You'd be better off having the first stage converted to DIN.

Aquatrax
05-28-2009, 18:30
I don't know about the resort reg but i just converted my flat head vi to din and will convert back for the occasional trip to Mexico. The guys at ST could answer the question about the Resort. The Zeagle part number for mine was 345-1010

beperkins
06-01-2009, 09:34
Yoke first stages aren't designed to handle 300bar service pressures. There are converters available (regardless of whether or not Zeagle sells them), but IMHO it would be foolish to use a yoke reg on a high pressure steel cylinder, which is the only kind of tank that needs 300bar DIN.

You'd be better off having the first stage converted to DIN.

Converting the first stage to DIN is exactly what I'm trying to do. I perhaps should have said "parts" instead of "adapter" but any how.

Thank you aquatrax for an answer, including part number. I will confirm with ST that what works on your will work on mine as well. How much was it anyway?

navyhmc
06-01-2009, 10:12
I don't know about the resort reg but i just converted my flat head vi to din and will convert back for the occasional trip to Mexico. The guys at ST could answer the question about the Resort. The Zeagle part number for mine was 345-1010

My personal prefecence is DIN. All my tanks are either 232 BAR conversion valves or 300 Bar DIN. I do have a RIN to Yoke adapter that I take with me when I do go on charters where I can't guarantee I'll have DIN avaialble. Might be worth it to pick one up that way you don't have to make changes to your first stage.