PDA

View Full Version : Any Lake Erie shore dives between Cleveland and Erie?

wmspdi
05-29-2009, 21:47
I am getting tired of mud diving in local lakes. Gilboa and White Star are about a 3 to 4 hour drive for me. A vaction south is not an option this year due to work (or lack of).

That brings me to my question... Are there any shore dives in Lake Erie between Cleveland OH and Erie PA? I am not looking for spectacular, just something a little different. I thought of maybe an Erie wreck dive, but I recently sold my boat, and the charter boats want an arm and a leg, plus Erie's quirky weather always seems to be a factor.

Experience level... I'm a public safety diver with about 60+ dives. PADI Master Scuba Diver with Deep, Night, Nitrox, Navigator, Night, Search & Recovery and wreck cards. I dive a DIR rig with single and double tanks. I'm used to 0-7 ft visabilty where we dive, but would like to see something for a change. Thanks for any input.

17-40
06-01-2009, 20:02
Where exactly are you located. I could be close and I would like to try some Lake erie diving this year. Was a Nelsons last weekend. Vis still not the greatest but you do still have the quarry all to yourself at least each time I've gone. We get decent vis in Conneaut Lake when we go but don't go there on the weekends. We usally go Weds night. Did Pymatuning last week and came out in the middle of a strom. opps

cruzandiver1
08-30-2009, 20:01
There is shore diving around Presque Isle State Park. You must contact the park manager first and they will send you a complete map of areas allowed to dive and a waiver form to fill out. Not really much to see without a boat but still a great place to get wet.

Jon