PDA

View Full Version : Rear weight pocket

thor
06-02-2009, 09:42
I have a Zeagle BC and I want to move the rear weight pockets to the top strap. I managed to slide them through the top cam strap, bit it didn't look like the velcro would work on the top strap, allowing them to slide a little. I then zip tied them together to avoid them shifting around. It worked but it seemed to be blocking the bladder in a way that was effecting the vent on the left top vent side. I found it harder to vent air after moving the strap. Could that be possible? Is there a better way to attach them to the top strap, or are there better pockets for this?

navyhmc
06-02-2009, 10:00
If you want to add weight to your top tank strap (if I'm understanding what you wrote.) Why not try a set of these: XS Scuba Weight Pocket reviews and discounts, XS Scuba (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=XsScubaWeightPocket)

They will definitelywork for putting weight at the top of your tank.-I use these on my top strap for trim as well. I got the velcro pockets as they are easier to put on and the tightness of the band definitely keeps them in place.

thor
06-02-2009, 10:02
I was actually just looking at those, and also the ones that have the velcro on the outside to attach the cam strap velcro to, although I am not sure if ST carries the ones with the velcro on the outside.

DMWiz
06-02-2009, 10:22
I was actually just looking at those, and also the ones that have the velcro on the outside to attach the cam strap velcro to, although I am not sure if ST carries the ones with the velcro on the outside.

Just give them a call, I'm sure they will be happy to take your order.:smiley20:

cruzan
06-02-2009, 11:14
If you want to add weight to your top tank strap (if I'm understanding what you wrote.) Why not try a set of these: XS Scuba Weight Pocket reviews and discounts, XS Scuba (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=XsScubaWeightPocket)

They will definitelywork for putting weight at the top of your tank.-I use these on my top strap for trim as well. I got the velcro pockets as they are easier to put on and the tightness of the band definitely keeps them in place.

Husband uses both types. he uses a semi-permanent one one his top tank strap and on his belt. He also uses the velcro type for weight balance in his HSA class.

navyhmc
06-03-2009, 00:54

The velcro pouch does not attach to the velcro. Instead of an attached fabric loop on the back of the pouch to slip over the tank strap, it has two smaller loops that are fastened together with velcro so you don't have to take the strap completely off the tank to add it. Rather you loosen the strap enough to be able to fasten the velcro on the tank side of the strap. When you retighten the tank strap, it helps keep the pouch in place.

Clear as mud???:smiley36:

Splitlip
06-03-2009, 06:46
Thanks for posting. Have not seen them before except for the Compudude modification! I'll be all over that today.

Thor, as for your original questiion: Use these pouches to move the trim weight up and keep the Zeagle pockets low for additional storage. Like for a DSMB.

IndyDiver
06-03-2009, 12:36
Thor, as for your original question: Use these pouches to move the trim weight up and keep the Zeagle pockets low for additional storage. Like for a DSMB.

I had taken the rear weight pouches off of my Ranger and was using small weight belt pouches on the upper band for trim weights when I saw this suggestion in one of Splitlip's previous posts. I put one of the original pouches back on the lower band and I put my "lost at sea" stuff in it when I ocean dive. Current contents are: strobe light, signal mirror, and an old jon line with quick links on the ends to strap two BC's together.

keyshunter
06-04-2009, 04:49
I had a discussion about this with Scott soon after I bought one of the very early Stilletto bc's. IMO, the trim pockets should be designed so that they go on the upper band, since their current location is too close to the level of the front weights to be very effective.

thor
06-04-2009, 10:05

The velcro pouch does not attach to the velcro. Instead of an attached fabric loop on the back of the pouch to slip over the tank strap, it has two smaller loops that are fastened together with velcro so you don't have to take the strap completely off the tank to add it. Rather you loosen the strap enough to be able to fasten the velcro on the tank side of the strap. When you retighten the tank strap, it helps keep the pouch in place.

I understand, but the other pouch I was looking at has the velcro on the other side so that the cam band velcro strap has something to attach to, since the weight pocket on one side will be in the way (maybe)

http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/3/5/5/wb101_v.jpg

Splitlip
06-04-2009, 11:22

I understand, but the other pouch I was looking at has the velcro on the other side so that the cam band velcro strap has something to attach to, since the weight pocket on one side will be in the way (maybe)

http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/3/5/5/wb101_v.jpg

Ordered 2 yesterday. About 8 bucks each.